Marrone
Pepe
Amauri
Iaquinta
Toni

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

We conceded 103 goals the last 2 years. Defence was the departement that needed the biggest improvement, the only upgrade is Licht. We'd rather buy a SS than a good CB.
We also made a risky move by appointing Conte. Hope i'm wrong tough

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I give it 5. Some good transfers like Vidal and Licht, some mediocore like Vucinic. Some players, like Estigarlic and Piacenza should never play for Juventus. Some people had to be sold, but weren't. Some defenders HAD TO be bought but Marotta was too busy getting Paraguayans.

And we didn't get any game breaker that was promised.

Now when I think about it, for all of the lies Marotta and Agnelli server us, I should rate it 4 instead of 5.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
4. Haven't sold many of our most useless players, only improved the squad marginally, missed opportunities like Piazon, appointed a no name manager, barely fixed our leaky defense.

The only positive in this mercato among a long list of negatives is that our squad has been only slightly improved with the help of a huge cash handout. Why would anyone give this mercato an 8/10?

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #8

A good CB would have taken it to a 7, getting better players than Elia and Ziegler would have taken it higher still.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    I give it a 6/10.

Vidal, Pirlo, Vucinic, and Lichtsteiner bring the most to the mercato.

I think Elia can do something great over here. We also brought some depth (average or not) with Giaccherini, Esti, Pazienza, and Ziegler.

Props to getting rid of Grygera.

I would have gave it a 7 if we managed to offload even some of the deadwood. But shit like Amauri and Iaquinta still wear our jerseys, and suck our money. And Pepe and Bonucci have also remained. Also, a new (good) CB would have been nice.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Friday 1 July, 2011
    Marotta talks Juve transfers

Beppe Marotta has revealed Juventus’ transfer plans for this summer – where he admitted interest in Sergio Aguero, Mirko Vucinic and Arturo Vidal.

In an interview with Tuttosport, the director confirmed the club’s intention to spend very big on one player before the new campaign starts.

We want to spend wisely,” noted the transfer official. “We have clear ideas and it’s now just a matter of timing.

“We are ready to spend a large part of our budget on one player, even if other factors then have to be taken into consideration – like salaries.

“Aguero, for example, benefits from tax breaks in Spain with Atletico Madrid that he wouldn’t get in Italy.

“If someone poaches Aguero from us then it will only be because of an economical offer that we are in no position to match.”

The Argentine is the club’s primary transfer target, but he’s not alone.

“Alexis Sanchez would fit in well with the football of Coach Antonio Conte, as Aguero would,” the former Sampdoria man added. “The others a little less.

Vucinic is someone we like and his arrival wouldn’t block that of a top player. However, we haven’t spoken to Roma yet – we have to trim our squad first.”

:lol:

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I'll be generous and give it a 6.

Marotta did not come through on any of his 'promises', and couldn't even get a fucking CB.

And has 2 unsettled - Bonucci and Ziegler - players in his camp, not to mention Grosso, Iaquinta and Amauri are still here.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Look at our squad for heavens sake. The starting line up isn't bad (definitely not Scudetto challenging) but the squad as a whole sucks and is way too big. Why weren't these problems addressed? If anything, Marotta has worsened one of our worst problems by bringing in more mediocre players without shifting out our already existing ones. We're accumulating this crap season by season, we pay them millions and they give us nothing.

You can't say Marotta has done a good job because he brought in some OK starters, without overlooking his long list of failures.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    I'd give this mercato a 7/10. Which if you want to grade it, is a C.

We set out to strengthen our squad on a whole and we did that. Juventus 11/12 is stronger than Juventus 10/11 - on paper anyway therefore i can't fail this Mercato. We have brought in some good players in Litch & Vidal and Vucinic & Elia could be anything. We failed to bring in any real superstars or proven world class players and we failed to offload a lot of dead wood so I can't give more than a 7.

From here it's up to Conte and his staff and let's hope that we don't get too many injuries!.

The glass is half full!!! Forza Juve

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Indeed at the end the only transfer that really counts is the Coach.

The state of our defensive line looks really hopeless.

