Mattia Cassani - RB - Palermo (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Date of birth August 26, 1983 (age 26)
Place of birth Borgomanero, Italy
Height 1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Right back​

We wanted him 4 years ago and we still do. As you probably know, he's a right back currently playing for Palermo.

And sadly, Giovinco might be the key to get him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He seems to be linked an awful lot, throw in our relationship with Palermo and his Juve past and there is probably something in it.

New Zambrotta? :shifty:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
To be honest, if giovinco is going to be on bench again next season, we may as well use him to get players like cassani...who knows, giovinco plus cash may get us cassani and kjaer, i say got for it.

Jul 15, 2006
I don't think too many of our current crop are capable of producing something like that. Still I condider him to be better defensively than attacking. All in all a very good candidate for rb.
Well, Zebina can also claim he's nutmegged Zidane in his career. Besides, Cassani shouldn't be first choice.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I guess, once again, we are settling for the easier option, when we can go for better. However, if Gio is going to be part of this deal, then no fucking way. Cassani isn't even worth 1/2 of Gio's value, let alone paying money and Gio to get him.

Oct 8, 2009
I guess, once again, we are settling for the easier option, when we can go for better. However, if Gio is going to be part of this deal, then no fucking way. Cassani isn't even worth 1/2 of Gio's value, let alone paying money and Gio to get him.
I seriously doubt the deal would be Gio+ money or even Gio in a straight swap. IF I I was presented with a choice of Caceres or Cassani I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat. Sure it'd be nice to get Srna or someone but there aren't too many options or atleast better than Cassani because Lahms of the world certainly aren't coming our way.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How strong are the links with Cassani? Anything reliable?

He would for sure be an improvement over our current RBs as a starter or backup.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Both him and Cathereth could be ideal since we will need 2 RBs, 2LBs and 4 CBS.

Cassani would be the starting RB while Caceres would fill the 4th choice CB spot in our squad but be used more regularly as a cover at RB instead of the one of Zebina or Grygera that we keep to make up the numbers. I'm sure that Barcelona can be convinced to lower their asking price somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)