Alessandro Matri - ST - Cagliari (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 19 August 1984 (1984-08-19) (age 26)
Place of birth Sant'Angelo Lodigiano, Italy
Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Weight 80 kg
Playing position Forward​

Alessandro Matri (born 19 August 1984) is an Italian footballer who plays for Cagliari at Serie A. He plays usually as a Forward.

Biography

AC Milan

Born in Sant'Angelo Lodigiano, Lombardy, Matri started his career at A.C. Milan (30 km away from Sant'Angelo Lodigiano) and played his first Serie A match as starter on 24 May 2003, the 3rd last match of the season before the 2003 UEFA Champions League Final and 2003 Coppa Italia Final. The match Piacenza Calcio won Milan 4–2, as Milan rested almost all the regular starter. Matri scored nil that match, partnered with Michele Piccolo and replaced by Roberto Bortolotto in the 71st minute. In the next season, he played all the time at Primavera (U20) Team and not played in the first team. In 2004–05 and 2005–06 season, he left on loan to Prato (along with Piccolo) and Lumezzane, played 64 Serie C1 matches.

In 2005–06 season, he left for Rimini along with Digão.

Cagliari

In June 2007, as part of David Suazo's deal to Milan, he left for Cagliari in co-ownership deal (Suazo eventually joined city rival Internazionale). He partnered with Robert Acquafresca, which Internazionale sent him to the Sardinia as part of Suazo's deal. The young strikers scored 16 goals for the team, ahead midfielder Pasquale Foggia and Daniele Conti (both 5 goals). Their replacement, Jeda and Larrivey, scored 3 goals in half season and 1 goal in full season respectively.

In the next season, Matri became the 3rd choice, as Jeda and Acquafresca netted more goals. But he also scored 6 goals in 31 matches, but only 11 of them as starter.

After the exit of Acquafresca, Matri became the starting pair along with Jeda, with new signing Nenê, the 2008–09 Portuguese Liga top-scorer, played as substitute. He is the team top-scorer, having scored 12 league goals, ahead Nenê (7 goals) and Jeda (6 goals. At the start of the 10/11 season he was re-united with Acquafresca as he re-joined Cagliari. Matri and Acquafresca have scored 4 goals in 6 games and 1 goal in 1 game in the league respectively so far.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
that would be a good transfer, mostly because we can get him on free in the summer. If so, I would be happy to have striker as Matri as our back-up, he`s 4 years younger than Amauri and Iaquinta, and is in better form, scoring some quality goals.

Needless to say, if Milan do want him and offer him a contract, he`ll go there - he started his career in Milan`s Primavera, and his most succesfull years are under Allegri`s watch in Cagliari in last 2 years, so... :D

In short, if we manage to sell Amauri and Iaquinta, Matri on free would be very good...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    oh so he was a meelan fan since his childhood. If not then I think he'd pick us over Milan because he'd get more chances here to start. :D

I think he'd be a nice backup to Dzeko. :superhapp

Does his contract really end this summer?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    We can get him quite cheap and I think he'd be a starter here till the summer unlike at Milan where he will play second fiddle to Ibra.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    oh so he was a meelan fan since his childhood. If not then I think he'd pick us over Milan because he'd get more chances here to start. :D

I think he'd be a nice backup to Dzeko. :superhapp

Does his contract really end this summer?
    Wait, what?

Mark?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)