AUSTRALIA-SERBIA FRIENDLY (1 Viewer)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Game was supposed to be in Adelaide :cry: but Melbourne got it instead.

Etihad is surprisingly a great place to watch football/soccer even though it's a round stadium. Not going but they did some initial marketing with Milos but I get the feeling he won't play

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Haha yes I read about Adelaide :)

It's during exam period so Milos would constitute 98% of why I would want to go, if he's not there I'd be highly disappointed... Just don't know if I should get the tickets now or wait

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    Trust me I wasn't laughing. i have no interest in seeing Australia play what soever, I just wanted to see Milos. And seeing as i'm going to go to Melbourne a few times in the next couple months i'm not going to come again just to see he soccer-who's

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Would be nice to see Milos in action.

In an unrelated note, Milan might be coming over to Sydney in July to play SFC in a pre season friendly. Good chance to heckle the fucking bastards.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    Yea they're a pompous bunch jerks really. If he plays i'll have to look out for the banner.

I'll probably end up deciding last minute to go and have to pay some ridiculous amount for tickets from ebay

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
    Jul 12, 2006
    GOALKEEPERS: D. Kahriman (Tavriya), Z. Brkic (Vojvodina), B. Šaranov (OFK Beograd).

DEFENDERS: P. Ninkov (Red Star Belgrade), N. Tomović (Lecce), N. Subotić (Borussia Dortmund), M. Biševac (Valenciennes), M. Vilotić (Red Star Belgrade), S. Rajković (Vitesse), A Kolarov (Manchester City), I. Obradović (Zaragoza).

MIDFIELDERS: D. Stanković (Inter Milan), Z. Kuzmanović (Stuttgart), R. Petrović (Partizan), M. Mirić (Spartak), V. Trivunović (OFK Beograd), Z. Tosić (CSKA Moscow), A. Ljajić (Fiorentina), M. Sulejmani ( Ajax), D. Petronijević (Crvena Zvezda), B. Jovanović (paper).

FORWARDS: R. Despotović (Đirona), M. Mrdaković (Apolon), J. Damjanović (Borac Čačak).

OMISSIONS: N. Vidić (Manchester United), B. Ivanović (Chelsea), R. Mladić (uncontracted), N. Zigić (Birmingham City), M. Jovanović (Liverpool), M. Krasić (Juventus) :cry:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Australian police slam Serb football fans
    (AFP) – 15 hours ago
    MELBOURNE — Police on Wednesday lashed out at Serbian football fans who lit flares, smashed bottles and unfurled banners backing accused war criminal Ratko Mladic during their 0-0 draw with Australia.
    Inspector Mick Beattie said four people were arrested at the game in Melbourne on Tuesday evening, while seven others were evicted from the stadium for bad behaviour and drunkenness.
    "These idiots just thought they could activate flares in this crowd... that it was part of their viewing culture," Beattie told reporters, adding that he was disappointed they got past security.
    "These are very, very hot marine flares, and it's just a miracle that no one was burnt or injured last night."
    Beattie said a laser beam was also spotted in use, while seating was damaged.
    Those arrested were each fined Aus$380 (US$405) for lighting flares and Football Federation Australia banned them from all future international and domestic football games in the country.
    Victoria Police said more serious penalties were needed.
    "We believe there is a pressing need to significantly upgrade the penalties," Beattie said.
    Outrage was also sparked by a banner being unfurled calling for the release of Mladic, who was arrested last month and indicted for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes in the 1992-95 Bosnian war.
    Another read "Death to Tadic, Freedom to Mladic", the Melbourne Herald-Sun reported. Boris Tadic is the Serbian president, whose government arrested Mladic and sent him to The Hague.
    Bosnia's ambassador to Australia, Damir Arnaut, told the newspaper he was appalled by the signs.

"This is a despicable act that speaks volumes about the mentality of those who participated in it," he said.
    "By unfurling this banner, let alone taking the time to create such an elaborate design, they unequivocally expressed support for the slaughter of over 8,000 civilians."
    Melbourne is home to a large ethnic-Serb community.
    Violent clashes rocked the city's Australian Open tennis tournament in 2009, with Serb and Bosnian fans hurling chairs and other objects at one another following Serbian Novak Djokovic's win over Bosnian-born American Amer Delic.

The Serb and Croatian communities in Melbourne are just out of control every time a sporting event involving either country takes place especially the Australian Tennis Open. This is the same Serbian community that marched in the city center mourning Slabodan Milosevic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)