Makers of "we banned the burqa for your own good" bring us "our NT has a race-quota"! (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Gotta love the French. They lead the fight for individual freedoms and equality!

9 April 2011 Last updated at 10:03 ET

French football body to investigate 'race quota' claim

France's football federation (FFF) is to hold an internal inquiry into claims its officials backed a secret racial quota for trainees.

Top FFF members are said to have secretly approved limiting the number of black and Arab trainees to 30% from the age of 12-13.
France's Sports Minister, Chantal Jouanno, asked the body to respond to allegations made by journalists.

FFF head Fernand Duchaussoy denied any such quota had been agreed.
Ms Jouanno promised to uphold guarantees of equal opportunities in sport.
"Discrimination has no place in sport, whether it's in the stands or in the training academies," she added.

Race became a sensitive issue in French football again after the dire performance of the national team at last year's World Cup in South Africa.
Controversial accusations circled in some quarters that the team, which had six black players, had mutinied in South Africa because of race.

The South Africa experience was in sharp contrast to 1998, when France fell head over heels in love with its multi-ethnic World Cup-winning team of "Blacks, Blancs, Beurs" - blacks, whites and Arabs.

'Segregation'

The French investigative website Mediapart broke the story about a supposed secret quota on Thursday.

Quoting "scandalised" sources within the FFF, it said the alleged directive from its National Technical Direction (DTN) had already been sent out to training academies.

Mediapart alleged that senior FFF members including national coach Laurent Blanc had approved the quota.

"The objective declared within the DTN, but undisclosable to the general public, is to limit - by filtering them right from the age of 12-13 - the number of French players of African and North African kind," the website said.

"A genuine segregation applied to football."

Commenting on the allegations, the sports minister said: "I take note of the French Football Federation's denial about the existence of such a policy and I invite it to very quickly shed light on the allegations in the article".

Blanc denial

Laurent Blanc strongly denied any plans for an ethnic quota.

"There is no plan to introduce quotas," he said in Bordeaux on Friday. "It's a lie to say that the France coach was involved."

He added that he had attended a meeting with federation officials in November but that the main item on the agenda was to "define a style of play and a training programme aimed at having the best results in five years".
Since he took over from Raymond Domenech after the World Cup, Blanc has often raised the problem of players with dual nationality, who benefit from French training academies before choosing to play for another country, the Associated Press news agency reports.

In Paris, Mr Duchaussoy denied "instructions, orders" about a quota had been given by the FFF.

"But then, in an informal discussion... I cannot be everywhere," he told reporters.

"There will be an investigation. What happened in a meeting, behind a door or in the corridors... I cannot vouch for everyone working at the federation. But I am confident [that there was no wrongdoing]."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13236864

Buy on AliExpress.com

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Well that's still better than Egypt national team's coach who operates a muslim only policy for his squad.No infidels allowed.
CAIRO, Egypt — Egypt coach Hassan Shehata wants only players who observe Islam, and says team selection is based equally on religious piety and skill.

Shehata’s comments, published Thursday in Egyptian newspapers, show how sports and religion are increasingly mixing in the overwhelmingly Muslim nation of 80 million.

There are no Christians on the squad defending its African Cup of Nations title in Angola

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Bring me one good Christian player that deserved to play, and i'll admit that what you say is true. Fact of the matter is there isn't.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
i'm no expert on egyptian football but it doesn't matter.If the article is true,there could be a copt Messi scoring 50 goals in egyptian league and he still wouldn't play cause he wouldn't observe the "right" religion.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Can't somebody post how the French starting lineup would look like without Africans, Arabs and Muslims?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i'm no expert on egyptian football but it doesn't matter.If the article is true,there could be a copt Messi scoring 50 goals in egyptian league and he still wouldn't play cause he wouldn't observe the "right" religion.
Sure but Egypt never claimed it was a secular country or that it cares about equality so what Shehata said (he did say it) is not unusual here but when it comes to France O La La!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stupid stuff like this and what the Egypt idiot implemented just hold their teams back, so it's a good thing.

Hopefully some religious nuts start banning right-footed players from their team, or some other silly nonsense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Stupid stuff like this and what the Egypt idiot implemented just hold their teams back, so it's a good thing.

Hopefully some religious nuts start banning right-footed players from their team, or some other silly nonsense.
:tup:
Can't somebody post how the French starting lineup would look like without Africans, Arabs and Muslims?
Do they have professional football players that arent ?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bring me one good Christian player that deserved to play, and i'll admit that what you say is true. Fact of the matter is there isn't.
Rather a sad indictment in itself, no...? When 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 (depending on figures you use) people are Christian :drill:

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    Who cares what the Egyptian said? They're all backward terrorist oppressed Muslims. France on the other hand is a modern progressive nation that is leading the way in freedom, justice and equality.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    This came so conveniently after the burqa ban. Someone spreads the news that there will be a race quota in French football, people in the French FA deny it (Blanc strongly denies it), but yet we chose to believe it because "France hates Islam"?

France banned the burqa. Live with it!
    France has blacks, whites, muslims, christians, atheists in their NT. Freedom, justice, equality, indeed.
    The Egyptian guy doesn't want non-Muslims in his team and says that he'll never play them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    This came so conveniently after the burqa ban. Someone spreads the news that there will be a race quota in French football, people in the French FA deny it (Blanc strongly denies it), but yet we chose to believe it because "France hates Islam"?

France banned the burqa. Live with it!
    France has blacks, whites, muslims, christians, atheists in their NT. Freedom, justice, equality, indeed.
    The Egyptian guy doesn't want non-Muslims in his team and says that he'll never play them.
    :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)