Most informed member (General knowledge) of The Year (1 Viewer)

Most informed member?

• Andy

• Deneb

• Martin

• Seven

• Ze Tahir

• swag

• Alen

• Osman

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Can I ask you guys not to vote for me in this particular poll? I have no objections about my nomination in the other polls, but here I do not belong.
Thanks.

Sep 1, 2002
Can I ask you guys not to vote for me in this particular poll? I have no objections about my nomination in the other polls, but here I do not belong.
Thanks.
I promise not to vote for you, you wouldn't deserve it anyway.

If I were to vote fore you which would you recommend and why?

No more than 10 words.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If I were to vote fore you which would you recommend and why?

No more than 10 words.
1. I
2. don't
3. want
4. to
5. convince
6. you
7. to
8. vote
9. for
10. me

:D

But if you want I can recommend Sab for the funniest posted, Fred for most informed about football and Dule for best moderator. I'll need more than 10 words for that, though :p

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Go on then, tell me something I don't know!

No wikiing now.
If you don't mind JCK
you know when you have any organic halide with a 2o substituted carbon, then a Sn1 reaction is favored in the presence of weak Nuc and polar protic solvent. The polar solvent is importan, since it can hydrogen bond to the intermediate carbocation that is formed via the slow rate determining step when the good leaving group which is the halide leaves. Now if you make the Nuc bulky, they get elimination reactions, and you form the most stable alkene, which is usually the most substituted one.

Sep 1, 2002
If you don't mind JCK
you know when you have any organic halide with a 2o substituted carbon, then a Sn1 reaction is favored in the presence of weak Nuc and polar protic solvent. The polar solvent is importan, since it can hydrogen bond to the intermediate carbocation that is formed via the slow rate determining step when the good leaving group which is the halide leaves. Now if you make the Nuc bulky, they get elimination reactions, and you form the most stable alkene, which is usually the most substituted one.
That old chestnut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)