Canna would have to die and his soul to take over Bonucci if we are to have a chance.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Pepe- Why did we buy him and then try to sell him? I don't know but he sucks. Cost way too much. 3

Motta-
    Even worse than Pepe but didn't cost that much. 3

Quagliarella-
    Had a great half season with us before getting injured. Can he repeat that form? Will his injuries come back to haunt us (we've some niggling recurrences already). For the qulity he gave us, he didn't cost too much but maybe we could have got him for less considering the injury. 6.5

Matri
    - Was good for us in the 2nd half of last season but his form died down (maybe he was just dragged down with the rest of the team) and finished the season with an all-time high of 20 goals. But where were these goals before that season? One-hit wonder or late bloomer? Cost a bit much too and his preseason was rather worrying. 6

Ziegler- Originally I thought it was a solid transfer--decent player, cost nothing. Then we find out Conte doesn't want him; he was a signing for Delneri. But when he signed, the thought of firing Delneri would've surely been ongoing. Why go through with it when there's doubt that he'll be the coach next season? So we try to sell him right at the end of the mercato and the deal falls through. We have a player who the coach does not rate, with shattered confidence and we are without a quality signing for our weakspot of last season. 4

Pazienza-
    Okay, so we wanted to sell Sissoko and this guy was free. He was a starter for Napoli who had a wonderful season. Yet I feel we shouldn't be replacing our players with others or equal or lesser quality. Still, he's just a backup and cost nothing. 5

Pirlo-
    At first I was against this one--he's old, we should be looking for quality in younger players, not washed up players who've won everything and lack hunger. But Pirlo is Pirlo--he's still got his class. He may be a bit slower and less fit than he was 5 years ago, but even then he was a slow and "lazy" but still a midfield God. And since he's been here, I've been in awe at the amount of running and defending he's been doing and the passes he's been spraying all over have been as beautiful as ever. Probably going to be our most important player and I dread the day he's not in our starting lineup. Oh yeah, and he's free. 7.5

Lichtsteiner-
    I've rated this guy highly since he first joined Lazio. He's one of the best fullbacks in Serie A, maybe only Maicon is better. This is the guy I wanted for RB and I'm glad we got him. He wasn't too expensive either. 8

Vidal- To be honest, I knew nothing about him when we were first linked but by all accounts he sounded like an outstanding player. We beat Bayern to him--some would say that Leverkusen just refused to sell to them, whatever--and we got a good price for him considering his last season. However, is the type of player that should be sitting next to Pirlo to do the dirty work. He's apparently an all-action guy and not a defensive midfielder. Was he the right signing for this midfield? Will we change to 4-3-3 eventually to get the best of him and Pirlo? 7

Vucinic-
    It's Vucinic, a quality player who can win games on his own--something we were lacking in this team. He loves the big games but maybe not the not so big games i.e. questions over his inconsistency. Or was it just sucky, ol' Roma? Anyway, he's a great player on his day and I expect a lot from him. Good price and Roma should be pissed. 7

Giaccherini-
    When we were interested, I was pissed. Another typical Marotta signing--cheap, provincial, mediocre, Italian. But then I learned he's coming as Krasic's backup. Not so bad... Unless Conte really doesn't like Krasic and plans to use Giaccherini more often than not :scared: We'll see. Was cheap at least. 6

Estigarribia-
    At first I was like :excited: but then I was like :depressed. I had just known him as the guy that tore up the Copa America (or at least the 1 or 2 games I saw of him). Then I checked his career info... Not that young, not good goal and assist stats (fine, they're only stats; see Iniesta) and not good enough for Le Mans in Ligue 2. So what's the deal, scouts? Fine. Cheap and backup and we'll be helping him find a new home in a year's time. Should I even give this one a pass? 5

Elia-
    Great. Just the guy I didn't want. Yeah sure, a 24-year old who's been a promising talent for the last 5 years. The epitome of headless chicken--the new Babel they call him. They say he's a great dribbler... not in the games I've seen. Okay, he's fast, right-footed and Conte wanted him. Very underwhelming. 5

So the areas that needed bolstering most were RB, LB, CB and LM. RB was strengthened satisfactorily. LB was a failure in the end. CB was not only not improved, it was worsened since now Bonucci is an unwanted man and we'll probably be using Barzagli. LM, the main guy is crap and the backup is basically an unknown to me. We added some class in midfield and attack. We lost a midfielder in Melo--who I don't miss but is better than Pazienza--and could have done with for next to nothing.

All in all, we improved a bit but we also got a lot of trash and have an oversized squad. We still lack in critical areas and we're gonna be back in the market replacing these same players in the same positions next year, wasting more money. Pray to Delpie that we make CL. 6 for me.

Edit- I forgot to take the hiring of Conte into account. 5

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    The worst thing about this Mercato is that when Conte fails (as his defence will likely cause him to do so), as we bought players to suit his so called "system", we are going to replace him, buy another 10 players, and due to Marotta end up with a squad of 50 in two seasons time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    A generous rating of 6/10, because some of the signings are dynamic players that will make the team more technical/quicker. But how we only got Licht for a defence that was basically 2nd worst or so in the league, at home games, is so fucking retarded. Plus not offloading dead weight and the biggiest mistake of all, hiring a total rookie, yet again, as our coach, most vital decision of all. Makes me wanna half my rating to 3/10...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)