Antonio Conte - Juventus Legends - Juventuz Forums - Page 2347

View Poll Results: How would you rate Conte's appointment?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    18 9.84%
  • 2

    26 14.21%
  • 3

    78 42.62%
  • 4

    39 21.31%
  • 5

    22 12.02%
Page 2347 of 2347 FirstFirst ... 13471847224722972337234523462347
Results 46,921 to 46,937 of 46937

Thread: Antonio Conte

  1. #46921
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,063
    Cash
    7,379
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    It was easier for us to make leaps in quality when you see the utter $#@! he inherited from Secco to start with He done an amazing job shedding the club of the bidoni and lowering the average age of the squad, and signing some great free agents (Pirlo) and upcoming future superstars (Vidal).

    It’s a real cliche, but it’s hard to improve this Juventus squad. Maybe only in the RB and CM areas, but everywhere else we are rock solid and loaded with quality.
    well the things he did at his first few years were not easy either, yet he did them, I didn't think it'd be possible for him to outperform Moggi, but in a way he did. I'm just saying the last few windows have always felt unfinished and not quite as miraculous. still very good though, I wouldn't trade Beppe for anyone else
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'č
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  2. #46922
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,803
    Cash
    9,011
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    His abrasive personality really starts to wear down on his teams after a season or two. I think he stayed at Juve for 3 years cause we supported him through his match fixing trial, otherwise he'd leave after just a couple of seasons.

  3. #46923
    Consigliere GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,116
    Cash
    2,968
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    His abrasive personality really starts to wear down on his teams after a season or two. I think he stayed at Juve for 3 years cause we supported him through his match fixing trial, otherwise he'd leave after just a couple of seasons.
    This. He is like a fuel tank. He brings passion and motivation in the start. After that is gone he has problems to adjust and establish a philosophy that goes beyond "grinta".
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  4. #46924
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,127
    Cash
    5,668
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Man I appreciate what Conte did. But what I cant forget is we missed a whole season of MVPP because of his insisting on a 3 man mid smh.


  5. #46925
    Juventuz bench Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    670
    Cash
    1,884
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MVP˛ would have been even more amazing if Pirlo was still in his prime, unfortunately by 2015 he was slow and a liability.

  6. #46926
    Consigliere GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,116
    Cash
    2,968
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    Man I appreciate what Conte did. But what I cant forget is we missed a whole season of MVPP because of his insisting on a 3 man mid smh.

    ffs, the music in these videos. atrocious.

    Anyways, that midfield was really nice. classy.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  7. #46927
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,063
    Cash
    7,379
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    This. He is like a fuel tank. He brings passion and motivation in the start. After that is gone he has problems to adjust and establish a philosophy that goes beyond "grinta".
    But how many coaches can you name that have been going excellent for more than a few years in a row? Ancelotti had his ups and downs at Milan, same as Guardiola at Barca and Fergie at ManUtd. Of course it remains to be seen how Conte would do in his 4th or 5th year in a club and if he'd be able to turn some things around and get the team back on track, but winning treble after treble is possible only in the Fr3sh fantasy scenarios where Guti >>> Zidane.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'č
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  8. #46928
    Juventuz star jukazem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    3,421
    Cash
    106,099
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    His abrasive personality really starts to wear down on his teams after a season or two. I think he stayed at Juve for 3 years cause we supported him through his match fixing trial, otherwise he'd leave after just a couple of seasons.
    Lol what! It was Juve who got him to take the plea bargain and evidently that stain will remain with him.
    semper fidelis

  9. #46929
    Consigliere GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,116
    Cash
    2,968
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    But how many coaches can you name that have been going excellent for more than a few years in a row? Ancelotti had his ups and downs at Milan, same as Guardiola at Barca and Fergie at ManUtd. Of course it remains to be seen how Conte would do in his 4th or 5th year in a club and if he'd be able to turn some things around and get the team back on track, but winning treble after treble is possible only in the Fr3sh fantasy scenarios where Guti >>> Zidane.
    Not many, every coach has ups and downs. Conte too. My point here was that there is a pattern to his coaching. Im not saying he is a failure, i just listed some of his weaker atributes as a coach. If you watch Chelsea games its very obvious at times.

