The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 840
Page 840 of 851 FirstFirst ... 340740790830838839840841842850 ... LastLast
Results 16,781 to 16,800 of 17016

Cash
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    At this moment it's only Verratti, when he shows up. But there are a lot of very good players and no reason why they shouldn't be qualifying for tournaments. Obviously would be nice if they didn't get Spain, France or Germany in a 1+1 qualifying format next time but that's another story. I watched England walk their way through another mediocre qualifying group and tbh that kind roll of the dice is what this troubled Italy needed at that point. But sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and Italy needed this kick up the ass.
    Italy will always have the depth and qualities that should "guarantee" them qualification to the World Cup and the EURO's.

But the current quality don't really scream future winner anytime soon, and that's a new [low]. Italy are now among tier 2 teams in Europe. Italy simply aren't able to produce world class players.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tavecchio is a $#@!ing cancer

Cash
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Italians needs to mob tavecchios ass and the figc..

They should force him to resign.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    $#@!ing roflmao coach, simply gives $#@!ing roflmao results

Who would have thought.

Conte had an inferior Italy, and got MUCH better results. Italy isnt what it used to be. But $#@!ing Sweden
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    In Europe alone, Spain, France , Germany, Belgium have a better talent pool than Italy. Even Portugal seems to be producing more talented players these days.

As I said, performing in Serie A and performing on the international stage are two different things and a lot of young Italian players are unable to make that step up unlike their European counterparts.

Italy will always continue producing good defenders and hard working CM's but it's the offensive front that really makes them a B level team. I can't see any current Italian attacker that will go on to become a great player in the future.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    At least one of the top coaches (carletto, allegri, conte) need to make themselves available and do something for his country.

Its time fomr someone to take action and leave aside the paychecks, and make something for their country in a time of need
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Ancelotti is the best choice by far. Also he's at that time of his career IMO.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Sad for the big guys, specially the one and only Gigi but honestly all those bunch of $#@!ing losers with only two requirements: mediocrity and hate for juve; in the federation should leave for ever and it might help to all those media envy losers to try to be better every day and not make juve worst every day
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't have any particular feelings towards Tavecchio, but what is his main fault, beside hiring Ventura? Considering wages it wasn't an inspired/insane decision. I've seen much more of those on a daily basis in politics and corporate life.

His main responsibilities are in the federation and they are at least trying, since he got elected. Further he was elected by a majority which obviously tries to milk this political vote, therefore his replacement would be in reality a quality improvement in police terms (still the same thing, just more of it). Surely, he did the PC 'unthinkable' and said that Africans from a lower social status tend to eat bananas, but is that why people want him out?
    ADP#10

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    In Europe alone, Spain, France , Germany, Belgium have a better talent pool than Italy. Even Portugal seems to be producing more talented players these days.

As I said, performing in Serie A and performing on the international stage are two different things and a lot of young Italian players are unable to make that step up unlike their European counterparts.

Italy will always continue producing good defenders and hard working CM's but it's the offensive front that really makes them a B level team. I can't see any current Italian attacker that will go on to become a great player in the future.
    It's most of the same strikers Conte had for his QF team, but Belotti for Pellè and an improved and more experienced Insigne, Immobile, SES, Bernardeschi and Zaza. Belotti is the obvious goal threat going forward, the attack needs to be built around he and Insigne.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Its easy to compare the lack of talent between Italy and Spain/France/Germany/Brazil.

However, the thing is, teams like this Sweden who have no star name players, and teams like 300 000 nation Iceland are in the 2018 World Cup. Italy isnt.

That isnt just down to lack of talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -=DJANGO=- View Post
    I don't have any particular feelings towards Tavecchio, but what is his main fault, beside hiring Ventura? Considering wages it wasn't an inspired/insane decision. I've seen much more of those on a daily basis in politics and corporate life.

