Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 1129
Page 1129 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 1296291029107911191127112811291130113111391179 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,580 of 23783

Cash
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is going to end in tears. There is no way these Chinese clubs can sustain these sort of transfer fees and wages. They don't operate under any FFP rules and are bankrolled by billionaire owners who care more about face than anything else. I predict a massive crash in the Chinese football league at some point (probably coinciding with an eventual China economic collapse). Their TV rights and revenue would be a fraction of the top European teams. Their transfer fees and wages are huge because they are only allowed a maximum of 4 foreigners per team. There are 16 teams so that is a total of 64 players they can purchase abroad and perhaps half of them have serious money to buy the big names.

It wasn't that long ago, when players like Drogba and Anelka were not even getting paid - that can easily happen again. The current China premier is a HUGE football fan and its his pet project. Once he leaves, I doubt the new administration will have anything like the same passion.

As I said in another post, if you are a well known player in your mid 20s, you really need to think long and very hard about making a move to china even if the net wages are 3x of what you can get in Europe. This is because after your 4 year contract is up, you probably won't get the same wages again (as the Chinese club seeks a younger and higher profile European player to take your place within their 4 foreigner quota). Then you go back to Europe with little credibility as you are playing in a poor league and earn less again.

Meanwhile the standard of football is still abysmal. I think the MLS or even the Australian A league has better overall quality as the Chinese local talent is still p*ss poor and makes up the vast majority of the squad.

Career suicide and marginal financial gain over the course of your career should you choose to move there in your mid 20s. If you are 3 years away from retiring - then it makes total sense of course.
    Juve 2016/17: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain. Bench: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Mandzukic. Champions League Contenders.

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    If you are in it for the money, I'm guessing all of them are, they get to retire early. Who doesn't want that
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icemaη View Post
    If you are in it for the money, I'm guessing all of them are, they get to retire early. Who doesn't want that
    Read the last 20 pages or so of the Mandzukic thread to find out
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Read the last 20 pages or so of the Mandzukic thread to find out
    I'm not getting sucked into that
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    So currently chinese have Gervinho, Obafemi Martins, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Witsel, Gael Kakuta, Pelle, Yilmaz, Lavezzi, Tevez, Ramires, Alex Texeira, Hulk, Oscar, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Guarin and Jackson Martinez from the better known names, I probably missed some as I just ran over the foreigners list. I'm not sure you can say it's a piss poor league anymore, Giovinco is destroying MLS and he's not half the player some of these guys are. Also, that's about the same amount of star names as in Serie A I wasn't aware there are so many of them, maybe it's about time they started to lift the 4 player quota, otherwise the army of mercenaries is running out of space
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    I am a part of the anal triangle

Cash
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post

Maybe this can be good for us. They're gonna go after more EPL players cuz they are the more familiar faces to the Chinese and international markets.
    And then EPL clubs will pay peanuts for Serie A stars.

Cash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgorTudor View Post
    I'm loving it. I hope all top player go to China and we win CL with Rincon and Khedira It was his master plan all along
    Now wouldn't that just be sweeeeeeeeeet.
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    So currently chinese have Gervinho, Obafemi Martins, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Witsel, Gael Kakuta, Pelle, Yilmaz, Lavezzi, Tevez, Ramires, Alex Texeira, Hulk, Oscar, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Guarin and Jackson Martinez from the better known names, I probably missed some as I just ran over the foreigners list. I'm not sure you can say it's a piss poor league anymore, Giovinco is destroying MLS and he's not half the player some of these guys are. Also, that's about the same amount of star names as in Serie A I wasn't aware there are so many of them, maybe it's about time they started to lift the 4 player quota, otherwise the army of mercenaries is running out of space
    As you include Martins and Guarin as "stars". Just Juve squad have more of them: Bufon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alves, A. Sandro, Cuadrado, Dybala, Higuain, Marchisio, Khedira, Mandzukic, Pjanic, Pjaca, RINCON
    Next year our goal is treble. What an amazing time to be a Juve Fan

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duranfj View Post
    As you include Martins and Guarin as "stars". Just Juve squad have more of them: Bufon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alves, A. Sandro, Cuadrado, Dybala, Higuain, Marchisio, Khedira, Mandzukic, Pjanic, Pjaca, RINCON
    I'm not saying all of them are stars and of course I'm exaggerating about Serie A having as many. I was just shocked how many actual footballers play in Chinese League.

