Italy-Stadium projects and developments (23 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
This thread is dedicated to projects of renovations, restructurations and constructions of new stadiums in Italy. I will present here the projects that are currently on the way of being achieved and those who have been proposed to city councils. I have removed the plans that are frozen and those that seem unrealistic.

ACF Fiorentina

ACF Fiorentina is currently planning to build a stadium of about 40 000 seats. The location of the stadium has been agreed and works are supposed to start before the end of 2012. It will cost between 180 and 200 million euros.

AS Bari

Plans for the restructuration of the Stadio San Nicola. They plan to remove the athletic track, reduce the capacity from 58 000 to 40 000 seats. It will cost about 70 millions. The club wants to get it done and start works soon as they are currently midtable in Serie B and think that this project will be essential to make it back to Serie A.

http://bari.repubblica.it/cronaca/2011/12/14/foto/nuovo_stadio-26606158/1/

AS Roma

The plan has already been proposed to the city council and the club has found It will have 50-55 000 seats. The club had already found the location to build the stadium. The new owner of the club expects the stadium to be completed within 5 years(2016).

Atalanta Bergamo

Project for the new stadium:

http://www.bergamonerazzurra.com/?action=read&idnotizia=3872

It will cost about 250 million euros and will have 26-28 000 seats. They hope to start construction soon and have it ready for the 2013-2014 season. They will also build a shopping mall and restaurants next to the stadium, much like ours.

Cagliari Calcio

Plan for the construction of a new stadium, the stadio San Caterina.

It will have 23 600 seats and will be ready for the 2013-2014 season. Works will start soon and it will cost only about 40 million euros. The club has already started building the stadium in mainland Italy and they will bring it to Cagliari by boat. This is why it will only take about 6 months to build the stadium once Cellino, the president will have the authorization of the city to begin work on the agreed site.

Calcio Catania

Plans for a new 30 000-35 000 seats stadium have been unveiled by the club. It will cost between 80 and 100 million euros. It looks pretty nice. They plan to start the works in 2013 and it will take year and a half to build, so it will be probably ready for the 2014-2015 season.

Hellas Verona

Plans for the construction of a new stadium of 30 000 seats, which will cost 200 million euros. It will be modeled on Shalke's stadium, with a retractable roof and other costly features, and a shopping mall. The club and the mayor of the city have found an agreement in November 2011. They plan to complete it within 2 years for the 2013-2014 season.

Novara Calcio

Plans for the compete restructuration of the Stadio Silvio Piola di Novara. It will have 21 000 seats and will cost 10,5 million euros. The expansion works should be finished for the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Udinese Calcio

Plan for the complete restructuration of the Stadio Friuli

It will have 25 000 for football games and 30 000 for concerts. It would cost about 25 million euros. They want it to be ready for the 2013-2014 season. Works have been started already.

US Città di Palermo

Plans for the construction of a new stadium, negotiations are still going on between the club and the city.

It will cost 200 million euros and will have 35 000 seats. It will allegedly take 18 months to build and the club expects to have it ready for the 2013-2014 season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good to see Bologna plan to keep the tower thing to remind everyone of the stadium's fascist roots.

May 25, 2011
I like the Stadio Olimpico as i think it has a colesseum feel to it which is part of Rome's history. I know that in order to move Serie A forward as a league a lot of teams need ground developments but i can't help but feel a lot of teams will lose the propper stadium feel/tradition. What do you guys think?

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #6
    I like the Stadio Olimpico as i think it has a colesseum feel to it which is part of Rome's history. I know that in order to move Serie A forward as a league a lot of teams need ground developments but i can't help but feel a lot of teams will lose the propper stadium feel/tradition. What do you guys think?
    It has tradition but the running track ruins everything. Furthermore, clubs need now to have their own stadium. Two clubs per stadium is obsolete.

May 25, 2011
    It has tradition but the running track ruins everything. Furthermore, clubs need now to have their own stadium. Two clubs per stadium is obsolete.
    I liked 2 clubs sharing as i thought that it added to the derby day atmosphere. The interesting one for me is Verona, what was once a top flight club now in the lower leagues, have they got a new owner?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I remember that there was a Serie C squad that had an absolutely drop dead gorgeous stadium, but I can't remember which team it was.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #11
    I liked 2 clubs sharing as i thought that it added to the derby day atmosphere. The interesting one for me is Verona, what was once a top flight club now in the lower leagues, have they got a new owner?
    I don't know but they are in promotion playoffs at the moment and seem eager to rise again. They seem optimistic about their project.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    It was Triestina, and the Stadio Nereo Rocco. Didn't know they were in Serie B now.

Goes to show how much attention I pay to it

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Yeah, the Olimpico is cool.

Can't stand in the way of progress, unfortunately.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    The things is, a lot of these plans still involve the city owning the ground and renting it to the club. That is the big difference between our stadium and the rest. We actually own our ground, and this brings numerous benefits.

It's a good start though, as new modern stadiums will hopefully increase attendance and match day experience, and if this is maintained over many years, they could buy it off the city in the future.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #18
    The things is, a lot of these plans still involve the city owning the ground and renting it to the club. That is the big difference between our stadium and the rest. We actually own our ground, and this brings numerous benefits.

It's a good start though, as new modern stadiums will hopefully increase attendance and match day experience, and if this is maintained over many years, they could buy it off the city in the future.
    That's the point. Anyways for what it's worth, watching our teams play in modern stadiums will be much more attractive and better for the branding of the league than in the landfills they are actually playing in.

Dec 27, 2003
    A proper cahier de rêves. Pado's shit out of the proverbial coffee can that not one of these stadiums will see the light within the next decade. Well maybe, but just maybe, Inter and Cagliari. And Udine, which is renovation work.

Dec 27, 2003
    Good to see Bologna plan to keep the tower thing to remind everyone of the stadium's fascist roots.
    Apart from the fact that Bologna is the communist capital of Italy, if there's one thing to be saved from that stadium, it's the tower and adjacent portici. They combine well with the city, known for its medieval towers and portici, as it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)