The General News Thread (1 Viewer)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I figured it was worth having a thread for bits of news that don't really require having their own threads. Keep the place tidier and a space for smaller bits of news that dont normally get posted.

I searched and couldn't find anything similar and if one of the mod disagrees with me they can padlock this and yellow card me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher Hitchens' Cancer: Author Undergoing Chemotherapy For Esophageal Cancer

Christopher Hitchens has been diagnosed with esophageal cancer.

The Vanity Fair and Slate columnist and author of recent memoir Hitch 22 recently suspended his book tour for what was described as "personal reasons."

Now, he reveals in a statement:

I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus. This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice.

Hitchens, a well-known smoker, attempted in 2008 to quit but reportedly still smokes, according to a recent Washington Post article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/30/christopher-hitchens-canc_n_631429.html

Its sad when this happens to anyone, especially someone i hold so much respect for.

I hope he gets better soon!

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Motta agrees Juve move

Thursday 1 July, 2010

Udinese full-back Marco Motta has accepted an offer to join Juventus, according to this morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 24-year-old is Juventus' latest transfer target after the signings of Leonardo Bonucci, Simone Pepe, Jorge Martinez and Marco Storari.

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has secured the player's consent and will now try and agree a fee with Udinese.

Marotta is expected to meet Gino Pozzo, his opposite number in Friuli, later today.

La Gazzetta understands the deal will be similar to that done for Pepe whereby Juventus loan Motta for a year with a pre-arranged fee at the end of that agreement, which will be payable in three installments.

Juventus will pay €500,000 to loan Motta, who they will then have the option to sign for €5m.

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    So now we can't post a new thread for news. Thanks a lot Jas :rolleyes:
    That isnt what i meant, i wanted to share a load of stuff before but there wasnt any point in opening a thread to do it, so i figured it was easier to make a thread to put topical stuff like what i posted in.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    That isnt what i meant, i wanted to share a load of stuff before but there wasnt any point in opening a thread to do it, so i figured it was easier to make a thread to put topical stuff like what i posted in.
    :hi:

Too bad the mods are gonna use it as an excuse to prevent, well, almost every new thread here from now on.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    The same reason they prevent you from opening a new thread when there's already an old one on the same topic.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I never said it is. I only blamed Jasper of giving them a thread as an excuse to close all the new related threads while quoting this thread's URL and asking whoever opened it to continue here.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Shall we start a politics thread for all the politics discussions that don't need a separate thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)