The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 839
Page 839 of 851 FirstFirst ... 339739789829837838839840841849 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 17020

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dostoevsky View Post
    I still can't believe this happened. Feels like a (bad) dream.

What I can't believe are Ventura's decisions.. If I deliberately tried to get Italy out of the World Cup, I'd put the team he did. I just can't wrap my head around it. How can anyone ever believe this was the right approach for the game? An absolute disaster. The man's reputation has been destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    What I don't understand is Bonucci! He had a face mask in the first half and he took it off in the second. Really mind blogging...
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Donnarumma, Bonucci, Caldara, Rugani, Darmian, Spinazzola, Verratti, Florenzi, Jorginho, Insigne and Belotti is a base of players that is a good starting point.

Perin, Meret, Conti (ACL?), Emerson, Zappacosta, MDS, Gagliardini, Barella, Cristante, Bernardeschi, Verdi, SES, Immobile, Zaza, Inglese, Petagna. These are the squad players who can step up or ship out. Ok maybe I'll include Candreva, at least he tried hard.

- - - Updated - - -

At least the new badge looks nice.
    Add in Chiesa as well, there is talent we just have to utilize it.
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    What I can't believe are Ventura's decisions.. If I deliberately tried to get Italy out of the World Cup, I'd put the team he did. I just can't wrap my head around it. How can anyone ever believe this was the right approach for the game? An absolute disaster. The man's reputation has been destroyed.
    What reputation, man?
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The lesson here is that you have to have a pragmatic coach with a winning track record to coach the national team. Many of the top senior players know a thing or two more than most about tactics and how to win - therefore you need someone they can respect.

Clearly, the players did not have much respect or faith in the coach. That is always going to be a problem especially in times of adversity.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Reports coming out that he fell out with the players after the 1st leg and threatened to resign. The FIGC should have accepted his offer. Maybe bringing in a temporary coach would have given the team the shot in the arm it needed.

Oh, and the coward exited the team hotel in Milan though a back exit so as to avoid the media. $#@!ing scumbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Reports coming out that he fell out with the players after the 1st leg and threatened to resign. The FIGC should have accepted his offer. Maybe bringing in a temporary coach would have given the team the shot in the arm it needed.

Oh, and the coward exited the team hotel in Milan though a back exit so as to avoid the media. $#@!ing scumbag.

I love how he looks and acts like a greasy Italian American mobster

Dude just takes his money and runs. Can't blame him, that's his nature.

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icemaη View Post
    It's Italy. He'll stay and the idiots who voted him in, will stay low for a bit and be back playing games again. Agnelli will still be the only one trying to get some changes and he'll be outvoted as usual. It's Italy, the India of Europe.
    I just hope this is the wake up call
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)

I imagine his talks with the FIGC will be along the lines of "ma vaffanculo" and see you later.

Temporary coach until EuroMax takes over?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    What I don't understand is Bonucci! He had a face mask in the first half and he took it off in the second. Really mind blogging...
    I think it was when Toivonen got subbed he took it off Then two minutes later Thelin hit him in the face
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Small people have big egos. Reading about the row between the players and Ventura shows you this.

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is Italy. You fail to qualify for the world cup and everybody hates you - going the back door makes sense! You could get mobbed, stabbed or killed.

Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kao_ray View Post
    darkest hour was 11 years ago
    That what brought Italy down at the end...
    CAMPIONI D'ITALIA # 35
    LE6END

Cash
    Mentioned
    1886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Over the past couple of years I've seen some successful people here and I've been thinking: how the hell did they make it, they even seem below average people who just had connections and somebody behind their back.

It feels the same when I think about Ventura. Not only his decisions were/are horrible, but to me he looks like a random guy who was picked up from the street to coach, or just dads son who was given the work that he loves just because they are in position to do so. Such people can't look professional in my eyes, they are just way too weird to fit in.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    Italians have a thing for drama. I bet it was some sort of gesture to indicate they should throw all caution out of the window and just go for it.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)

How is that a even a threat?

Players would have gladly accepted it. Spineless $#@!.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    Add in Chiesa as well, there is talent we just have to utilize it.
    There's talent? I'd say on the attacking side of the ball Italy looks like a mediocre European team. Not a single world class player to be fielded. Pathetic.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    How is that a even a threat?

Players would have gladly accepted it. Spineless $#@!.
    It wasn't. He came crying to mommy, because the players suggested a different tactic. He told the figc that 'maybe they should decide who plays'.

Which would have been a much better idea.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    There's talent? I'd say on the attacking side of the ball Italy looks like a mediocre European team. Not a single world class player to be fielded. Pathetic.
    At this moment it's only Verratti, when he shows up. But there are a lot of very good players and no reason why they shouldn't be qualifying for tournaments. Obviously would be nice if they didn't get Spain, France or Germany in a 1+1 qualifying format next time but that's another story. I watched England walk their way through another mediocre qualifying group and tbh that kind roll of the dice is what this troubled Italy needed at that point. But sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and Italy needed this kick up the ass.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    It’s happened to Germany (to a lessser extent), it’s happened(ing) to Brazil and now Italy. The lesson here is that you cannot rely on past glories and if your federation can’t understand the need to get with the times you’re left behind.

They also have failed to understand even the Smallest non-traditional national team has raised to such a level that will give any “big” team trouble in today’s football: In the past this was unthinkable. You watched Brazil - Peru and you expected an easy 5-0 with a hell of a performance. Now not so much.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    2115 Post(s)
    Report: Ventura won’t resign | Football Italia

Reports claim Giampiero Ventura and FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio are both unwilling to resign, despite Italy missing out on the World Cup.

The Azzurri were held to a 0-0 draw by Sweden last night, meaning they will miss out on the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

Ventura pointedly refused to confirm his resignation at last night’s Press conference, and calciomercato.com reports he has no intention of walking away.

The Coach signed a renewal until 2020 in August, and while his position is untenable - not least due to a breakdown of his relationship with the squad - he wants the Federation to sack him, so he’ll be paid off, the website reports.

Tavecchio himself is coming under pressure to resign, but he was cryptic over his future while leaving the hotel in Milan this morning.

“We’re deeply bitter and disappointed to have missed out on qualification for the World Cup,” the President told reporters, after Ventura gone out the back to avoid the scrum.

“It’s a sporting failure which requires a shared solution, and I’ve called a meeting of the Federation for tomorrow to conduct a thorough analysis and decide on our future choices.”

It’s not expected that Ventura will be present at the meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This bitch won’t resign he wants fired so he gets his cut. Now this is something @Turk_Bianconero can be upset about.
    2017/2018 - 13 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.