The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 845
Page 845 of 851 FirstFirst ... 345745795835843844845846847 ... LastLast
Results 16,881 to 16,900 of 17019

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DIECI View Post
    So can someone explain to me how this League of Nations thing is going to work ? Is it the new qualifying format for uefa for euro and wcs? Or a separate tournament ?
    Not 100% sure how it works but pretty sure it just replaces friendly matches in between qualifyers and will have a role in what pot you get seated in for euro/wc qualyfying groups

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Some people here.

Cannavaro at 06 was one of the best individual performances. Nesta was probably the best defender of the 00s, unfortunately he had injury problems.

I cant recall Chiellini ever putting in same level performance.
    dunno, the penalty that Italy conceded in the 06 final was at least 30% Cannavaro, he got dummied there and was half of the sandwich the other half being a reckless Materazzi.

Chiellini has been putting worlds best #9s in his pocket for a decade, you really can't recall any of those performances? I'm not saying Giorgio $#@!s all over Cannavaro, but saying he doesn't hold a candle to Cannavaro is disrespectful to a beautiful Juventus legend that's still going strong.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    dunno, the penalty that Italy conceded in the 06 final was at least ~30% Cannavaro, he got dummied there and was half of the sandwich the other half being a reckless Materazzi.

Chiellini has been putting worlds best #9s in his pocket for a decade, you really can't recall any of those performances? I'm not saying Giorgio $#@!s all over Cannavaro, but saying he doesn't hold a candle to Cannavaro is disrespectful to a beautiful Juventus legend that's still going strong.
    👍👍

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    dunno, the penalty that Italy conceded in the 06 final was at least 30% Cannavaro, he got dummied there and was half of the sandwich the other half being a reckless Materazzi.

That penalty was bull$#@! tho
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Lol. Ventura just claimed his Azzurri side was among the best in history. Oh and looks like he's not stepping down, because he wants his severance pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still can't believe the next World Cup will not include Italy.
    ''Selling is not important, it's the only thing that counts''

Cash
    Mentioned
    2115 Post(s)
    Zoff: Exit hurts so much | Football Italia

Italy legend Dino Zoff admits their World Cup no-show “hurts so much” but believes a bright future is in store if the Azzurri “start trusting” youth.

Italy will not be able to extend their run of a World Cup Final every 12 years for a fifth edition this summer after failing to qualify, and Zoff – who kept goal for the Azzurri en route to their 1982 triumph – felt September’s 3-0 defeat to Spain marked the fatal turn in their qualifying campaign.

“Seeing Buffon cry saddened me,” he told Goal.com.

“Gigi is already a legend and he will realise it. Time, unfortunately, passes for everyone. But he has written important pages of football history.

“I still have a hard time believing that Italy will not go to the World Cup. This elimination, after 60 years, hurts so much.

“Turning point? I think the defeat against Spain has created a negative atmosphere.

“After the match in Madrid, the group lost its confidence and the games that they played after were not positive. The team was not able to meet the expectations.”

Zoff resigned as Italy’s CT after an extra-time defeat to France in the Euro 2000 Final, but he stopped short of demanding Ventura to take similar action.

“I took that decision after careful consideration. I don't want to judge the thoughts of other people. Everyone has their own opinion,” continued the 75-year-old.

“Italy have to leave the chaos behind, naming possible new Coaches would make little sense. Leading the national team is always important, they have to make the right choice.

“Italy have some very talented young players. We have to start trusting them and be hopeful about them.”

———————

- - - Updated - - -

Zoff is the first person I’ve seen actually talk about the biggest issue facing Italy....trusting the youth.

Italy’s insistence on using the old guard players well into their decline makes it sadly clear younger players aren’t being given a solid chance at growth. And when they are it’s because a situation is so dire they are thrown into a bad situation say because of injuries.
    2017/2018 - 13 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Jogi @lgorTudor
    “I read yesterday that De Rossi said he wouldn’t want to be subbed in because they needed a striker. For me, that is greatness"
    I agree...But the thing is if one of Jogi's players would do that, he'd never play again. Only yes-men make it under Jogi.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Now that bald fvck Infantino defends Tavecchio... Saying we would all be praising him if that Darmian shot went in lol.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cash
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    Now that bald fvck Infantino defends Tavecchio... Saying we would all be praising him if that Darmian shot went in lol.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

@Bianconero_Aus
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Lol. Ventura just claimed his Azzurri side was among the best in history. Oh and looks like he's not stepping down, because he wants his severance pay.

