Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Date of birth: 19 May 1979 (1979-05-19) (age 31)
Place of birth: Flero, Lombardy, Italy
Height: 1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Midfielder​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus are wondering whether it would be better to sign Andrea Pirlo from Milan than make Alberto Aquilani's move from Liverpool permanent.

Aquilani has impressed during his loan spell, but Juventus are seriously beginning to have qualms about paying the €16.5m option included in the deal.

The 26-year-old's wage demands, said to be €3.5m a season, have also given Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta plenty to think about from now until the end of the campaign.

La Gazzetta dello Sport understands Marotta is prepared to offer Aquilani a five-year contract in Turin at €2.5m a season and not a €uro more.

Pirlo is out of contract in the summer and would represent a low cost alternative capable of replacing Aquilani in the heart of the Juventus midfield.

Although he would arrive on a free transfer, the 31-year-old's wages are more prohibitive than those of Aquilani. He currently earns €5m a season at San Siro, excluding bonuses.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    I like Pirlo, but he's not getting any younger, and 5m a season is ridiculous.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm a big fan of his, but his best days are behind him. At his salary, I wouldn't want juve to be the place where he finds out if he has anything left

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)