Official AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football) (3 Viewers)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009

I Suppose it's time we started our own AFL thread. There's enough Aussies here that talk about the game to give it it's own place.

For what it's worth I'm an Adelaide Crows supporter, and have been so since their inception in 1991.​

Buy on AliExpress.com

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
Supported the Dons since pre-school which is strange because I live in Perth. I despise the Eagles but credit to them for having a great turnaround. It's more their fans i don't like.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Eagles fans at Subi are strange. All quiet. Goal they roar. Free kick boo. And not much in between.

But anyway we have a slight chance if Collingwood lose their ruck for finals. Naitanui and Cox showtime.

OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #5
    There are plenty of Essendon supporters in Adelaide so it's not that strange. I think teams like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon generally have large supporter bases all over the country.

Should be a decent finals series this year, even though there are 2 teams clearly ahead of the rest i think that there are at least 4 other teams that is everything goes right could cause some troubles. should make for some great games

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Hawthorn have definitely stepped up with good timing. I only fear Hawthorn and Geelong this season. Carlton will suck come finals. They pretty much have no chance of winning a flag unless they recruit some great key players to complement their midfield. Since Fev, they've lacked a match winner up forward. Easily the most over rated team in the AFL. Did you see how Robert Walls and co. were talking up their grand final chances after they had only beaten one team in the top 8 (Sydney) and are still yet to beat any other side while they've been in the top 8 this season. Losers.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #7
    Robert Walls is the worst AFL media personality there is. That man is more biased than SA sports talk back radio. I'm so glad he's not on 'on the couch' any more!

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    The sports media in Melbourne are all Carlton biased. Almost the entire panel of Before the Game are Carlton supporters. I'd love to punch Hughsey in his ugly face.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
    Eagles fans at Subi are strange. All quiet. Goal they roar. Free kick boo. And not much in between.
    They clap at everything though which annoys me. Player runs it out of bounds *crowd claps*, player takes an easy chest mark *crowd claps*

And i agree about Walls. There is so much Bias Commentary. I must say I like Brian Taylor the most. Love it when he gets excited. haha.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011

2000 premiership team :touched: That team was the equivalent of early 2000s Juve.

Hope we win at least 2 games in the finals. As long as Hurley, Jobe and Fletcher play we should do quite well.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    If we play on top form we could possibly get to the quarter finals losing out to geelong or collingwood. But we're not going to play on top form so yes, we will lose to Carlton first round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)