The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 774
Page 774 of 774 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774
Results 15,461 to 15,479 of 15479
  1. #15461
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,556
    Cash
    11,720
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    ... only Portugal are a very serious opponents in the playoffs. ...
    seedings will be applied, and as both italy and portugal will certainly be seeded, they can't be drawn together for the playoffs.

  2. #15462
    Juventuz legend Alen's Avatar
    Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48,387
    Cash
    9,954
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    seedings will be applied, and as both italy and portugal will certainly be seeded, they can't be drawn together for the playoffs.
    Aha. Although, I guess, the seedings criteria will be made according to the ranking of runners-up. In that case, in order to stay in the top 4 (where Portugal are surely finishing), Italy will have to take the next two qualifying matches against Albania and Macedonia seriously.

  3. #15463
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,556
    Cash
    11,720
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    ...I guess, the seedings criteria will be made according to the ranking of runners-up. ...
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...r-2906954.html

    The eight teams will be seeded in two pots with the four highest-ranked teams placed in one pot. The ranking will be based on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking published on 16 October.
    currently, the best eight 2nd placed teams and their rankings:
    - portugal 6th
    - northern ireland 23th
    - italy 12th
    - iceland 20th
    - slovakia 22th
    - sweden 19th
    - montenegro 52th
    - bosnia 30th

    a couple of teams are pretty close, both the fifa and the group rankings are not final, but it's safe to say that both portugal and italy will be seeded.

  4. #15464
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    54,278
    Cash
    49,361
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    So at the moment it would be:

    Pot 1
    Portugal 1267
    Italy 1059
    Sweden 953
    Wales 951

    Pot 2
    Iceland 927
    Slovakia 917
    Northern Ireland 897
    Bosnia & Herzegovina 815
    Montenegro 643

    At the moment Wales and BIH are tied for the worst record of runner up teams with 14 points, the worst (9th placed) will be eliminated.

    Seems impossible that Italy wouldn't be seeded.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  5. #15465
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,556
    Cash
    11,720
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    ...At the moment Wales and BIH are tied for the worst record of runner up teams with 14 points...
    in fact, bosnia have a better goal difference, so it's technically not a tie. that's why i haven't listed wales - but yeah, it's worth noting that they could easily go through to the playoffs.

  6. #15466
    Juventuz regular Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,440
    Cash
    6,000
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    So at the moment it would be:

    Pot 1
    Portugal 1267
    Italy 1059
    Sweden 953
    Wales 951

    Pot 2
    Iceland 927
    Slovakia 917
    Northern Ireland 897
    Bosnia & Herzegovina 815
    Montenegro 643

    At the moment Wales and BIH are tied for the worst record of runner up teams with 14 points, the worst (9th placed) will be eliminated.

    Seems impossible that Italy wouldn't be seeded.
    And the chances are high, that Portugal will surpass Switzerland. They face each other in last round in Lisbon.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_F...up_B#Standings

    ..but I think Switzerland will be in Pot 1 too.

  7. #15467
    Juventuz bench Snobist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    521
    Cash
    1,581
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino_mk View Post


    Sooooo close!!!
    Well I don't know why you federation choose to play almost in Bulgaria in a stadium 6500 capacity!

  8. #15468
    Juventuz bench Dino_mk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    712
    Cash
    2,114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobist View Post
    Well I don't know why you federation choose to play almost in Bulgaria in a stadium 6500 capacity!
    R u seriously asking or just playing dumb.
    If it's serious question I can answer you simply, that city and stadium are chosen so ethical tensions could be avoided, in that place both groups are lacking support.

  9. #15469
    Juventuz regular Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,440
    Cash
    6,000
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobist View Post
    Well I don't know why you federation choose to play almost in Bulgaria in a stadium 6500 capacity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino_mk View Post
    R u seriously asking or just playing dumb.
    If it's serious question I can answer you simply, that city and stadium are chosen so ethical tensions could be avoided, in that place both groups are lacking support.
    http://www.tiranatimes.com/?p=133100

  10. #15470
    Juventuz star Nomuken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SoulCal
    Posts
    3,388
    Cash
    105,363
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    We need massive overhaul not eager for next year, why does the World Cup have to be so soon.
    Writing on Game of Thrones
    [2011-2016]

  11. #15471
    Juventuz bench Snobist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    521
    Cash
    1,581
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino_mk View Post
    R u seriously asking or just playing dumb.
    If it's serious question I can answer you simply, that city and stadium are chosen so ethical tensions could be avoided, in that place both groups are lacking support.
    Thats BS when match played in Albania nothing happened. Just Fyrom Federation was scared it'd be filled with Albanians and theyd be embarrassed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #15472
    Juventuz bench Dino_mk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    712
    Cash
    2,114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobist View Post
    Thats BS when match played in Albania nothing happened. Just Fyrom Federation was scared it'd be filled with Albanians and theyd be embarrassed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you are not playing.....

  13. #15473
    Juventuz bench Snobist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    521
    Cash
    1,581
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino_mk View Post
    So you are not playing.....
    What?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #15474
    BuFFON Siamak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    5,869
    Cash
    57,551
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    1.germany
    17.italy
    25.iran
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20170914_132229.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	57529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20170914_132154.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	57530  
    donít know where my heart will take me
    But I know your light will protect me
    From this fragile world

  15. #15475
    Juventuz regular Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,440
    Cash
    6,000
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siamak View Post
    1.germany
    17.italy
    25.iran
    I hate FIFA ranking with all my heart.

  16. #15476
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,654
    Cash
    4,579
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siamak View Post
    1.germany
    17.italy
    25.iran
    I am definitely not a fan of Iran at all. However u guys deserve it by far the best team in Asia.

  17. #15477
    Juventuz regular NitK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Cash
    3,193
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    FIFA World Rankings:

    1) Germany
    2) Brazil
    3) Portugal
    4) Argentina
    5) Belgium
    6) Poland
    7) Switzerland
    8) France
    9) Chile
    10) Colombia
    —————
    16) Uruguay
    17) Italy
    18) Croatia

    Honestly after the performances under Ventura, I can't say with confidence that this Italy would beat anyone in the top 10.
    DYBALA
    10

    La Joya

  18. #15478
    Juventuz regular Wittl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,440
    Cash
    6,000
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NitK View Post
    FIFA World Rankings:

    Honestly after the performances under Ventura, I can't say with confidence that this Italy would beat anyone in the top 10.
    No, for example the swiss captain and best player isn't even good enough to be called up for Juventus' CL squad. So how on earth should they be able to win against Italy then?

  19. #15479
    MAGISTERIAL AFL_ITALIA's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    11,599
    Cash
    15,482
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    No, for example the swiss captain and best player isn't even good enough to be called up for Juventus' CL squad. So how on earth should they be able to win against Italy then?
    The tactics are the problem, the talent is certainly there otherwise.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Similar Threads

  1. Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread
    By Turk_Bianconero in forum Euro 2008
    Replies: 3626
    Last Post: 26.06.2008, 17:16
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04.06.2008, 21:41
  3. Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread
    By Kyle in forum International football
    Replies: 2182
    Last Post: 03.02.2008, 20:24
  4. The official azzurri euro qualifier thread(2)
    By Kyle in forum International football
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09.11.2007, 06:02
  5. Azzurri pre-Euro2k+4 thread
    By Martin in forum Euro 2004
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05.06.2004, 16:00

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •