Serie A Center Back of the year (1 Viewer)

Serie A Center Back of the year was?

• Alessandro Nesta

• André Dias

• Cristián Zapata

• Giorgio Chiellini

• Paolo Cannavaro

• Thiago Silva

Results are only viewable after voting.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
There's really no contest here, Silva is probably the best center back in the world right now.
:lol: this is serie A, you know:lol: probably the 3rd/4th best league. Not the best the defender in world:lol: but possibly this season in serie A this season IMO. I rate Zapata/Lucio the most when on form the most in serie A though:tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Because Dias, Paolo fucking Cannavaro and Zapata are on it. Inter defenders have been too injured to be on it much.

But yeah its easy to see who the best one is. Thiago Silva, together with Kompany, Pique and Vidic are prolly most impressive defenders around currently.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:lol: this is serie A, you know:lol: probably the 3rd/4th best league. Not the best the defender in world:lol: but possibly this season in serie A this season IMO. I rate Zapata/Lucio the most when on form the most in serie A though:tup:
But Zapata and Lucio were nothing near what Thiago Silva was this season and the league being inferior to other leagues DOES NOT mean that it can't have the best player in a certain department. Please provide me with better defenders from other superior leagues.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Thiago Silva would walk into the defense of any team in any league.

And the fact he rates Lucio so highly should show what kind of judgement he has.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But Zapata and Lucio were nothing near what Thiago Silva was this season and the league being inferior to other leagues DOES NOT mean that it can't have the best player in a certain department. Please provide me with better defenders from other superior leagues.
EPL is a better league than La Liga. Does it have better players than Ronaldo and Messi?
There was no need to explain anything to him. His argument was flawed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nesta had a good year this season. But otherwise, he's been a mere shell of his former self the past couple of injury-plagued seasons.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nesta, of course, isn't the player he was, but that doesn't mean he isn't a very good player.

Nesta is the best CB I've seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)