Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 1129
Page 1129 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 12962910291079111911271128112911301131113911791229 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,580 of 25786
  1. #22561
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    52,450
    Cash
    58,175
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  2. #22562
    Juventuz regular Catenaccio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,349
    Cash
    4,392
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is going to end in tears. There is no way these Chinese clubs can sustain these sort of transfer fees and wages. They don't operate under any FFP rules and are bankrolled by billionaire owners who care more about face than anything else. I predict a massive crash in the Chinese football league at some point (probably coinciding with an eventual China economic collapse). Their TV rights and revenue would be a fraction of the top European teams. Their transfer fees and wages are huge because they are only allowed a maximum of 4 foreigners per team. There are 16 teams so that is a total of 64 players they can purchase abroad and perhaps half of them have serious money to buy the big names.

    It wasn't that long ago, when players like Drogba and Anelka were not even getting paid - that can easily happen again. The current China premier is a HUGE football fan and its his pet project. Once he leaves, I doubt the new administration will have anything like the same passion.

    As I said in another post, if you are a well known player in your mid 20s, you really need to think long and very hard about making a move to china even if the net wages are 3x of what you can get in Europe. This is because after your 4 year contract is up, you probably won't get the same wages again (as the Chinese club seeks a younger and higher profile European player to take your place within their 4 foreigner quota). Then you go back to Europe with little credibility as you are playing in a poor league and earn less again.

    Meanwhile the standard of football is still abysmal. I think the MLS or even the Australian A league has better overall quality as the Chinese local talent is still p*ss poor and makes up the vast majority of the squad.

    Career suicide and marginal financial gain over the course of your career should you choose to move there in your mid 20s. If you are 3 years away from retiring - then it makes total sense of course.
    Juve 2016/17: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain. Bench: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Mandzukic. Champions League Contenders.

  3. #22563
    Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    τhε ιslαηδ
    Posts
    29,479
    Cash
    114,955
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    If you are in it for the money, I'm guessing all of them are, they get to retire early. Who doesn't want that
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

    un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

  4. #22564
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    52,450
    Cash
    58,175
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icemaη View Post
    If you are in it for the money, I'm guessing all of them are, they get to retire early. Who doesn't want that
    Read the last 20 pages or so of the Mandzukic thread to find out
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  5. #22565
    Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    τhε ιslαηδ
    Posts
    29,479
    Cash
    114,955
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Read the last 20 pages or so of the Mandzukic thread to find out
    I'm not getting sucked into that
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

    un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

  6. #22566
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    7,804
    Cash
    6,840
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So currently chinese have Gervinho, Obafemi Martins, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Witsel, Gael Kakuta, Pelle, Yilmaz, Lavezzi, Tevez, Ramires, Alex Texeira, Hulk, Oscar, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Guarin and Jackson Martinez from the better known names, I probably missed some as I just ran over the foreigners list. I'm not sure you can say it's a piss poor league anymore, Giovinco is destroying MLS and he's not half the player some of these guys are. Also, that's about the same amount of star names as in Serie A I wasn't aware there are so many of them, maybe it's about time they started to lift the 4 player quota, otherwise the army of mercenaries is running out of space
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  7. #22567
    Forza Vesuvio piotrr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    warsaw
    Posts
    25,282
    Cash
    575,092
    Mentioned
    2126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post

    Maybe this can be good for us. They're gonna go after more EPL players cuz they are the more familiar faces to the Chinese and international markets.
    And then EPL clubs will pay peanuts for Serie A stars.

  8. #22568
    ThirtyFour PhRoZeN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    jUKay
    Posts
    11,424
    Cash
    12,979
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgorTudor View Post
    I'm loving it. I hope all top player go to China and we win CL with Rincon and Khedira It was his master plan all along
    Now wouldn't that just be sweeeeeeeeeet.
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

  9. #22569
    Juventuz star duranfj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,091
    Cash
    10,262
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    So currently chinese have Gervinho, Obafemi Martins, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Witsel, Gael Kakuta, Pelle, Yilmaz, Lavezzi, Tevez, Ramires, Alex Texeira, Hulk, Oscar, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Guarin and Jackson Martinez from the better known names, I probably missed some as I just ran over the foreigners list. I'm not sure you can say it's a piss poor league anymore, Giovinco is destroying MLS and he's not half the player some of these guys are. Also, that's about the same amount of star names as in Serie A I wasn't aware there are so many of them, maybe it's about time they started to lift the 4 player quota, otherwise the army of mercenaries is running out of space
    As you include Martins and Guarin as "stars". Just Juve squad have more of them: Bufon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alves, A. Sandro, Cuadrado, Dybala, Higuain, Marchisio, Khedira, Mandzukic, Pjanic, Pjaca, RINCON
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

    "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

  10. #22570
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    7,804
    Cash
    6,840
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duranfj View Post
    As you include Martins and Guarin as "stars". Just Juve squad have more of them: Bufon, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alves, A. Sandro, Cuadrado, Dybala, Higuain, Marchisio, Khedira, Mandzukic, Pjanic, Pjaca, RINCON
    I'm not saying all of them are stars and of course I'm exaggerating about Serie A having as many. I was just shocked how many actual footballers play in Chinese League.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  11. #22571
    Juventuz regular Catenaccio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,349
    Cash
    4,392
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Top of the Chinese super league team would get relegated in serie A - 100%

    3 superstars and 8 local Chinese players wouldn't stand a chance
    Juve 2016/17: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain. Bench: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Mandzukic. Champions League Contenders.

