How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (1 Viewer)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lets see how you get along with your parents.

Also we can discuss these

- What's your biggest issue with them?
- How do you describe your childhood relationship with them?
- How flexible they are/were with you and how well do you get along with them ATM?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    What's up with Rab trying to physiologically pick our brains? :D
    Hey, I'm just trying to keep this place alive other than the transfer section with this off-season :D

Edit: I'll do one soon about military, how gay things were there, so get yourself ready :D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I had lots of trouble with my parents especially when I stopped wanting to go to church and as everyone knows, church is on Sundays and I was usually hangover. Another problem was that it took me a while before moving from home and it is obvious that trouble has to come up when living at home with them after one has "grown up".

With all these problems, I never had big issues with them and as far as I am, we are still in contact, sometimes daily. I love them a lot and they are the reason I would want to go back and visit Lebanon. I guess that's because I know how hard they fought to give me a proper education and opening opportunities for me to follow what I wanted.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    I had lots of trouble with my parents especially when I stopped wanting to go to church and as everyone knows, church is on Sundays and I was usually hangover. Another problem was that it took me a while before moving from home and it is obvious that trouble has to come up when living at home with them after one has "grown up"..
    How old were you when you moved from home?

You know why I am asking, because in our society(Lebanon) it's a bit different, kids tend to move when they're married usually/mostly. You don't see it often ala European style or American kids moving out when they're in college or over 18-20.

Personally, I seem to enjoy living with my parents. I can't see myself living alone unless I wanna settle down for a family.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Hey, I'm just trying to keep this place alive other than the transfer section with this off-season :D

Edit: I'll do one soon about military, how gay things were there, so get yourself ready :D
    There's a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about those kinda things :D

Back on topic, my dad is way cool and understanding, and democratic.
    My mom is a little paranoid, and worries too much about me, and she is the only person in the world who is able to make me really angry (because other people I don't care much for, but she's my mom and i can't just walk away, you know what I mean?). But it's all good usually.
    Other than that, I have good relationship with them. No complaints.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I left home when I was 17-18 and for a while now I earn more than both of them. I have much higher education than both too and I don't depend on them in any way.
    But boy do I still look down and I obey whenever they raise their voice on me and tell me to do something :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Since I was a kid, I admit, I was kind of a mummy's boy. Even now I think. I am the kind who tells my mother most of the things in my life. From the things I love to the things I hate. She's easily the person who I love the most. When I started going out alone when I was around 15 years old, I never went through the same problem like my sister did. I remember it like it was yesterday the panic they created when my sister arrived 1 hour later than what my parents told her. They never did the same with me. Maybe it's because I'm a boy and she's a girl, I don't know, but my sister used to get very pissed at that reasoning. :D

My relationship with my father is different than my mother's. I don't see him as much as my mother since he's a Taxi driver and works long hours, but even when I do, I'm not much close to him. The most closer we'll get is during a Juventus' match in front of the TV while sharing a few beers together and hear each others swearing against our opponents.

If I'd say I got any particular problems with them I'd be lying, honestly. I can't imagine myself not living with them.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    There's a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about those kinda things :D

Back on topic, my dad is way cool and understanding, and democratic.
    My mom is a little paranoid, and worries too much about me, and she is the only person in the world who is able to make me really angry (because other people I don't care much for, but she's my mom and i can't just walk away, you know what I mean?). But it's all good usually.
    Other than that, I have good relationship with them. No complaints.
    My mom is paranoid too. It gets on my nerves too sometimes though I get very well with her and sometimes more than my father.

My father is an open mind person but too strict when it comes to work, being on time and taking everything seriously at times. But that's because I guess he suffered in his youth running from a place to another trying to make a living.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Oh I forgot to mention, I don't tell my parents ANYTHING. I'm very secretive by nature, but especially with parents.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    I left home when I was 17-18 and for a while now I earn more than both of them. I have much higher education than both too and I don't depend on them in any way.
    But boy do I still look down and I obey whenever they raise their voice on me and tell me to do something :D
    :D, Usually when my mom raises her voice I start laughing and like stay quiet, but man, when my paps raise his voice it's when the real shit bricks production takes place.

17 is a bit too young no? You moved with your girl or at first you moved alone?

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Since I was a kid, I admit, I was kind of a mummy's boy. Even now I think. I am the kind who tells my mother most of the things in my life. From the things I love to the things I hate. She's easily the person who I love the most. When I started going out alone when I was around 15 years old, I never went through the same problem like my sister did. I remember it like it was yesterday the panic they created when my sister arrived 1 hour later than what my parents told her. They never did the same with me. Maybe it's because I'm a boy and she's a girl, I don't know, but my sister used to get very pissed at that reasoning. :D
    My sisters would get pissed too at that reasoning. They're both older than me but I used to stay out late while they were home at 7 and 8 pm :D

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Oh I forgot to mention, I don't tell my parents ANYTHING. I'm very secretive by nature, but especially with parents.
    I have a very close friend of mine who's just like you. It gets on my nerves and he can't change it's by his fucked up nature.

His brother complains to me that he doesn't fucking know a secret or two about his youngest brother.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    My sisters would get pissed too at that reasoning. They're both older than me but I used to stay out late while they were home at 7 and 8 pm :D
    Tell me about it. Her phone would not stop ringing if she'd arrive late, while I used to go out without one. She's 5 years older than me.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    How old were you when you moved from home?

You know why I am asking, because in our society(Lebanon) it's a bit different, kids tend to move when they're married usually/mostly. You don't see it often ala European style or American kids moving out when they're in college or over 18-20.

Personally, I seem to enjoy living with my parents. I can't see myself living alone unless I wanna settle down for a family.
    When I totally moved out I was 27.

When I was 23, I was partly away and still partly dependent on them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    :D, Usually when my mom raises her voice I start laughing and like stay quiet, but man, when my paps raise his voice it's when the real shit bricks production takes place.

17 is a bit too young no? You moved with your girl or at first you moved alone?
    The official moving away was for uni and I was 18 already. But my high school was in the nearby town and in my last year at high school I convinced them that it's better to live next to the school instead of traveling every day. I lived with my cousin there, but it was still cool since we were without parents and it's a big thing when you're 17.

As for shit bricking when pops raises his voice - my father was an army officer, so you can imagine how it is :D Even more, he was an army officer who came from a very wealthy family, but instead of continuing his dad's steps, study economics in western Europe or USA and have some leading position in the society, he decided to be "some army man" and oppose his father.
    Now imagine when this man starts yelling at you :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I have a very close friend of mine who's just like you. It gets on my nerves and he can't change it's by his fucked up nature.

His brother complains to me that he doesn't fucking know a secret or two about his youngest brother.
    True, it is kinda fucked up. Everytime someone asks me personal questions I joke away or answer vaguely. And all my romantic relationships have gone to shit cause of this over the years.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Tell me about it. Her phone would not stop ringing if she'd arrive late, while I used to go out without one. She's 5 years older than me.
    One of my sisters would be like asking mom, why Rab can stay out as much as he wants while we can't? And my mum would be like, "Because he has balls, you don't" :lol:

Even now that one of them is married and is a mum, the other on the verge of getting married, she still warns them where not to go, what cabs to avoid etc etc :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)