0 Post(s)

The Azzurri Thread

1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
    Gufo L'Inter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    What happend with the old one?
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's in the WC 2010 section,closed.

Welcome back,buddy
    Gufo L'Inter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Lets just hope Balotelli doesn't play with the NT.
    Asif mon bebe..
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
    For 3 years I have wondered why my friends kept calling Allegri for Augustus. I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about it. I've been sitting at my desk for hours every week trying to figure it out, coming up with calculations and formulas that weren't correct. Then it hit me, the answer was right in front me all time but I didn't notice it. Augustus was the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire, owning almost all of europe. People loved him. People feared him. It's the same with Allegri, although we know him better as Euromaxx. Allegri, greatest coach in the world at the moment, people love him. People fear him. We need to understand that. Allegri 4 life

And why my female friend keep calling Allegri for Peter North I dont need to figure out.

290, 290, 290, 290, 290... +24
    Honor, Sacrifice, Loyalty

Cash
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri7 View Post
    What would you do if both Balotelli and Thiago Motta get called up?
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like his attitude either and he's a douche,but I wouldn't mind him playing for the Azzurri at all.Sadly It's not like Italy has many alternatives right now.
    Gufo L'Inter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    What would you do if both Balotelli and Thiago Motta get called up?
    I'll stop cheering for them.

Balotelli and Thiago Motta the pig will make this Azzurri team uninteresting to watch. Let also alone the likes of Criscito, Gila, Miccoli.
    Asif mon bebe..
    For 3 years I have wondered why my friends kept calling Allegri for Augustus. I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about it. I've been sitting at my desk for hours every week trying to figure it out, coming up with calculations and formulas that weren't correct. Then it hit me, the answer was right in front me all time but I didn't notice it. Augustus was the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire, owning almost all of europe. People loved him. People feared him. It's the same with Allegri, although we know him better as Euromaxx. Allegri, greatest coach in the world at the moment, people love him. People fear him. We need to understand that. Allegri 4 life

And why my female friend keep calling Allegri for Peter North I dont need to figure out.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceℓℓo View Post
    I don't like his attitude either and he's a douche,but I wouldn't mind him playing for the Azzurri at all.Sadly It's not like Italy has many alternatives right now.
    Cassano, Giovinco, Amauri even the oldies Totti or Del Piero are all better options than the douche called Balotelli.
    Asif mon bebe..

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cassano, Giovinco, Amauri even the oldies Totti or Del Piero are all better options than the douche called Balotelli.
    Totti and Del Piero are obviously class,but we have to build a young squad with a view to the EC 2012 and the WC 2014. Italy should have already made the generation change after the success in 2006,but they didn't. The result is an OK EC2008 and a disastrous WC 2010.

Amauri has scored 2 goals against semi-professionals,let's get not carried away.He has still a lot to prove.
    Gufo L'Inter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Amauri has scored 2 goals against semi-professionals,let's get not carried away.He has still a lot to prove.
    I didn't mention Amauri due to the two goals scored few days ago.

On a serious note though, Balotelli has done nothing to deserve a place in the NT.
    Asif mon bebe..

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's take a look at some of the players at Prandelli's disposal.

Goalkeepers: Buffon,Sirigu,Storari,Marchetti,Consigli,Mirante,V iviano,Curci

Fullbacks: Motta,Maggio,Abate,Santon,Criscito,De Ceglie,Cassani,Masiello,De Silvestri,Antonini,Balzaretti

Centerbacks: Chiellini,Bonucci,Ranocchia,Bocchetti,Gamberini,Sa ntacroce,Astori

Midfielders: De Rossi,Candreva,Marchisio,Palombo,Poli,Montolivo,Pe pe,D'Agostino,Foggia,Galloppa

Attackers: Balotelli,Cassano,Miccoli,Pazzini,Macheda,Marilung o,G.Rossi,Giovinco,Gilardino,Quagliarella,Palladin o,Lanzafame, Acquafresca,Matri,Paloschi,Zarate(?)

______

Off the top of my head.That's pretty awesome,at least on paper.
    Gufo L'Inter.

Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Totti and Del Piero are obviously class,but we have to build a young squad with a view to the EC 2012 and the WC 2014. Italy should have already made the generation change after the success in 2006,but they didn't. The result is an OK EC2008 and a disastrous WC 2010.

Who are the older players Prandelli plans to call?
    I guess he'll still call Pirlo and Buffon will be a certainty once he's back, but what about the others?

Zambrotta, Iaquinta, Di Natale? Are there any indications who's gonna be called for the next couple of matches?

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Who are the older players Prandelli plans to call?
    I guess he'll still call Pirlo and Buffon will be a certainty once he's back, but what about the others?

Zambrotta, Iaquinta, Di Natale? Are there any indications who's gonna be called for the next couple of matches?
    So far no indications at all I think,Iaquinta is still injured.I certainly hope to never see the likes of Di Natale again.We simply have to make a cut and give other players a chance.
    Gufo L'Inter.

Lane Bowling Champion Alien Bounce Champion Gold Miner Special Edition Champion Gold Strike Champion Zelda Champion
    Desert Hunter Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    We simply have to make a cut and give other players a chance.
    Definitely.

I don't see too much top quality in that list you posted, compared to some previous Italian teams, or the current Spanish team, but there is potential and youth, and if those guys play together for years, then they might grow into a very good and well gelled team.
    The problem is that so far the FIGC hasn't been giving many chances to coaches who failed to achieve great results and in the beginning this Italian team might not make finals or semis. If the federation is patient with the coach, the results will come. Instead of preparing for 2012 the emphasis should be put on WC 2014 because that's when most of those players on your list are expected to be in their best years.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Theres talk of him maybe calling up Zambrotta as a LB in the upcmng friendly (if Santon and Criscito are unavailable from injury etc)

And FWIW I agree with you 100% Alen. Theres certainly potential in that group of players, but they'll probably peak in 2014 if used correctly. Im hoping Prandelli is given a chance to build the team til then.
    Last edited by Bianconero_Aus; 01.08.2010 at 16:10.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Thanks Marcello, though still here, will be home in 2 days.

And yeah, even if I wouldnt say its awesome selection, it oughta be a refreshing one, I for one cant wait to see the likes of Balotelli, Cassano, Miccoli, Rossi etc getting a real chance.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Let's take a look at some of the players at Prandelli's disposal.

Goalkeepers: Buffon,Sirigu,Storari,Marchetti,Consigli,Mirante,V iviano,Curci

Fullbacks: Motta,Maggio,Abate,Santon,Criscito,De Ceglie,Cassani,Masiello,De Silvestri,Antonini,Balzaretti

Centerbacks: Chiellini,Bonucci,Ranocchia,Bocchetti,Gamberini,Sa ntacroce,Astori

Midfielders: De Rossi,Candreva,Marchisio,Palombo,Poli,Montolivo,Pe pe,D'Agostino,Foggia,Galloppa

Attackers: Balotelli,Cassano,Miccoli,Pazzini,Macheda,Marilung o,G.Rossi,Giovinco,Gilardino,Quagliarella,Palladin o,Lanzafame, Acquafresca,Matri,Paloschi,Zarate(?)

______

Off the top of my head.That's pretty awesome,at least on paper.
    I'd also add Lazzari, Sorrentino, Mantovani, Guarente and Borriello as options.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Definitely.

I don't see too much top quality in that list you posted, compared to some previous Italian teams, or the current Spanish team, but there is potential and youth, and if those guys play together for years, then they might grow into a very good and well gelled team.
    The problem is that so far the FIGC hasn't been giving many chances to coaches who failed to achieve great results and in the beginning this Italian team might not make finals or semis. If the federation is patient with the coach, the results will come. Instead of preparing for 2012 the emphasis should be put on WC 2014 because that's when most of those players on your list are expected to be in their best years.
    It's a joke of a list compared to some previous Italian teams,that's quite obvious.Italy is missing the Baggios,Del Pieros and Tottis.

I personally would play the qualification with loads of newcomers,even at the risk of not making it.The truth is,playing with youngsters isn't even that risky.Italy should take Germany as an example when it comes to giving youth a chance and even dropping star players(Frings for example).

