Juventuz.com Donations (New server) (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Info:

First of all, sorry about the downtime the past 8 hours or so, it was out of my reach. The server was overloaded with requests and went completely unreachable so I couldn't even get to it through SSH.

Usually this isn't a problem but the support of the server host has been horrible the past few months. Last time it happened it took them 12 hours to reboot the server (press a button), this time 8 hours. I've had servers with them for 5-6 years now but not for much longer.

The main issue we're having is not enough RAM. RAM gets eaten up and it starts swapping and becomes overloaded.

I've setup the server now so it shouldn't happen again (limited apache settings so it will be slow from time to time but not go down).

I'm currently looking at options for a new server. I'll upgrade this thread with more info soon.

Sorry again, I'm doing my best to make this place running smoothly again.

Current server hardware:

CPU AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 146
RAM 2 GB DDR2-RAM (400 MHz)
Harddrives 2x 120 GB SATA in RAID1

CPU Benchmark (click)

New server hardware:

Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quad-Core
24 GB DDR3 RAM
2x1500 GB SATA II in RAID 1

CPU Benchmark (click)

Donations:

In addition to the $250 we received in donations for the vBulletin license, we require about $250 more for a new server (setup costs only). We have already received about $70 towards the server upgrade. I'll cover the costs for running it as usual.

Those who donate are moved to a special "Contributors" group and their usersnames also show up in a different color.

To donate, just click the link in the navbar.

Is your name not listed? Send me a pm with the amount you donated (and preferably with your e-mail address you used for PayPal).

Thanks in advance!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Tell us the truth Marty, are we going bankrupt? Does this site have a future? I'm scared, somebody hold me.

:p

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Tell us the truth Marty, are we going bankrupt? Does this site have a future? I'm scared, somebody hold me.

:p
Haha we didn't make CL so we had to take out a bank loan to upgrade the forum. Then we got knocked out of the EL and we could no longer afford the interest repayments on our loan, and we don't have any money in the winter transfer market to upgrade the server. If we cant find a good loan with the option to buy deal we're headed straight for relegation :wink:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
When will you guys stop accepting donations? I had only a couple of dollars in my Paypal account and just put a little bit more to be able to donate but it's going to take a week to transfer from my bank account to my Paypal account.

Apr 15, 2006
When will you guys stop accepting donations? I had only a couple of dollars in my Paypal account and just put a little bit more to be able to donate but it's going to take a week to transfer from my bank account to my Paypal account.
There's a donation quota meter at the top of the home page. $295 to go.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I donated what I had in my Paypal account for now (I went on a shopping spree just a little while ago) so when more money comes in I'll be sure to donate more if the quota hasn't been reached yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)