Marco 'The Escape Goat' Motta (4 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 14 May 1986 (1986-05-14) (age 24)
Place of birth Merate, Italy
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 76 kg
Playing position Right back​

Motta began his career with Atalanta but due to their relegation, he moved to Udinese Calcio in a co-ownership deal (i.e. sold the 50% rights) for the start of the 2005–06 Serie A season. Udinese got full ownership in summer 2007.

On 28 July 2007, Torino Calcio announced the loan signing of Motta from Udinese.[1] He then returned back to Udinese, only to be loaned out to Roma on February 1, 2009. Motta arrived on a free loan until the end of the season with the right to buy up half his contract in June for €3.5million or outright for €7million in three installments.[2]

Motta made his debut for Roma on 8 February 2009, coming on as a substitute in the 31st minute in Roma's 3–0 victory against Genoa. He impressed both his new club's supporters and his new coach, Luciano Spalletti. In his various post-match press conferences with Roma Channel and Sky Italia, Spalletti said "Motta gets my compliments for that performance. It's not easy to enter onto the field at the Olimpico for the first time in front of a crowd like ours, with whom it's difficult to exhibit tranquility. He has great speed, force and technical quality, and he was very good in the defensive phase of the game. He played with great personality."

On 24 June 2009 Roma exercised their right to sign half of Motta's contract.[3] He failed to became regular starter and the two clubs failed to agree price on him, and on 26 June 2010 Udinese repurchased Motta after winning the auction.

International career

Since 2005, Motta has been a member of the Italy U-21 national team. In 2007, after the Euro U-21, he was named captain of the side. He also represented Italy at the 2008 Summer Olympics.

On 22 March 2009, Motta received his first call-up to the Italian national team for the games against Montenegro and the Republic of Ireland but remained an unused substitute.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Official: Juve sign Motta
Friday 2 July, 2010
Juventus have made Udinese full-back Marco Motta their fifth signing of the summer, according to reports in the Italian media.

The 25-year-old will initially join on loan for €500,000 with a right-to-buy inserted into the agreement worth €5m.

Motta has signed a four-year contract and will form part of the new Juventus headed by Andrea Agnelli, Gigi Del Neri and Beppe Marotta.

Juventus have already brought in the likes of Simone Pepe, Leonardo Bonucci, Marco Storari and Jorge Martinez.

However, it's widely believed that the club will have to sell before it can next venture into the transfer market.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He's one of the few RBs I wanted us to join. I always rated him, even while being at Atalanta.

Very good move IMO and I can't wait to see him play for us.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Completely unknown for me. I watched a couple of matches with Roma where he was just average.

But anyway, he can't be as bad as Grygera or Zebina, or can he?

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Motta agrees Juve move
Thursday 1 July, 2010

Udinese full-back Marco Motta has accepted an offer to join Juventus, according to this morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 24-year-old is Juventus' latest transfer target after the signings of Leonardo Bonucci, Simone Pepe, Jorge Martinez and Marco Storari.

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has secured the player's consent and will now try and agree a fee with Udinese.

Marotta is expected to meet Gino Pozzo, his opposite number in Friuli, later today.

La Gazzetta understands the deal will be similar to that done for Pepe whereby Juventus loan Motta for a year with a pre-arranged fee at the end of that agreement, which will be payable in three installments.

Juventus will pay €500,000 to loan Motta, who they will then have the option to sign for €5m.

Football Italia

Jul 2, 2006
No he doesn't, he was forced here. Why are you all the time questioning everything? Do you hate yourself?
:disagree:
i want to be sure about this infamous article

Motta agrees Juve move
Thursday 1 July, 2010

Udinese full-back Marco Motta has accepted an offer to join Juventus, according to this morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 24-year-old is Juventus' latest transfer target after the signings of Leonardo Bonucci, Simone Pepe, Jorge Martinez and Marco Storari.

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has secured the player's consent and will now try and agree a fee with Udinese.

Marotta is expected to meet Gino Pozzo, his opposite number in Friuli, later today.

La Gazzetta understands the deal will be similar to that done for Pepe whereby Juventus loan Motta for a year with a pre-arranged fee at the end of that agreement, which will be payable in three installments.

Juventus will pay €500,000 to loan Motta, who they will then have the option to sign for €5m.

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)