Tactics and Formations - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 212
Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4298
  1. #4221
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,544
    Cash
    12,595
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    I'm sure Kean and Pjaca will be gone before the window closes, so without them our first team:

    gk: woj, perin, pinsoglio
    d: bonucci, benatia, barzagli, rugani, chiellini, de sciglio, sandro, cancelo, (spinazzola)
    m: can, pjanič, matuidi, khedira, marchisio, sturaro, bentancur
    a: dybala, mario, ronaldo, costa, berna, cuads

    this is still too heavy, without spinazzola we have 24 guys, so one CM should be going away, hopefully it's Sturaro. given how no one else is seriously rumored to move apart from homegrown Marchisio, I think it's also safe to assume that no new signings will be made
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    What a bad signing Ronaldo is. He's so old.

  2. #4222
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,385
    Cash
    15,608
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    best starting lineup, before we get to know how cr7 gels with the rest of the squad?

    my guess is that allegri will be reluctant to bench mandzukic, and he also cannot bench dybala, costa and cr7, so i'd put my money on a 4-2-3-1 with pjanic as a rock solid starter, and allegri rotating can, khedira and matuidi. then we'll start to have some injuries, a dip in form, so we might change formation as early as end of august.


  3. #4223
    Juventolog Cronios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burn the heretic!!
    Posts
    24,481
    Cash
    9,696
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    The 4 man defense is out of the question, as our wingbacks lack defensive skills, so does our new captain (Bonucci)
    Chiellini would be the single defender who can defend in that defense, not even RM doesn't play so offensive
    Brace your selves brothers, dark days are coming...

  4. #4224
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,196
    Cash
    5,079
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    best starting lineup, before we get to know how cr7 gels with the rest of the squad?

    my guess is that allegri will be reluctant to bench mandzukic, and he also cannot bench dybala, costa and cr7, so i'd put my money on a 4-2-3-1 with pjanic as a rock solid starter, and allegri rotating can, khedira and matuidi. then we'll start to have some injuries, a dip in form, so we might change formation as early as end of august.

    Naa I think Allegri is going to stick to the 433/442, even when he didnt have the personnel he still stuck to this formation in pre-season

    Mandu and Matuidi are just back from the holidays

    The other WC players have only been training for a week

    I reckon fitness and march sharpness will dictate the first few lineups

  5. #4225
    Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Im not sure
    Posts
    2,433
    Cash
    4,531
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think this lineup will be what we use

    ------------------------Ronaldo--------------------Costa--
    --------------Dybala--------------------------------

    ----------Matuidi----------------------Can----------

    ------------------------Pjanic-------------------------
    Sandro---------------------------------------------Cancelo
    ----------------Chiellini---------Bon/Ben-----------------


    This gives us tactical flexibility. We can do a number of things. We can move Costa and dybala positions to create more width on either side.
    Also if we need a creative player more centrally we can play similar to France and mave Matuidi occupy more of the left while either Ronaldo or Dybala drop in to recieve the ball negating our lack of an offensive CM. We can take turns pushing Sandro and Cancelo high and they can both be covered. Plus with Costa on the right we can drop into a 4-4-2 defensive shape that Max likes.
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”

  6. #4226
    Juventuz bench MrMonkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    654
    Cash
    1,842
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardavids2608 View Post
    I think this lineup will be what we use

    ------------------------Ronaldo--------------------Costa--
    --------------Dybala--------------------------------

    ----------Matuidi----------------------Can----------

    ------------------------Pjanic-------------------------
    Sandro---------------------------------------------Cancelo
    ----------------Chiellini---------Bon/Ben-----------------
    Like these 11 to be 1st team for now. Maybe I over emphasize offense, but would like if possible Berna or Cuads being able to handle a MF spot at times instead of Can and Matuidi. And who knows if Bentancur ends ups playing better than Can? If all goes well, really see no reason Khedira would be needed unless injuries arise.

  7. #4227
    55k stadium or riot vodka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    3,402
    Cash
    2,274
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
    Like these 11 to be 1st team for now. Maybe I over emphasize offense, but would like if possible Berna or Cuads being able to handle a MF spot at times instead of Can and Matuidi. And who knows if Bentancur ends ups playing better than Can? If all goes well, really see no reason Khedira would be needed unless injuries arise.
    but to release khedira so we could force wingers to play out of position and gamble on them doing better there? Does not sound like a great plan, rather extremely inefficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    Panicking over a Primavera signing? Juventuz.