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Top of the Chinese super league team would get relegated in serie A - 100%

3 superstars and 8 local Chinese players wouldn't stand a chance
    Juve 2016/17: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain. Bench: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Mandzukic. Champions League Contenders.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
    Top of the Chinese super league team would get relegated in serie A - 100%

3 superstars and 8 local Chinese players wouldn't stand a chance
    Obviously, 3 or 4 players can't raise the level of the remaining 7-8 high enough. But if this continues, with time local talent has to improve with so many quality coaches and players working besides them day after day.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    CSL teams can only have four foreign players per team, this is a factor when we consider the strength of their teams, but also another reason why they offer such deals for the (few) foreign players they have. Now they can add 4 high profile players, before it was some random Brazilians, Africans or Asians, the same as in Korea or Japan. Also don't underestimate just how bad the domestic players are.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the CSL end up with something like a 6 foreign player rule soon.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Obviously, 3 or 4 players can't raise the level of the remaining 7-8 high enough. But if this continues, with time local talent has to improve with so many quality coaches and players working besides them day after day.
    Of course they will improve a lot. But it takes a lot of time. At least another 10 years.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
    This is going to end in tears. There is no way these Chinese clubs can sustain these sort of transfer fees and wages. They don't operate under any FFP rules and are bankrolled by billionaire owners who care more about face than anything else. I predict a massive crash in the Chinese football league at some point (probably coinciding with an eventual China economic collapse). Their TV rights and revenue would be a fraction of the top European teams. Their transfer fees and wages are huge because they are only allowed a maximum of 4 foreigners per team. There are 16 teams so that is a total of 64 players they can purchase abroad and perhaps half of them have serious money to buy the big names.

It wasn't that long ago, when players like Drogba and Anelka were not even getting paid - that can easily happen again. The current China premier is a HUGE football fan and its his pet project. Once he leaves, I doubt the new administration will have anything like the same passion.

As I said in another post, if you are a well known player in your mid 20s, you really need to think long and very hard about making a move to china even if the net wages are 3x of what you can get in Europe. This is because after your 4 year contract is up, you probably won't get the same wages again (as the Chinese club seeks a younger and higher profile European player to take your place within their 4 foreigner quota). Then you go back to Europe with little credibility as you are playing in a poor league and earn less again.

Meanwhile the standard of football is still abysmal. I think the MLS or even the Australian A league has better overall quality as the Chinese local talent is still p*ss poor and makes up the vast majority of the squad.

Career suicide and marginal financial gain over the course of your career should you choose to move there in your mid 20s. If you are 3 years away from retiring - then it makes total sense of course.
    It already happened with Chinese basketball, although to a lesser scale. Still, Xi Jinping seems far more determined to have China be relevant in global sports. People around the world generally aren't that struck with table tennis, badminton and weightlifting.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Juventuz star

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Football has gone mad definitely, 45 millions for Kalinic.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1174 Post(s)
    hope they offer 300m for dybala and we sell
    i dab before each post

Cash
    Mentioned
    1258 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    hope they offer 300m for dybala and we sell
    Get a brain, Moran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    I'm not saying all of them are stars and of course I'm exaggerating about Serie A having as many. I was just shocked how many actual footballers play in Chinese League.
    It's all crappy players, ffs.

Advanced Curveball Champion Helicopter Champion Top Basketball Champion Island Mini-Golf Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    They're not even favs to win Asian CL. Australian and Japanese teams can $#@! them up anytime.