    Anyways, he won the PL in his first season, did a good job with us. So respect to him. Just dont think he is at the very top. I rate Allegri much more.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  10. #46930
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,063
    Cash
    7,379
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    Not many, every coach has ups and downs. Conte too. My point here was that there is a pattern to his coaching. Im not saying he is a failure, i just listed some of his weaker atributes as a coach. If you watch Chelsea games its very obvious at times.

    Anyways, he won the PL in his first season, did a good job with us. So respect to him. Just dont think he is at the very top. I rate Allegri much more.
    Dunno, I'd be interested to see what he can do with a real top team like this Juve, then we'd be able to tell if he is or isn't at the very top. We're several transfer windows later since he signed for them and his Chelsea side still looks below par compared to European elite, just like the Juve sides he managed were a work in progress. Sure, some of it is his fault, but he hasn't been in charge of an elite team.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'č
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  11. #46931
    Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Im not sure
    Posts
    1,848
    Cash
    3,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Matic and Costa leaving really hurt this team. Do you think he wanted Matic gone too?
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”

  12. #46932
    COME HOME MOGGI Gian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    14,821
    Cash
    4,369
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I think he's one of the best coaches in Juve history. The difference he made in his first season has to be one the best examples of impact a coach can make. Players like Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo and Marchisio really florished under him.

    I think he could've done better tactically if we signed him better players. Lets not remember we signed the likes of Bendtner, Anelka and that LB from Atalanta who was the epotime of the modern defender. We kinda forced him to play his 352

  13. #46933
    Juventuz champion Vialli_92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,095
    Cash
    10,671
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I think he's one of the best coaches in Juve history. The difference he made in his first season has to be one the best examples of impact a coach can make. Players like Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo and Marchisio really florished under him.

    I think he could've done better tactically if we signed him better players. Lets not remember we signed the likes of Bendtner, Anelka and that LB from Atalanta who was the epotime of the modern defender. We kinda forced him to play his 352
    Conte's biggest flaw at Juve was he could not make sub's at the right times

    The Bayern game just sticks out in my mind so much, the game was shifting away from us and Bayern were starting to dominate and at 0-0 we are still holding on

    As soon as they score then he makes a sub but it is too late the game has already swung their way with the momentum from the goal

    Maybe it was inexperience at the highest level from him at the time

    Oh and also sticking with 5 defenders against teams that park the bus and allow us easy possession

    Should switch to a back 4 immediately and get Chiellini as far away as possible from touching a football

    I still have nightmares when Chiellini was our playmaker in those games

    Despite those flaws he is still one of our greatest coaches and I wouldn't have a bad word to say about him as our manager

  14. #46934
    La Joya IliveForJuve's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Where nothing gets done
    Posts
    12,344
    Cash
    8,754
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    sorry but
    He almost did it twice
    Lo stile Juve

    "Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

  15. #46935
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    37,920
    Cash
    34,412
    Mentioned
    1325 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    He almost did it twice
    He's going to do it.

  16. #46936
    La Joya IliveForJuve's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Where nothing gets done
    Posts
    12,344
    Cash
    8,754
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    He's going to do it.
    I'm sure he will, hunny.
    Lo stile Juve

    "Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

  17. #46937
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    37,920
    Cash
    34,412
    Mentioned
    1325 Post(s)
    The Eagles winning the Superbowl and Juve winning CL all in one year. What a great year this is shaping out to be.

Similar Threads

  1. Antonio Conte
    By ReBeL in forum Juventus Legends
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 16.03.2017, 15:00
  2. Antonio Conte
    By Lippi in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 27.08.2013, 04:01
  3. antonio conte to return?
    By Kyle in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28.05.2007, 22:42
  4. Serie B: Arezzo sack Antonio Conte
    By AbuGadanzieri in forum Club football
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14.03.2007, 20:32
  5. Coach..... Antonio Conte !!!!!
    By DelpieroForLife in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20.06.2005, 11:56

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •