• I'm not working yet, looking for one

• I am satisfied but still want to change

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This is back.

5th poll.

Are you satisfied with your job? Do you plan on looking for something else? Are you the type of person that enjoys changing jobs or you stick to one and never leave like Del Neri ala Motta style?

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i enjoy my job..i love it actually. But i ain't payed well so i'm thinking about searching another job to do in my free time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
lol, I'm jobless but I gotta comment on this.

Majority of Serbs stick to their job for 40 years and over. It's just how it goes, not anyone plans to change it. At least that's how it was since 5 years ago or so, when we felt a huge unemployment rate kick in our back so now people don't really have a choice but stick to their job. Unlike in America, where I've heard at least, people change their jobs frequently. Japan was also one of the countries that guarantee people lifetime job and they were used to it, but it changed nowadays with crisis and evrything. And different cultures I guess.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    blʘndu;3246959 said:
    i enjoy my job..i love it actually. But i ain't payed well so i'm thinking about searching another job to do in my free time.
    What if you're paid well? You would stick on it forever?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    lol, I'm jobless but I gotta comment on this.

Majority of Serbs stick to their job for 40 years and over. It's just how it goes, not anyone plans to change it. At least that's how it was since 5 years ago or so, when we felt a huge unemployment rate kick in our back so now people don't really have a choice but stick to their job. Unlike in America, where I've heard at least, people change their jobs frequently. Japan was also one of the countries that guarantee people lifetime job and they were used to it, but it changed nowadays with crisis and evrything. And different cultures I guess.
    People say the same here, how you used to have a job for life, it's different now.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Before you wouldn't need much cash to enjoy life and buy the expensive things people need nowadays.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    blʘndu;3246988 said:
    yup...give me at least 20 and something de milioane at the current prices and i would stick on it forever.
    I see. Too bad they don't pay much for fireman seriously.

As for myself, I've been working for my father since almost 3years now. I feel it's the time I want to change, do something else. Maybe open up my own business but I still don't have the cash for it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Before you wouldn't need much cash to enjoy life and buy the expensive things people need nowadays.
    That's true. I think of my grandad who used to work down the pit, like many people in Wales. You get your wages, you go down the pub, buy groceries, clothes and pay bills, then during the shutdown everyone goes to the seaside for two weeks and a week off at Christmas. I suppose some people still live like that, but the world is a faster pace, everything is more expensive in proportion to the average wage, and the nature of the 'smaller world' means we can see everything that is out there and want for it.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    That's true. I think of my grandad who used to work down the pit, like many people in Wales. You get your wages, you go down the pub, buy groceries, clothes and pay bills, then during the shutdown everyone goes to the seaside for two weeks and a week off at Christmas. I suppose some people still live like that, but the world is a faster pace, everything is more expensive in proportion to the average wage, and the nature of the 'smaller world' means we can see everything that is out there and want for it.
    Just like what Lebanon used to be as-well.

Where do you work btw?

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006

As for myself, I've been working for my father since almost 3years now. I feel it's the time I want to change, do something else. Maybe open up my own business but I still don't have the cash for it.
    yep, the government fucks of everytime they want...and we have so strict rules we can't go on strike (like the police which has a sindicate cuz we will be fired).

as for your job, it's nice clean and easy for now :p...do the plans, do them again until you have something strong and well organised then tell your father about your intentions

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    blʘndu;3247010 said:
    as for your job, it's nice clean and easy for now :p...do the plans, do them again until you have something strong and well organised then tell your father about your intentions
    My father knows my intentions but acts as if he doesn't :D

He wants to work for him for like another 10years when in-fact I can do something in parallel(have my own small business) to what we have and make more money but he just wouldn't get it or fears I would fuck up the cash since it would be my first time running a business.

Behind a computer or three, which is why I can post at this time :D I work in the engineering industry. It's not fun, it's massive peaks and troughs.
    You finished Engineering back then? Or it's what you found?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    You finished Engineering back then? Or it's what you found?
    I don't understand your first question, but I did I.T. and design courses, once I finished having a good time. I just sort of fell into my job, I wouldn't be able to do that now in the jobs market.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007

How much money is required to start something you'd like?

Oh and I believe this is the worst period to start your own business. Crisis we're facing are too much and you can lose everything even with a great business plan.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    I don't understand your first question, but I did I.T. and design courses, once I finished having a good time. I just sort of fell into my job, I wouldn't be able to do that now in the jobs market.
    Cool. My first question was if that was your major back then in Univ.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    How much money is required to start something you'd like?

Oh and I believe this is the worst period to start your own business. Crisis we're facing are too much and you can lose everything even with a great business plan.
    Very true. But I'm planning something small, something that I can pay my phone bill, eat drink, take my own vacation and pay my rents, save money(I know I can't save much). Half of the things I mentioned are still financed by my father.

I think I would need around 20-25k to start something. I have several options but like you said, I'm taking things slowly because the market is fucked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)