News/updates (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Just posted the 8th lesson now. I have the feeling we might be going too fast for some people who only visit maybe once a week and they have more to catch up with than they maybe want to. Any reactions to that?

On Saturday there will be no new lesson because I'm out of town, so if you want you can take that as an opportunity to look back on the first 8 lessons and see that you've read a whole bunch of short stories already and because the lessons are getting harder it means you're understanding more and more of the language as we go along (hopefully). :cap:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No, not too fast!

:p

But really though. Since people can view the threads and answer whenever, they shouldn't feel like they have to catch up in a certain time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I was and still am very busy with exams. I didn't mind that 'speed' but I did miss quite a lot so I'll have to catch up... soon enough hopefully.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
yes I will do this later
i have to do a spanish exam later this studyyear
after that i will follow the italian lesson Martin and Kate

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #7
    Let's do a small survey. Some people have commented recently that the lessons are getting hard. Do you think we should slow down to one per week?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Thanks for your populous participation :p

I'll be away for a few days starting tomorrow so the next lesson is posted a little ahead of time.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    Alright guys, the last lesson has been posted. :)

I originally intended the course to be about twice as long, so we could cover more stuff. But it was a lot of work to write, and as it turns out few could follow it as it is. Probably a good thing teaching isn't my profession. :)

It's been a lot of fun for me to write it, I hope you've had some fun following it too.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Have glanced at a few of these thread as well. Props to you, Martin. Very good, easy & structured way to get the basics quickly.

I might end up using your lessons to freshen up on a few things myself. :D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks a lot for the effort, Martin. It was a way of learning that was interesting and we could've probably learned more if there was more participation and discussion among the students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)