• Yeah, I think it would be useful

• No, no need for this

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hello everyone,

NOTE: This thread will be used to see if majority of posts think it's fine to have it. If people decide they like it I will make it happen (these days). This is just so we don't see some members crying all over the forum and saying how it wasn't necessary because I know some would love to troll around and bitch about it.

I had an idea while back but I didn't have much time to make it happen. So this is how it goes, I will be asking and answering questions.

Name of the section?

It's gonna be called 'Scout Section'. Reason itself hides behind the name, obviously. It will be explained further down.

What will be in there?

Basically it's going to work as 'Players Section', what we have already. It's just that we'll be able to create threads for players that are not Juve's.

Purpose?

Main thing is a focus on more activity during the seasons period. I'm pretty sure everybody has some players that he likes but he's not playing at Juve. It is possible to talk about this stuff in threads like Serie A, EPL and others, but it's too hard to do so especially if there are many people discussing other things. I think some members would be happy to have a thread for their players, such as Benzema, C.Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic etc. and that's what gave me this idea.

Talk about what there?

Mainly it's gonna consist of arguments and debates while of course it would be useful for news and youtube videos, their week display against X team etc.

Rules?

1) Only threads for players from top leagues can be opened. Top leagues in this case will be: Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1.

Why only those leagues?

Because other players aren't so known among other people so that thread would be low on posts and without real debates, arguments and such.

2) First post of the thread would look like the one from Players Section. Shortly, it's gonna contain a picture of player and his biography that's usually taken from Wikipedia.

--

Poll will be up, opinions down below are welcome. :champ:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It'd be better to talk about lesser players. Any football fan knows how Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema etc play. It should be more about rising talents or players we'd not usually watch. Like Gotze for example.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    It'd be better to talk about lesser players. Any football fan knows how Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema etc play. It should be more about rising talents or players we'd not usually watch. Like Gotze for example.
    I was only mentioning those players because just like Rab loves DP thread, some would love Ronaldo's.

And like I said, there would be various players from those top leagues. There's no rule to open threads for STARS only.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    I was only mentioning those players because just like Rab loves DP thread, some would love Ronaldo's.

And like I said, there would be various players from those top leagues. There's no rule to open threads for STARS only.
    Oh sure. Still La Liga really only consists of those two players so that thread is enough :p

It's a good idea cause I have very little knowledge of the French and German leagues for examples.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Arent you worried this would take away activity from the threads of the respective leagues these players play in? Usually main reason to post on those threads, besides the games. But I say go for it, try and see how it goes.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    Arent you worried this would take away activity from the threads of the respective leagues these players play in? Usually main reason to post on those threads, besides the games. But I say go for it, try and see how it goes.
    It can always be deleted but I don't think it will be necessary. I think league threads would be active, especially on the match day. But the day after we'd get to see more discussion in this section, providing link of goals/assist and regular debates. I think it would be easier to follow some discussions and follow players much more carefully as we'd have a full season discussion at one place.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Why not just use the "Club football" section that we already have? Just stop stickying so many threads there because new threads always end up forgotten because you can't see them with all the sticky threads.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Why not just use the "Club football" section that we already have? Just stop stickying so many threads there because new threads always end up forgotten because you can't see them with all the sticky threads.
    Because it would get too messy (not just messy, but it would look rather ugly), far too many threads at one section. It's much more clear this way I think.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    I often find myself following clubs beause of players (from last season) - ie Porto - Hulk/Falcao, Anderlect - Lukaku, Lille - Eden Hazard/Gervinho etc. etc. So would be cool to debate players with other people that are interested in them.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm in. I think it gives a way for people who want to track players -- and not necessarily because of some bogus rumor connecting them to Juve in the Transfers subforum.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I say give it a go for a probationary period. Then do a post count, if it is used frequently enough then keep it, if not ditch it. Also it would be interesting to see how much traffic it draws from the League threads.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I think its a very good idea. First thread i'll make is about a player i'm very interested in, and soon enough most of you will hear about him, because he's so talented(you'll love this Cheese) Younes Belhanda!!

Good idea, Dusan. I say go for it.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    I think its a very good idea. First thread i'll make is about a player i'm very interested in, and soon enough most of you will hear about him, because he's so talented(you'll love this Cheese) Younes Belhanda!!

Good idea, Dusan. I say go for it.
    :heart:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I second this thought. I mean the only reason Ligue 1 is ever active sometimes is to talk about Hazard and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)