Antonio Conte - Juventus Legends - Juventuz Forums - Page 2272

View Poll Results: How would you rate Conte's appointment?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll

18 9.84%

26 14.21%

78 42.62%

39 21.31%

22 12.02%
Page 2272 of 2273 FirstFirst ... 127217722172222222622270227122722273 LastLast
Results 45,421 to 45,440 of 45444

Thread: Antonio Conte

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    Remember where we came from, 7th twice or 10th once....which is worse?
    Juve's But that's mediocre coaches for you.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

South American Champion Scottish's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    @Zacheryah you said in Chiellini's thread that you didn't see Conte as a tactical micromanager. I wanted to ask you to elaborate on that because that was exactly how I saw him. It seemed that our players were so well drilled as to be robots running a script at times. The only guy I remember having much creative license was Pirlo (and even then he was playing the same kinds of passes) and Vucinic to a lesser extent.
    Currently rolling with: Fr3sh, DAiDEVIL, Simone Padoin

Fino Alla Fine fuckers.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    @Zacheryah you said in Chiellini's thread that you didn't see Conte as a tactical micromanager. I wanted to ask you to elaborate on that because that was exactly how I saw him. It seemed that our players were so well drilled as to be robots running a script at times. The only guy I remember having much creative license was Pirlo (and even then he was playing the same kinds of passes) and Vucinic to a lesser extent.
    Ye its a bit relatively speaking. Compared to Allegri.

Conte had a very strict tactical plan. Runlines, passinglines and zonal pressing was very clearly put for post positions.
    When we look at the defence, he had his tactical approach in place, and positions could be changed according to opponent.

Whats different under allegri is the level of detail. We dont just have a formation with zonal pressing and basic positionning. He adds detail in what each individual player according to his position must do at what time and when what player has the ball in what area

Yesterday we could see how at all times we keep a certain structure in the center, what players to leave position and move into additional cover(this is now), how and when players can attempt interceptions or hold off the attackers (new). Especially chiellini who had a load of instructions on when he could move step out to press the player, when to step out and make interceptions, when to move into cover to block,...

High praise on how incredibly concentrated we executed all of that. An example is when for example Iniesta skipped past dybala, and Alves leaves neymar alone t move into additional cover so bonucci could move forward. But mostly that Chiellini kept diciplinned all evening and only attempted interceptions at precise moments.

Normally barcelona gets 4-5 freekicks close to the box, and 1-2 penalties. But we gave away exactly 1 freekick and 0 penalty situations. And that was largely down to how Allegri's instructions and the players executing it

The level of detail in our defensive plan yesterday was absolutely insane
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    tbh there should've been at least 1-2 more freekicks for Barca if the ref had done his job better
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    I am a part of the anal triangle

Cash
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Allegri gives the players much more freedom in the offensive part for sure.

The robots part is spot on, read what Hazard for example says about Conte's methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    tbh there should've been at least 1-2 more freekicks for Barca if the ref had done his job better
    Yup, though I think the one FK he gave wasn't one

And you can give the hands penalty on Sandro at the end, not that it would've mattered much at that point.
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Cash
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post

The robots part is spot on, read what Hazard for example says about Conte's methods.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can give the hands penalty on Sandro at the end, not that it would've mattered much at that point.
    could you give a link?
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    could you give a link?
    Hmmm, can't find it right now tbh, only quotes about him being very tactical in general and drilling movements.

I can swear I remember seeing something more detailed about meticulous movement training sessions without any ball. Might not have been Hazard though.
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1302 Post(s)
    It was Hazard, said they know exactly what to do under Conte.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/3...-jose-mourinho

Cash
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    I found that one, but think I've read something else going into more detail on the training methods.

Not that important though really
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1302 Post(s)
    Who's @Snobist?

- - - Updated - - -

Snow Beast?

Cash
    Mentioned
    1970 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    It was Hazard, said they know exactly what to do under Conte.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/3...-jose-mourinho

In terms of running lines, pressing and passing sure, robots. But conte doesnt remotely micromanages his defence like allegri does.
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1985 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    In terms of running lines, pressing and passing sure, robots. But conte doesnt remotely micromanages his defence like allegri does.
    Yeah you could be right there, don't really know about this.

