Neymar - Forward - PSG (91 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Full name Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
Date of birth 5 February 1992 (1992-02-05) (age 18)
Place of birth Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil
Height 1.76 m
Weight 60 kg
Playing position Striker
Current club Barcelona
Number 11​

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior (born 5 February 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil) Commonly known as Neymar, is a Brazilian footballer who currently plays for Brazilian club Santos and the Brazilian national football team.

Club career

Santos

Neymar

After joining the squad in 2003, Neymar eventually made his Santos debut against Oeste on 7 March 2009 in a 2-1 win at the age of 17, Neymar's next appearance was against Mogi Mirim a week later, during which he scored his first goal for Santos. He is considered to be one of the most exciting young talents ever to come out of South America. On 11 April 2009, in the 2009 Campeonato Paulista semi-final first leg against Palmeiras, Neymar scored the decisive goal in a 2-1 win at Estádio Vila Belmiro. In the final however, Neymar failed to perform to his full ability, and Santos crashed out to Corinthians in a 4-2 aggregate loss.

Neymar's performances for Santos have drawn comparisons to Brazilian idols such as Robinho and Pelé. He began to attract interest from many clubs such as Manchester City, Internazionale, Real Madrid, and Chelsea, with Real Madrid even going so far as to claim that they had signed a pre-contract agreement with Neymar's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, which Santos fervently denied. Following this, Santos slapped an asking price of €30 million on the player's head,and tied Neymar down to a new contract lasting until December 2014. Neymar himself said he didn't think it was time to leave Santos, and that he was only focused on the club. Neymar’s agent has insisted that the Santos striker does not want to stay in his home country of Brazil.

On 15 April 2010, Neymar scored 5 goals for Santos in a 8-1 routing of Guarani in the round of 16 of the Brazilian Cup. Following the 2010 Campeonato Paulista in which Neymar scored 14 goals in 19 games, the club were crowned champions after a 5-5 aggregate win over Santo André in the finals. Neymar was given the award for the best player, due to his brilliant performances in the competition.

International career

Following Neymar's performances for Brazil's U-17 team at the 2009 U-17 World Cup in which he scored a goal in the opening match against Japan former Brazilian football players Pelé and Romário reportedly urged coach Dunga to take Neymar to the 2010 World Cup. Although the widespread opinion that Neymar deserved a place in Dunga's squad went as far as a 14,000 signature petition, and despite the huge pressure on Dunga to pick Neymar, he was omitted from both the squad of 23, and the stand-by list. Although Dunga described Neymar as "extremely talented", he claimed that he had not been tested sufficiently on the international level to earn a World Cup spot and he had failed to impress enough while on international duty.

On 26 July 2010, Neymar was selected in the squad for the Brazil team by new head coach Mano Menezes for a friendly match against the USA on 10 August 2010. He started the game and wore the number 11 jersey. He scored on his debut after 28 minutes, a header coming from an André Santos cross in a 2–0 win for Brazil.

:numnum:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Do you want the numbers of the deal and instalments? :cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I truly hope that Neymar is the non-EU player we sign. Dzeko is good but Neymar could be a force for a decade.

Then next time we can sign Ganso. :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    I really hope the Portuguese passport thing is true and we get both.

Anyway, it could be between him or Cassano. Screw Fatantonio. :D

bah, I won't get excited with this rumour. Huntelaar hurt too much. :p

24m € + bonuses that could reach a total of 30m €. Paid in 3 years.

3.5/4m to the player.

to be continued...

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Some fake gurus over at VS so please take this with a pinch of salt but it's always good to dream about getting good players.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    I can't picture us spending big on an 18 year old. We have no recent history of big money transfers on players out of South America, nevermind ones who are only 18 yrs old.

Not to mention all the comments from our management about growing and nurturing talent from the youth sector. Spending over 20m on an 18 year old for the 1st team doesn't exactly coincide with those ideals.

What about the non eu spot? I doubt were willing to sacrifice it on any1 less than an established European based player.

How does this compare to Chelsea's rumoured bids this past summer? I imagine they were willing to go higher.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    I can't picture us spending big on an 18 year old. We have no recent history of big money transfers on players out of South America, nevermind ones who are only 18 yrs old.

Not to mention all the comments from our management about growing and nurturing talent from the youth sector. Spending over 20m on an 18 year old for the 1st team doesn't exactly coincide with those ideals.

What about the non eu spot? I doubt were willing to sacrifice it on any1 less than an established European based player.

How does this compare to Chelsea's rumoured bids this past summer? I imagine they were willing to go higher.
    25m, we weren't willing to go higher than that.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
    A thread for Neymar in October? If a transfer like that is to happen, then that would be in 10-11 months.

That thread will be the longest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)