The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 842
Page 842 of 854 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852 ... LastLast
Results 16,821 to 16,840 of 17071

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    Cannavaro only great for two or three years? Do you not remember him at Parma? The likes of Nesta and Cannavaro are amongst the best ever defenders. Cheilini is very good but is not at that level. Here, coincidently, Football Italia just mentioned the same thing;

Chiellini is arguably the last of his kind. That rugged, no-nonsense Italian stalwart in the mould of Claudio Gentile, Beppe Bergomi and Pietro Vierchowod. Yet, Chiellini won’t go down as one of the all-time legendary defenders, which speaks to the general downturn in Italy’s ability to produce world-class centre backs in the last two decades. Where have all the Maldini’s, Scirea’s, Nesta’s, Baresi’s and Cannavaro’s gone?

http://www.football-italia.net/11281...blems-run-deep
    I started watching footie in 2002, Cannavaro was God like for Juventus in his first stint and in WC 2006, but apart from that he was average/bad for Inter, Real Madrid or Juve 2nd stint. No idea about Parma or Napoli, but for such a legendary defender he surely sucked a lot in defenders "best years"
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'č
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There will be a giant elephant in the room the remainder of this season across the top teams...idk if people fully understand what the $#@! actually happened, Buffon is absoloutly destroyed, the fact that De Rossi Buffon barza etc aren’t gona bow out this summer makes me the most furious I’ve ever been in my life. I wouldn’t be pissed if we were actually that bad and didn’t deserve to qualify, we had the players, put in a new coach w new tactics we win the playoffs no questions asked. We $#@!in beat Spain and Belgium less than 2 years ago without conceding a goal, we’re on par w them if our players were utilized right, no doubt about it. There’s gona be an eerie feel the rest of this campaign to just remind everyone what the $#@! happened, and i duckin hate it bc it’ll be impossible to get over this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I don't know. Ventura made the players look really bad, but truth be told I see them just below Spain, France, Germany and Belgium in Europe. Surely England, the Netherlands or Portugal aren't much better at all. And Portugal even won the Euros in 2016.

Given that pretty much everyone qualifies for the Euros these days it shouldn't be that difficult of a task. And it's right after the biggest disaster in Italian football, so you're bound to look good.
    We $#@!in trashed Belgium and Spain, and were even w Germany less than 2 years ago w a weaker squad, this is 100% Ventura’s doing. Our players are better now than they were in the euros, if we had a coach who actually $#@!in utilized them right we wouldn’t be talking about any of this, we’d of qualified w ease

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    There will be a giant elephant in the room the remainder of this season across the top teams...idk if people fully understand what the $#@! actually happened, Buffon is absoloutly destroyed, the fact that De Rossi Buffon barza etc aren’t gona bow out this summer makes me the most furious I’ve ever been in my life. I wouldn’t be pissed if we were actually that bad and didn’t deserve to qualify, we had the players, put in a new coach w new tactics we win the playoffs no questions asked. We $#@!in beat Spain and Belgium less than 2 years ago without conceding a goal, we’re on par w them if our players were utilized right, no doubt about it. There’s gona be an eerie feel the rest of this campaign to just remind everyone what the $#@! happened, and i duckin hate it bc it’ll be impossible to get over this
    fully agree with you.... I said it earlier this will have major implications on Serie A this year, and maybe longer. The FIGC need to come up with a plan and get some fresh faces in there ASAP to give this a rest and have something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We $#@!in trashed Belgium and Spain, and were even w Germany less than 2 years ago w a weaker squad, this is 100% Ventura’s doing. Our players are better now than they were in the euros, if we had a coach who actually $#@!in utilized them right we wouldn’t be talking about any of this, we’d of qualified w ease
    I had so much hope after the EUro, I thought we could do something special in Russia... this has my heart broken, really hard to go on watching soccer for a while. :-(

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Some people here.

Cannavaro at 06 was one of the best individual performances. Nesta was probably the best defender of the 00s, unfortunately he had injury problems.

