Salvatore Bocchetti - CB - Rubin Kazan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006

* Date of Birth: 30 November 1986
* Height: 178 cm
* Position: Defender (CB/LB)
* Current club: Genoa (ITA)
* International Caps: 5
* International Goals: 0
* First international: Republic of Ireland - Italy
(10 October 2009)​

Salvatore Bocchetti (born 30 November 1986) is an Italian footballer who plays as a defender for Serie A club Genoa.

Club career

Bocchetti started his professional career at Ascoli. He made his Serie A debut against Palermo on 20 December 2006. He was on loan to Serie C1 for Lanciano, and Frosinone of Serie B on second half of 2006–07 season. In the 2008–09 season Bocchetti was signed by Genoa CFC and has become a regular starter in central defence. He can also play fullback role.

International career

In March 2008 Bocchetti made his debut with the Italy U-21 squad. He established himself in Pierluigi Casiraghi's Azzurrini squad at the 2008 Toulon Tournament and retained his place in the starting line up for the Summer Olympics. Together with Marco Andreolli, he was first-choice in central defense for the remain 2009 European Championship qualifiers and also at the tournament.

On 22 March 2009 Bocchetti received his first call up to the senior Italy squad for two World Cup qualifiers matches but remained an unused substitute. On 10 October 2009 he made his senior national team international debut against Ireland coming on as a second half substitute in Croke Park. He was named in Marcello Lippi's 23 men squad for the 2010 World Cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I don't understand why Genoa would let their best defender leave. They also sold Sokratis and bought Rafinha and Criscito. How are they resonating?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Wait would Boccheti be the new LB or the 3rd choice CB?

I'm all for a loan deal with a fixed price to buy at the end of the season, he hasn't really impressed enough in Serie A to justify a straight purchase.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I don't understand why Genoa would let their best defender leave. They also sold Sokratis and bought Rafinha and Criscito. How are they resonating?
Haven't paid attention to their market much, but I don't think they've brought in a CB even? Judging from their moves/supposed moves, they must have though...

Jun 14, 2010
My first post here, i believe.

I had a conversation with two of my buddies who happen to be juventini aswell, and they both believe Bocchetti to be a not as good-copy of Chiellini. They were saying he is okay as a LB, but he is most definately better as a CB.

But as long as he is better than Paolo de Ceglie and Fabio Grosso, I'd say benvenuto Bocchetti! The only condition is that he would be really cheap, or come in as a loan deal - similar to Motta and Pepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)