The Azzurri Thread - International football - Juventuz Forums - Page 749
Page 749 of 749 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749
Results 14,961 to 14,963 of 14963
    Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    You have a point, especially Belotti who is having the kind of deadly season very few do, but Cassano's way to perform wasnt like this, and Insigne is yet to reach Cassano Roma level IMO. Which is pretty much the only place were he was consistently great for longer stretch, and not just super skilled or talented.
    It could be that Cassano at Roma was better. In any case I don't think its too far in either direction between them, which is a good thing. What brings peace of mind with Insigne is that its almost certain that he will always perform to a good level, be it scoring, assisting or creating play. At worst he will run a ton and cover ground. With Cassano it was usually a lottery to see who would show up, the magician or the asshole.

The big question is El Shaarawy, he is still inconsistent, but that maybe that could be because he is not a starter at Roma. I haven't given up on him to come through at top level, although for the NT he won't be much more than a super sub. Insigne and Bernardeschi should always be looked at first. Berardi is the big one, if he makes the jump to a big team successfully and replaces Candreva then it will be great.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Allways liked El sharaawy, but he is not the same after injuries and confidence, also he basically become a winger, and he does not have the end product for that role. He was a counter attacking ss for Milan early on, and showed his lethal touch given that task and doing it with confidence. But litterally cant be that player anymore it seems.

When it comes to Cassano in Roma, there is a reason Real signed him for alot of money. He basically looked like Totti and Del Piero heir as nr 10, pissed away all that talent due to his 2 cells brained mental midgetry.
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    El Shaarawy has played some games in the center lately, as a rotation option for Dzeko some times and it looks better than his winger self imo, I agree with you on that. He would look good in a 3-4-3 like Fiorentina play, where the 2 "wingers" (Bernardeschi, Valero or Ilicic) play more centrally and the wing backs overlap. Roma played some of that this season, but Nainggolan took the role on the left and Salah on the right, with Dzeko in front.