Regarding Zambrotta and the bunch,they should have the guts to retire and make room for the youth.Gattuso is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Thanks Marcello, though still here, will be home in 2 days.

And yeah, even if I wouldnt say its awesome selection, it oughta be a refreshing one, I for one cant wait to see the likes of Balotelli, Cassano, Miccoli, Rossi etc getting a real chance.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I'd also add Lazzari, Sorrentino, Mantovani, Guarente and Borriello as options.
    Nice,I knew I forgot some.Can't wait to see what Guarente will do at Sevilla.
    Gufo L'Inter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Prandelli reveals plans for Italy
    Monday 2 August, 2010
    Cesare Prandelli has spoken in detail for the first time about his plans for Italy, which include calling up Mario Balotelli, Antonio Cassano and oriundi like Amauri.

The 52-year-old took over from Marcello Lippi earlier this month and will name his first squad on Friday ahead of a friendly against the Ivory Coast at Upton Park on August 10.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Prandelli was asked to describe how his life has changed since he assumed control of the Azzurri.

“I haven’t changed. Other people have changed in their behaviour towards me. I feel greater attention around me. Suddenly everyone is trying to get hold of me and everyone stops me in the street.

“I thought that other Coaches had more experience than me, that’s all. Then, I didn’t imagine getting the national team job, but after the first two weeks in which I felt a bit discombobulated now I have eased into my new role as Commissario Tecnico.”

Prandelli then explained his philosophy, which revolves around giving young players a chance at the highest level.

“In effect there aren’t solutions to resolve all the problems quickly. The first move is to start from low, using to our advantage the academies that start with technique as their basis because Italian football doesn’t lack quality. It just lacks the idea of expressing quality and that is different.

“I have already spoken with Casiraghi and when I can, I will go and watch all the games of the various Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 games.”

The former Fiorentina tactician was later asked what formation he intends to play with the Azzurri.

“Definitely with a four-man defence. We could play with a 4-2-3-1 that could also be a 4-3-2-1. The important thing is to exploit the length of the pitch, keeping the right distance between the lines.

“Aside from formations, we must rediscover the enthusiasm. I am not interested in finding a leader. The leader must be the blue shirt.”

Prandelli also gave an insight into what his selection policy will be like over the coming months.

“I called Buffon to know how he was. He will be our captain and I hope that he comes to watch us in September when we play in Florence.

“After Buffon, I called Gattuso because he has been a great personality, a symbol of La Nazionale and a world champion. I wanted to thank him again for everything that he has done because even if he’ll no longer be in the national team, he remains an example.”

Finally, Prandelli was asked about Mario Balotelli, Antonio Cassano and Amauri.

“I will only call up those who are playing for their team. It isn’t important where that is, so I would prefer Balotelli to be a regular in England than a reserve in Italy.

“I believe in Cassano’s maturation because one of his phrases impressed me during my brief time at Roma. I asked him if he was going out with anyone and he replied that he would like to have a child, but only with a girl who was in love with Antonio and not Cassano. So I believe that Carolina is the key to his maturation.

“If we play with a 4-2-3-1 with a centre-forward on his own up front, Cassano can be in the middle and Balotelli on the left. But that doesn’t mean they’ll play together in London because these call-ups will be a little strange.

“I have a list of 60 players who can get into the national team. This friendly arrives very soon with few concrete reference points for me because not all of them have played. So I will call up 23 or 24 players, giving precedence to those I know the least and those who up until now have played the most [in pre-season].

“As a rule Amauri is in line with this idea, but there is also Borriello for the attack and I still have a week to make the definitive decisions.”
    STREET CONTE

Cash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Brilliant news that Buffon will be captain. Was worried Pirlo might get it.
    "Giocare nella Juventus significa non accontentarsi mai. Vinto lo scudetto? Bene, c' la Champions. Vinta la Champions? Bene, c' l'Intercontinentale. Vinta l'Intercontinentale? Bene, c' da rivincere lo scudetto. C' sempre poco tempo per festeggiare." - Marcello Lippi