Hernanes - CM - São Paulo (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth May 29, 1985 (1985-05-29) (age 25)
Place of birth Recife, Brazil
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Weight 76 kg
Playing position Midfielder​

Anderson Hernanes de Carvalho Andrade Lima who is simply known as Hernanes, is a two footed central midfield player. Hernanes currently plays for Sao Paulo in Brazil and is rated highly among his peers and throughout South America.
The Brazilian has recently been atrracting attention from all of the top clubs across Europe, such as Inter Milan, Barcelona and Chelsea.
He has taken a long time to come to prominence but it seems to be well worth the wait.

Hernanes was born in Recife in 1985. The young Brazilian joined Sao Paulo in 2001 and progressed extremely well through their acclaimed academy. He spent one season on loan at Santo Andre where he notched an impressive six goals in twenty-two appearances from midfield. Since his return from loan he has been an ever present in the Sao Paulo first team.

Hernanes made his international bow after impressing Dunga with a string of accomplished performances. He made his debut against Republic of Ireland. The game ended up with Brazil taking a one nil victory. The match itself was a very lacklustre affair but after coming off the bench Hernanaes certainly made an impression with his neat distribution.

Being Brazilian and from Sao Paulo there was the obvious comparisons with Kaka, with many arguing that the latter is the more technically gifted player. South American football expert Tim Vickery has said that, “ there’s no-one better in Brazilian football at the moment”. Just to confirm this fact he was voted the Premio Craque do Brasileirao. This is given to the best player in the Brazilian league. To top off a successful 2008 he was selected for the Brazilian Olympics team where he help guide the team to a bronze medal. Finally in 2009 he was voted as the most promising player in the Times list of the top 50 rising stars.

Technically Hernanes is flawless being as gifted with his right foot as he is with his left. Many scouts have been surprised to find out that he is left footed due to the fact he is so adept with his right. The Brazilian is 5ft 11 and of a slight build but more than makes up for this with his ability to keep the ball. Instead of comparing him to Kaka who is renowned for his direct running and composure in front of goal, Hernanes should be drawing comparsions with the likes of Cesc Fabregas. His key attributes are his vision and mobility. He seems to have a natural talent of controlling a game due to his calmness and ability to play the ball at ease with either foot.

A move to Europe surely must be on the cards, with the likes of Barcelona and Inter Milan circling this rare talent. Hernanes unlike some other Brazilian youth talent has opted to stay in the country of his birth in order to earn his trade before he takes the leap into European football. With so many plaudits and fans its almost a certainty that his will take to European football like a duck to water.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Just wanted to post it because of the hat. :D

He could end up at Lazio unless we offer more. :mute:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    One Brazilian guy, football fanatic who follows Santos told me that P. Henrique is amazing talent, that he reminds him of Zidane.

Anywayz, about Hernanes, does he own EU passport?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    once again those who want ganso you seen him in the paulista league or youtube?
    Brasil U-20 games (before he was known much), in the youth WC latest (didnt have a good tourno), around 5-6 Santos games, latest being the Vasco game earlier this month I think (no Neymar or Robinho who are the reason I occasionally watch them, so wasnt as fun). Just few games to get an impression of a class talent.

But he will be very overpriced by Santos, so wouldnt say its worth it unless its a real priority to get that kind of player. But I defenitely prefer him to Hernanes on talent alone, the latter doesnt impress me at all, and from Brasilians I know, all say has been nothing but average for a year and a half or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)