  8. #4228
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    31,101
    Cash
    56,069
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    You all forget to add Khedira to your starting lineup.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  9. #4229
    Juventuz regular Catenaccio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,462
    Cash
    4,628
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would not in the least be surprised if we run with a 352 this year given we have 5 central defenders and 4 players who would make decent wing backs:

    -----------------------------Szczesny--------------------------

    -----------------Benatia----Bonucci----Chiellini--------------

    Cancelo/Cuad----Can----Pjanic----Matuidi----Sandro/Costa

    -------------Dybala/Mandzukic-----Ronaldo------------------

    With this squad you could almost play any formation though.

    - - - Updated - - -

  10. #4230
    Juventuz champion Juvellino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,011
    Cash
    10,243
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    433
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    DC-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    343
    Szczesny/Perin
    Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-AS
    Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Cuadrados-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
    Dybala-Ronaldo
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

    "Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

  11. #4231
    Juventuz regular

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    Cash
    5,373
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Douglas Costa
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo-Douglas Costa

    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Douglas Costa-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    Szczesny/Perin
    Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Alex Sandro
    Dybala-Ronaldo-Douglas Costa
    They all look great to be honest, however I doubt that Allegri will play a back four with two fullbacks who are better in offense. Afterall Allegri likes to play with one attacking fullback and one defensive. Great to have a lot of alternatives for a coach like Allegri, who likes to switch between formations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Douglas Costa
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo-Douglas Costa

    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
    Douglas Costa-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    Szczesny/Perin
    Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Alex Sandro
    Dybala-Ronaldo-Douglas Costa
    They all look great to be honest, however I doubt that Allegri will play a back four with two fullbacks who are better in offense. Afterall Allegri likes to play with one attacking fullback and one defensive. Great to have a lot of alternatives for a coach like Allegri, who likes to switch between formations.

  12. #4232
    Forza Vesuvio piotrr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    warsaw
    Posts
    27,677
    Cash
    4,989,022
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)

  13. #4233
    Juventuz champion Juvellino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,011
    Cash
    10,243
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolph View Post
    They all look great to be honest, however I doubt that Allegri will play a back four with two fullbacks who are better in offense. Afterall Allegri likes to play with one attacking fullback and one defensive. Great to have a lot of alternatives for a coach like Allegri, who likes to switch between formations.
    You might be right but Allegri would pair Dani Alves with Alex Sandro so I guess we will see. I can't wait to see how the squad looks.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

    "Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

  14. #4234
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,194
    Cash
    62,346
    Mentioned
    2630 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Mandzo
    Völler is here with DAi.

  15. #4235
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,196
    Cash
    5,079
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    433
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    DC-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
    Dybala-Ronaldo

    343
    Szczesny/Perin
    Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-AS
    Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

    442
    Szczesny/Perin
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
    Cuadrados-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
    Dybala-Ronaldo
    you're still missing Khedira

  16. #4236
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    31,101
    Cash
    56,069
    Mentioned
    2038 Post(s)
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  17. #4237
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,544
    Cash
    12,595
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    you're still missing Khedira
    the biggest problem of Juve 18/19
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    What a bad signing Ronaldo is. He's so old.

  18. #4238
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,532
    Cash
    11,518
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    I missed the match today. Did Max start 4-2-3-1 with Cuadrado at RB?

  19. #4239
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,641
    Cash
    20,862
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I missed the match today. Did Max start 4-2-3-1 with Cuadrado at RB?
    Yes, with a front four of Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo and Bernardeschi

  20. #4240
    Juventuz champion MikeM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,532
    Cash
    11,518
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Yes, with a front four of Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo and Bernardeschi
    Looks like Cuadrado can cover RB this year and MDS can cover LB. No choice really, I don't see 4 fullbacks in the team.

    I wonder if Max has evil thoughts to play Cuadrado as the RB starter and Cancelo as a LM/RM backup at the beginning of the season.

Similar Threads

  1. Tactics and Formations 09/2010
    By Azzurri7 in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 1466
    Last Post: 20.06.2010, 16:00
  2. tactics and formations
    By sateeh in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 2682
    Last Post: 04.06.2009, 22:56
  3. World Cup Formations Thread
    By Bjerknes in forum World Cup 2006
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02.06.2006, 15:47
  4. New Manager New Tactics
    By arc in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26.05.2004, 11:53
  5. CM4 Tactics
    By Stu in forum The Gaming Zone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 22.11.2003, 07:59

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •