• Marry

• Don't marry

• I'm undecided

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Are you with the idea and concept of marriage? Or against it?

The best part also is that we have married members here so we'll get to see how and what they think of it after their experience.

Would you make a family with someone you're not married to? Or you prefer marriage before making family and settling down?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2009
I've been with my girl 10 years now, we have a 3 year old child and we don't have a marriage! A ring and a sign doesn't mean shit at this point of our life, in fact it could only complicate matters...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Personally, I like the idea of marriage but under certain circumstances, I would have no problem starting a family without a ring on the finger.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    I've been with my girl 10 years now, we have a 3 year old child and we don't have a marriage! A ring and a sign doesn't mean shit at this point of our life, in fact it could only complicate matters...
    Why do you think so?

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Personally, I like the idea of marriage but under certain circumstances, I would have no problem starting a family without a ring on the finger.
    Interesting, like?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I'm against marriage but I voted undecided because the rights of single fathers in this country are a disgrace. I just don't buy the whole White wedding church crap, if I could have the same legal and tax powers that you get from marriage without marrying I would, otherwise Im getting married by a Berber in a submarine :stuckup:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Interesting, like?
    Well if the other side is strongly against marriage and has valid arguments, than I'd give in. It's not a deal breaker for me, so I'd let the woman decide. It's a modern society nowadays, marriage ain't what it used to be...I still like the idea though, especially because of the wedding party. :p

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I'm against marriage but I voted undecided because the rights of single fathers in this country are a disgrace. I just don't buy the whole White wedding church crap, if I could have the same legal and tax powers that you get from marriage without marrying I would, otherwise Im getting married by a Berber in a submarine :stuckup:
    I believe this is also the case in several other countries.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Well if the other side is strongly against marriage and has valid arguments, than I'd give in. It's not a deal breaker for me, so I'd let the woman decide. It's a modern society nowadays, marriage ain't what it used to be...I still like the idea though, especially because of the wedding party. :p
    This!
    I loved the wedding parties back when I was single. :D

Ring and wedding certificate or no ring and no wedding certificate makes no difference to me. We went through all the ceremonies so we wouldn't listen to our parents and families complaining about "living together and having kids without being married" all the time.

P.S: I never wore the ring after the wedding.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    I see. When you said conditions I thought you'll mention some financial conditions or a virtual agreement in-case a divorce takes place or something because this is what some are doing nowadays. I like the idea of wedding party too :D

Personally, I'm with marriage, because I feel it somehow obliges the two couples to work things when things aren't going well(though I know statistics will prove me wrong considering how many divorced couples are in this world nowadays). Also to me it's not only about a ring or paper, it's more of constructing a new family. It sounds different to me when you're officially married with someone then when you're not. (Maybe the married couples can give us a thing or two here)

I don't know why but I feel if there's no marriage the two parts have the motives to take things less serious and fuck around more.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Well, you know...I have to think about removing/hiding the ring from my finger at certain moments:klin:
    You read your future pretty well there :D

This!
    I loved the wedding parties back when I was single. :D
    It's the place where you can meet lots of single girls all dressed nicely and mostly looking good or hot :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I see. When you said conditions I thought you'll mention some financial conditions or a virtual agreement in-case a divorce takes place or something because this is what some are doing nowadays. I like the idea of wedding party too :D

Personally, I'm with marriage, because I feel it somehow obliges the two couples to work things when things aren't going well(though I know statistics will prove me wrong considering how many divorced couples are in this world nowadays). Also to me it's not only about a ring or paper, it's more of constructing a new family. It sounds different to me when you're officially married with someone then when you're not. (Maybe the married couples can give us a thing or two here)

I don't know why but I feel if there's no marriage the two parts have the motives to take things less serious and fuck around more.
    Well yeah but marriage in society ain't what it used to be. Besides, the thing that's more important than marriage and which will force two people to work shit out a whole hell of a lot of more, is children. Ring or no ring, if you got kids you're stuck together for the rest of your life. That's what makes a family, not a wedding certificate and that's what makes them stick together(not always of course).

My parents would have divorced a number of times had it not been for me and my brother. So if the "obligation" is the reason, make children, it will bind you more strongly. :p

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    :lol: I confirm.

Well yeah but marriage in society ain't what it used to be. Besides, the thing that's more important than marriage and which will force two people to work shit out a whole hell of a lot of more, is children. Ring or no ring, if you got kids you're stuck together for the rest of your life. That's what makes a family, not a wedding certificate and that's what makes them stick together(not always of course).

My parents would have divorced a number of times had it not been for me and my brother. So if the "obligation" is the reason, make children, it will bind you more strongly. :p
    I can't disagree, what you mentioned is the common case nowadays.

But, lets say no children are involved... Which couple would you think can last longer in a relationship, the married ones or non-married ones?

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Don't really matter to me, if I was to be married, it would be without the church hassle, only for the law.
    But like V said, if I would have to choose, I'd prefer to have children then to marry.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    I find it strange to have kids and then decide to marry.

I know someone who got married and wedding party while his son with engaged to someone. It's like too fucking late no? :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I can't disagree, what you mentioned is the common case nowadays.

But, lets say no children are involved... Which couple would you think can last longer in a relationship, the married ones or non-married ones?
    Dunno man, it really depends on the people, but the married ones would last longer I suppose. But not because they're married and obligated to each other, it's because the whole process of splitting up then is/can be really long and tedious. When two people stop loving each other, cheat on each other or whatever, marriage ain't gonna help them get through it, IMO. 70 years ago, yeah, but nowadays, I don't think so.

But still I'm all for marriage. Just don't feel so strongly about it. But either way is cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)