  12. #22572
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    7,804
    Cash
    6,840
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
    Top of the Chinese super league team would get relegated in serie A - 100%

    3 superstars and 8 local Chinese players wouldn't stand a chance
    Obviously, 3 or 4 players can't raise the level of the remaining 7-8 high enough. But if this continues, with time local talent has to improve with so many quality coaches and players working besides them day after day.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  13. #22573
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    54,760
    Cash
    50,377
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    So currently chinese have Gervinho, Obafemi Martins, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Witsel, Gael Kakuta, Pelle, Yilmaz, Lavezzi, Tevez, Ramires, Alex Texeira, Hulk, Oscar, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Guarin and Jackson Martinez from the better known names, I probably missed some as I just ran over the foreigners list. I'm not sure you can say it's a piss poor league anymore, Giovinco is destroying MLS and he's not half the player some of these guys are. Also, that's about the same amount of star names as in Serie A I wasn't aware there are so many of them, maybe it's about time they started to lift the 4 player quota, otherwise the army of mercenaries is running out of space
    CSL teams can only have four foreign players per team, this is a factor when we consider the strength of their teams, but also another reason why they offer such deals for the (few) foreign players they have. Now they can add 4 high profile players, before it was some random Brazilians, Africans or Asians, the same as in Korea or Japan. Also don't underestimate just how bad the domestic players are.

    It wouldn't surprise me to see the CSL end up with something like a 6 foreign player rule soon.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  14. #22574
    Juventuz regular Catenaccio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,349
    Cash
    4,392
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Obviously, 3 or 4 players can't raise the level of the remaining 7-8 high enough. But if this continues, with time local talent has to improve with so many quality coaches and players working besides them day after day.
    Of course they will improve a lot. But it takes a lot of time. At least another 10 years.
    Juve 2016/17: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain. Bench: Neto, Evra, Benatia, Asamoah, Lemina, Pjaca, Mandzukic. Champions League Contenders.

  15. #22575
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    54,760
    Cash
    50,377
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
    This is going to end in tears. There is no way these Chinese clubs can sustain these sort of transfer fees and wages. They don't operate under any FFP rules and are bankrolled by billionaire owners who care more about face than anything else. I predict a massive crash in the Chinese football league at some point (probably coinciding with an eventual China economic collapse). Their TV rights and revenue would be a fraction of the top European teams. Their transfer fees and wages are huge because they are only allowed a maximum of 4 foreigners per team. There are 16 teams so that is a total of 64 players they can purchase abroad and perhaps half of them have serious money to buy the big names.

    It wasn't that long ago, when players like Drogba and Anelka were not even getting paid - that can easily happen again. The current China premier is a HUGE football fan and its his pet project. Once he leaves, I doubt the new administration will have anything like the same passion.

    As I said in another post, if you are a well known player in your mid 20s, you really need to think long and very hard about making a move to china even if the net wages are 3x of what you can get in Europe. This is because after your 4 year contract is up, you probably won't get the same wages again (as the Chinese club seeks a younger and higher profile European player to take your place within their 4 foreigner quota). Then you go back to Europe with little credibility as you are playing in a poor league and earn less again.

    Meanwhile the standard of football is still abysmal. I think the MLS or even the Australian A league has better overall quality as the Chinese local talent is still p*ss poor and makes up the vast majority of the squad.

    Career suicide and marginal financial gain over the course of your career should you choose to move there in your mid 20s. If you are 3 years away from retiring - then it makes total sense of course.
    It already happened with Chinese basketball, although to a lesser scale. Still, Xi Jinping seems far more determined to have China be relevant in global sports. People around the world generally aren't that struck with table tennis, badminton and weightlifting.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  16. #22576
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,478
    Cash
    12,026
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Football has gone mad definitely, 45 millions for Kalinic.

  17. #22577
    King of Tuz Lion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    22,954
    Cash
    123,593
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    hope they offer 300m for dybala and we sell
    i dab before each post

  18. #22578
    Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    56,985
    Cash
    219,877
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    hope they offer 300m for dybala and we sell
    Get a brain, Moran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

  19. #22579
    Juventuz legend Hængebøffer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    21,714
    Cash
    35,610
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I'm not saying all of them are stars and of course I'm exaggerating about Serie A having as many. I was just shocked how many actual footballers play in Chinese League.
    It's all crappy players, ffs.

  20. #22580
    Legendaš Gagi's Avatar
    Advanced Curveball Champion Helicopter Champion Top Basketball Champion Island Mini-Golf Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    6,541
    Cash
    8,383
    Mentioned
    1407 Post(s)
    They're not even favs to win Asian CL. Australian and Japanese teams can $#@! them up anytime.

Similar Threads

  1. Juventus Transfer Rumors 2007/2008
    By bianconeri1221 in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20.06.2007, 05:50
  2. More transfer news and rumours
    By Turk_Bianconero in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 19.03.2007, 15:45
  3. The Official Non-Juve Transfer Thread
    By Stu in forum Club football
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12.07.2006, 19:12
  4. Some Transfer News
    By Footballitalia in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14.04.2006, 22:47
  5. best transfer news sites?
    By Anda in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27.07.2004, 23:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •