Biggest disappointment of the World Cup? (1 Viewer)

Biggest disappointment of the World Cup?

• Argentina

• France

• Italy

• Spain

• Portugal

• England

• Uruguay

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Croatia

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Without a doubt, France. No wins and no goals scored. Hard to imagine a worse preformace then that from the defending champs.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    I chose France and Argentina, the two teams the world had expected the most from. France as holders, Argentina believed to be in fantastic shape featuring their allstars. I'd have to say those were the two weakest to me. :(

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
    Has to be France since they didn't score a single goal. I'm actually most dissapointed with Italy since they played so crap. But I didn't vote for them because I didn't know about the multi vote thing

Ben`

Jul 12, 2002
    England....I thought that considering the teams left in, we might have been able to go all the way. Oh well. :/

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Hello guys great to be back, but i gotta say i am shocked to see England polling more votes than "crybaby" Italy, I voted for France as its impossible to vote for anyother country as they came in the best in the world and left without scoring a goal

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    Argentina-for sure and for me-Poland-that was really ugly performance! Now is Zibi's time!
    btw great to be back! :kiss:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    I have my doubts about Zibi, he's like Deschamps, never successful in coaching. From what I recall he coached Bari soon after retiring from playing, at the time they had a strong squad but he failed. :(

Though the national team is different, I hope he does better ;)

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    Me too. For me Zibi's time isn't the best thing that could happen to polish football-He isn't my fav, but for many people in Poland he is, I don't really agree!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    crap, i didnt know it was a multichoice :wallbang:......

Italy...first because of their tactics
    second because the way they made a hash about it after the went out...sure it wasnt fair, but they over-did it :fool:

Argentina is second....bielsa's dumb tactics(almost as dumb as trap's) of playing batistuta alone and stuff like not including saviola and riquelme

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I guess the biggest disappoinment of the world cup is that no new superstar was born just one reborn, big teams were a huge disappointment apart from Brazil but hopefully catenaccio is dead once and for all but disappointily as long as there are Italian managers that will never be the case

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
    england played awful. i don't care how far they go. they were the most boring team in the tournament.

bielsa wasted a wonderful team. played ortega in the right wing, didn't give much chance to aimar.

i was expecting france to be unsuccesful this time but never thought they wouldn't score.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
    How can it be multichoice when the question asks for the 'biggest' :D ??

I think that France were the biggest disappointment of the World Cup because of their premature elimination. But I feel sorry for them at the same time as they were extremely unlucky in their games, the ball must have hit the post at least 10 times. (Trez's smile after he missed that chance was really cool). Anyway, IMO France played much better than Argentina, Italy, and England and yet didn't manage to score a goal or even gain a point.

nina

The biggest diappointment was Argentina. Although not my fav, but surely the fav of the majority of footy fans. Their WC qualification campaign was brilliant.

I also voted for France. There team has the best players and they were defending the title, but if you take a look at their friendly matches before the WC it's not really that surprizing that they didn't shine. But the fact that they didn't even score a goal is kind of pathetic.

And of course Italy. I already saw them lifting the cup :stuckup:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    (originally posted by nina)
    but if you take a look at their friendly matches before the WC it's not really that surprizing that they didn't shine. But the fact that they didn't even score a goal is kind of pathetic.
    my sentiments exactly.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
    I would probably have to go with Argentina. As their qualification was so good but their play while in the far east left a lot to be desired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)