Documentary-thread (3 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Mods, close this if it is another thread for documentaries.

Just watched a documentary on Saddams son, Udey Hussein. I am in shock.
Looking forward to watch "The devils double". Which is also about the same guy.

Anyone watched any good documentaries lately?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Blood Into Wine

Follows singer Maynard (Tool, Perfect Circle, Pusscifer) as he turns his hobby (wine) into a successful Arizona winery. It's pretty cool.

Exit Through The Gift Shop

By street artist Banksy. It's a cool story of a crazy french man and his obsession with street art. Nominated for an Oscar.

Restrepo

Film crew follows soldiers in Afganistan as they conduct "business" in one of the most dangerous war zones in the world. Nominated for an Oscar.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ESPN did 30 for 30 and there have beena few good documentaries come out of thaty

Once were brothers
the story of the Yugoslav basketball team that looked set to dominate world basketball for years until the Balkan conflict ripped apart the nation and the friendships that the team had been bult on

Jordan rides the bus
an interesting look at what drove Michael Jordan to take a "sabbatical" from basketball and try his hand at baseball,he sucked but he certainly worked his ass off trying to make it

The two Escobars
the story of Pablo Escobar-drug lord and Andrés Escobar-footballer. the most interesting of all the documentaries i have seen charting the rise of Colombian football on the backing of the drug lords and the series of events that led to the deaths of both Pablo and Andrés Escobar

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #6
    Restrepo
    Once were brothers
    The two Escobars

Sounds like something for me. Will watch ASAP.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    guys it would be great if u had links to these documentaries i'd very much love to watch the ones u posted. if its allowed i can post a link that has loads of websites where u can watch free online documentaries and they have a huge categorey of them.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Confessions of a superhero - Turns out not every struggling actor in Hollywood waits tables while looking for their big break, some of them dress up like superheroes & try to make a living taking pics with tourists on Hollywood blvd. This is obviously not earth shattering stuff, but it is extremely entertaining. Very, very funny & sad at the same time. Who would have thought Batman was such a twat...

If anyone is looking for other interesting docs, some of my (more or less) recent favourites:

Soupçons - Leaves you wanting more, despite a 6 hour runtime: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/
    American Movie - Hilarious: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181288/
    The King of Kong - Funny, intriguing look at a "silly" subject: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/
    Capturing the Friedmans - An absolute must see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342172/
    Murderball - Feel good doc: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436613/
    Jesus Camp - Scary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    Restrepo

Film crew follows soldiers in Afganistan as they conduct "business" in one of the most dangerous war zones in the world. Nominated for an Oscar.
    My cousin was killed in Afghanistan (kunar province) this summer, and watching this really hit home... it's pretty damn intense. The Korengal Valley is a crazy fucking place.

This is a really, really good documentary guys; if you're interested to see what kids at war look and sound like, watch this. It kept me up all night.

Good recommendation, Aaron.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    ESPN did 30 for 30 and there have beena few good documentaries come out of thaty

Once were brothers
    the story of the Yugoslav basketball team that looked set to dominate world basketball for years until the Balkan conflict ripped apart the nation and the friendships that the team had been bult on

Jordan rides the bus
    an interesting look at what drove Michael Jordan to take a "sabbatical" from basketball and try his hand at baseball,he sucked but he certainly worked his ass off trying to make it

The two Escobars
    the story of Pablo Escobar-drug lord and Andrés Escobar-footballer. the most interesting of all the documentaries i have seen charting the rise of Colombian football on the backing of the drug lords and the series of events that led to the deaths of both Pablo and Andrés Escobar
    The two Escobars is one of the best I've ever seen:tup:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Fall From Grace

I just watched this last night. It follows Fred Phelps and his congregation at the Westboro Baptist church. It even has interviews with Mr. Phelps himself and a bunch of members of his family and follows them to some of their protests. I found it to be a pretty interesting look at how the insanity and hate of one man created a fanatical Christian group who have managed to piss off about everybody else in America.

I would also recommend two of Aaron's suggestions. Restrepo and Exit Through the Gift Shop were both excellent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

Once were brothers
    I saw your post an hour and a half ago, and I spent these 90 minutes watching it on youtube. Never watched it before. I held well until the last 20 minutes but then I broke. :)
    Thanks for telling me about it. Great documentary. Too sad, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)