1) What the $#@!

2) If true, which it isn't, then that makes him even a bigger moron because he couldn't get qualified with the best Azzurri team in the history.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I feel a bit sorry for Ventura. He's a tactically inflexible coach. An old dog in want of new tricks. He was never right for the job but can you blame him for taking it? The FIGC expressed confidence in him and offered him the role. They knew exactly what type of football they would be getting with Ventura and when the train started to go off the rails they didn't have the foresight or guile to see the huge wreck that was coming.

I mean just listen to these guys excuse themselves. It's wrong to judge Tavecchio based on one missed world cup?? His embracing VAR is testimony to his competence?? These corrupt bastards care about one thing - holding onto power. They don't want calcio to leave them behind and the only way to avoid that is to maintain the status quo. Now it's all blown up in their faces. It's time to heed Agnelli's calls to dump Tavecchio and his band of cronies and bring Italian football back to where it belongs!
    COLLINGWOOD FC

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    how can anyone feel any bit sorry for ventura is beyond me, he was always out of his depth since taking the job and his arrogance since Monday's disaster leaves a disgusting taste
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)

$#@! Azzurri
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Im sorry but this is some biased bs. I can also say that that pen was 50% dive. The ref gave the pen cause Materazzi had that dirty rep.

Please explain those 3-1 and 4-1 losses in the CL finals then? Dont tell me Ronaldo isnt a 9 thats why.

If Cannavaro hadnt performed the way he did that tournament, Italy would not have won it. I remember very much when Nesta got injured like he did just start of the tournament and everyone literally said Italy is screwed and done cause Materazzi will start. Cannavaro performance and leadership skills (in terms of operating the whole backline) made such a huge difference. Buffon has his say in all this too of course. Chiellini has not put in such performance in a major final. The results speak for themselves. Losing those finals big scoreline. Meanwhile 2006 Italy conceded 2 goals and one was owngoal, other this bs penalty. Very impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nenz View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for Ventura. He's a tactically inflexible coach. An old dog in want of new tricks. He was never right for the job but can you blame him for taking it? The FIGC expressed confidence in him and offered him the role. They knew exactly what type of football they would be getting with Ventura and when the train started to go off the rails they didn't have the foresight or guile to see the huge wreck that was coming.

I mean just listen to these guys excuse themselves. It's wrong to judge Tavecchio based on one missed world cup?? His embracing VAR is testimony to his competence?? These corrupt bastards care about one thing - holding onto power. They don't want calcio to leave them behind and the only way to avoid that is to maintain the status quo. Now it's all blown up in their faces. It's time to heed Agnelli's calls to dump Tavecchio and his band of cronies and bring Italian football back to where it belongs!
    Decent points but why does Ventura not play his best players in Insigne in crucial World Cup playoff match. Thats not on FIGC.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Please explain those 3-1 and 4-1 losses in the CL finals then? Dont tell me Ronaldo isnt a 9 thats why.

Just to clear it out, Chiellini did not play in the 2015 final...

Cash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenz View Post

It shows that not only Ventura but also Tavecchio needs to go.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And this was Chiellini in the 2017 final, i woudnt blame it on him tbh, he has his flaws ofc but Chiellini has been a world class defender for many years, hence he still is!

I think he did decent enough in the corcumstances and did not really deserve all the criticism he received after that final...

Last edited by Alin; 15.11.2017 at 17:57.

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    I just wanted to tell you that you are all free to support Belgium in the coming World Cup. I don't hold grudges. You can jump on our bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2115 Post(s)
    Sky is saying that he will be sacked. Imagine failing at your job and getting a multi million euro payout as a result of being terminated early
    2017/2018 - 13 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.