His main responsibilities are in the federation and they are at least trying, since he got elected. Further he was elected by a majority which obviously tries to milk this political vote, therefore his replacement would be in reality a quality improvement in police terms (still the same thing, just more of it). Surely, he did the PC 'unthinkable' and said that Africans from a lower social status tend to eat bananas, but is that why people want him out?
    He has made some racist and sexist comments in the media during his presidency.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1427 Post(s)
    Some italian barista must have pissed into Xperds coffee once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    Ancelotti is the best choice by far. Also he's at that time of his career IMO.
    Yep.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    The real sad thing is that the WC will probably be extended to include more teams, so if Italy had qualified it would be a million times harder to fail to qualify for another 60+ years
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Italy will always have the depth and qualities that should "guarantee" them qualification to the World Cup and the EURO's.

But the current quality don't really scream future winner anytime soon, and that's a new [low]. Italy are now among tier 2 teams in Europe. Italy simply aren't able to produce world class players.
    well said. I think they've been on this tier for some time. Even the likes of Cheilini and Bonnuci don't hold a candle to Nesta and Cannavaro. Something has gone wrong since the start of the decade and it needs to be addressed.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    well said. I think they've been on this tier for some time. Even the likes of Cheilini and Bonnuci don't hold a candle to Nesta and Cannavaro. Something has gone wrong since the start of the decade and it needs to be addressed.
    No one in the world does and that's because defending has changed. It has made its way to Serie A with ball playing defenders and zonal marking, those days have gone unless the game changes back to conservative football, but why would it? If anything Chiellini is a relic.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post

You're really pessimistic these days mayn
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    It went wrong since the 2006 fiasco and the failure of producing talent like those who won the world cup.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Anyway, I hope this is a wake up call for Italian football that they need to get with the times. But I doubt it, too much politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    How can such a down-fall be this bad?

I still don't understand based on what was Ventura selected as NT coach? Especially that this squad needs someone so good since there aren't real huge names apart from DDR, Buffon and the Juve defenders, the NT needed powerful coach, smart and with outstanding CV to lead this type of squad and yet they couldn't hire anyone but Ventura. VENTURA? If Ventura can coach the NT then almost everyone of us has the chance to coach and become a millionaire with little bit of luck. Starting Darmian who is 3rd choice at Man United for his role? And Gabbiadini who is not even a regular starter at fvcking Southampton? Who is Parolo? I seriously forgot for which team he plays and ignoring Jorginho all this time but decide to play him in the last match only? I am not even angry but this is heartbreaking for a fan and I'm not even Italian and seeing Buffon playing his last Int match under this circumstances and historical shock literally breaks my heart. DDR, Barza and Chiellini also deserved better exit.

And god, the names I see nowadays, from Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro, Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Vieri, Inzaghi, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Camoranesi TO Darmian, Parolo, Candreva, Immobile, Gabbiadini, Florenzi, Eder, Shaarawy, Balotelli, Zaza, Gagliardini etc ... I am yet to see one immense star or name like we used to see before, this is sad for a country that has given so much to football more than any other country IMO.
    Asif mon bebe..
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
    For 3 years I have wondered why my friends kept calling Allegri for Augustus. I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about it. I've been sitting at my desk for hours every week trying to figure it out, coming up with calculations and formulas that weren't correct. Then it hit me, the answer was right in front me all time but I didn't notice it. Augustus was the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire, owning almost all of europe. People loved him. People feared him. It's the same with Allegri, although we know him better as Euromaxx. Allegri, greatest coach in the world at the moment, people love him. People fear him. We need to understand that. Allegri 4 life

And why my female friend keep calling Allegri for Peter North I dont need to figure out.

290, 290, 290, 290, 290... +24
    Honor, Sacrifice, Loyalty

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    ...He has made some racist and sexist comments in the media during his presidency.
    Sure, but is this the reason people want him out? If Italy had won the WC will it matter then?

I am more interested into the principles behind the calls for resignation. One is sporting performance and the other politics and semantics. If the principles for his resignation are not well crafted and thought of - then it will turn into a bigger circus than it already is. From the frying pan right into the fire...

Moreover, I don't see Tavecchio as some kind of a lone wolf. He does what they tell him to do and in essence so will the next guy, unless better priorities are established.
    ADP#10