I cant recall Chiellini ever putting in same level performance.

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    So I’m guessing our Serie A season is still gonna finish early.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the under 21 beat russia 3-2

- - - Updated - - -

after we lost the final to Real Madrid last year Buffon said he almost quit. Do you guys think this massive defeat yesterday has him thinking an early exit from Juve ? He was so devastated yesterday, how much more heartbreak can this man take? He is clearly tortured inside.

Cash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DIECI View Post

- - - Updated - - -

after we lost the final to Real Madrid last year Buffon said he almost quit. Do you guys think this massive defeat yesterday has him thinking an early exit from Juve ? He was so devastated yesterday, how much more heartbreak can this man take? He is clearly tortured inside.
    Orsolini is the future, I'm so excited about him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DIECI View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think this weekend's game will tell us a lot about their current state going forward, but this season will be tainted now bc of this. I'll tell you one thing tho, I'd rather not advance past the group stages than get 4-0'd by psg in the final

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    ADL

“(FIGC President Carlo) Tavecchio is the only real responsible for all this.
    If I were Tavecchio, I’d resign straight away to not look like an idiot, but he’s not the only one. There is also director Michele Uva and the CONI."
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    ADL

He also said

Those people who only superficially watch the Italy games will then say, oh, these players aren’t as talented as they say and that lowers their market value. Are we clubs then supposed to demand financial damages from Tavecchio and the FIGC?
    Yeah let's sue that fat $#@!. but seriously, these players have lost value for not making the WC so it's affected the clubs. It's a good thing most of ours are end of their career.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    Last warning, tone down the language or get banned
    you have no idea, you let the rules of this forum protect that senile fool? frankly he deserves every single piece of insult that cowardly fool gets thrown at him and more. DISGUSTING!

- - - Updated - - -

ADL
    blah blah blah he can say what he wants but talking about it aint resolving it. I'd sooner see zamparini in charge of the figc, at least ventura would have gone a very long time ago now
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can they force this fat lard to resign?

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DJANGO=- View Post
    Sure, but is this the reason people want him out? If Italy had won the WC will it matter then?

I am more interested into the principles behind the calls for resignation. One is sporting performance and the other politics and semantics. If the principles for his resignation are not well crafted and thought of - then it will turn into a bigger circus than it already is. From the frying pan right into the fire...

Moreover, I don't see Tavecchio as some kind of a lone wolf. He does what they tell him to do and in essence so will the next guy, unless better priorities are established.
    He was responsible for choosing this “coach”. He is responsible for the biggest NT failure in 60 years. At any other big football nation, the president would have his head on a plate after this debacle. Oh, he also gave Ventura a contract extension (back in August) until 2020. He has to go, but we all know he’ll cling on to his power for as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    ADL
    ADL can suck it. He voted for this fool at the elections back in 2014. Only Agnelli and Pallotta from Roma voted for AlbertinI IIRC.
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I started watching footie in 2002, Cannavaro was God like for Juventus in his first stint and in WC 2006, but apart from that he was average/bad for Inter, Real Madrid or Juve 2nd stint. No idea about Parma or Napoli, but for such a legendary defender he surely sucked a lot in defenders "best years"
    He was amazing at Parma, and for most of his Italy career (besides 09-10). One of the best CBs of all time, but I think Nesta is the GOAT.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    watching the quality of the germany vs france match right now really puts into perspective how sht we were

Cash
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    watching the quality of the germany vs france match right now really puts into perspective how sht we were
    Germany better pray Werner doesn't pick up an injury. Only german striker worth mentioning.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    ADL can suck it. He voted for this fool at the elections back in 2014. Only Agnelli and Pallotta from Roma voted for AlbertinI IIRC.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    But at least he changed his mind, after realizing that he voted for an idiot @Seven

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Juve, Roma, Atalanta and Venezia are the only forward thinking clubs in Italy. Sad but true.