Conte definitely "micromanages" the offensive part of the game much more though
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1970 Post(s)
    Yeah you could be right there, don't really know about this.

Conte definitely "micromanages" the offensive part of the game much more though
    Yes, i made a mistake in my phrasing there, you are right.

For Hazard this is actually great. At Belgium we often see him make movements in the completely wrong area. Comming into the ball or not moving into spaces when he should.
    However, give him a playmaker and very string running lines that allow him to get into 1v1 situations high up the pitch, and he'll be lethal as $#@!.

He just needs to be able to get at the right place and then do his dribbeling and shooting or passing. Cant wish for a better coach then Conte, or Guardiola tbh. Both have very strict idea's on what their wide forwards do, but in a very different way.

About Guardiola, i'm referring to Henry's comments on when they should move where and stay where

Cash
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Juventus fans mock former boss Antonio Conte with brilliant banner

Juventus fans have mocked their former boss Conte with a brilliant banner that has been exposed in front of Juventus’ training centre after the Serie A giants’ qualification to the Champions League semi-finals.

Juventus eliminated Barcelona from the quarter-finals with a 3-0 win on aggregate. The Old Lady held Barcelona to a home 0-0 draw yesterday night managing to qualify for the next stage of Europe’s elite competition for the second time in the last three years.

“Ieri CONTEnti in Italia, oggi Allegri in Europa, andiamo a comandare”, the banner reads. The fans’ play on words refers to results obtained by former boss Antonio Conte compared to those of current Juventus tactician Max Allegri.

he word-to-word translation of the banner is: “Yesterday we were happy (contenti) in Italy, now we are cheerful (Allegri) in Europe, let’s go to command.” The Italian word ‘contenti’ contains, of course, the word ‘Conte’. The Italian tactician had a great relationship with Juventus fans during his three-year spell in Turin although some bianconeri supporters felt betrayed when the manager decided to hand his resignation two days after the beginning of the 2014/15 summer training camp.

Conte’s Juventus took part to two Champions League campaigns: the first one ended in the quarter-finals against Bayern Munich, the second one ended in the group stages with Juventus that were also eliminated from the Europa League semi-finals in the 2013/14 campaign.

The message of Juve fans is pretty simple: Conte was a very good manager but he could only deliver good results in Italy (he won three Serie A titles during his time in Turin), whilst this Juventus side is challenging the best European clubs to win the Champions League, a trophy that Juventus are not winning since 1996 with four Champions League finals lost since.

Cash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Conte had only 2 seasons in Europe with the team. He failed in his last campaign but people hold that against him too much imo

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Some are just trying to spice things up like drama queens.

Conte built a powerful, fearless team that dominated Italy for the first time since Calciopoli breaking all kinds of records. Allegri took us to the next level with European success and continued to break records. Both should be loved and cherished. End of Story.

Cash
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O. View Post
    Some are just trying to spice things up like drama queens.

Conte built a powerful, fearless team that dominated Italy for the first time since Calciopoli breaking all kinds of records. Allegri took us to the next level with European success and continued to break records. Both should be loved and cherished. End of Story.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cash
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    Conte had only 2 seasons in Europe with the team. He failed in his last campaign but people hold that against him too much imo
    Allegri too "only" had two seasons and made it to one final.
    But it's not the point anyway.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Drughi are attention seekers. I can understand how they saw what Conte did as an affront because many of us did, the timing was $#@!, but it's well past time to say thanks and goodbye to this guy.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    Allegri too "only" had two seasons and made it to one final.
    But it's not the point anyway.
    The only way for Juve in Europe was up when Allegri came. It was difficult for Conte with no prior European experience as a manager and the team not being complete.

One failure in Europe doesn't make you a bad coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Drughi are attention seekers. I can understand how they saw what Conte did as an affront because many of us did, the timing was $#@!, but it's well past time to say thanks and goodbye to this guy.
    How anyone can be ungrateful to Conte after what he did for this club and laid the foundations for future success is something I will never understand.