Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (5 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Del Neri made his professional debut as player at the age of 16 for Spal, Ferrara's football team, for which he had worked as storer. After playing for Foggia and Novara, he moved to Udinese, with whom he gained promotion to Serie A, Italy's top division. He was later traded to Sampdoria, and then to Lanerossi Vicenza, Siena, Pro Gorizia and Opitergina, an amateur team from Oderzo, where he ended his playing career at 34.

After his retirement as a player, Del Neri stayed at Oderzo, appointed by chairman Ettore Setten (now owner of Treviso) as head coach. In 1986 he signed for Serie D team Pro Gorizia. He then coached Partinicaudace, a minor Sicilian Serie D team, in 1989, Teramo, Ravenna, Novara and Nocerina of Serie C2; with this last team he won the league and promotion to Serie C1. He then moved to Ternana of Serie C2, guiding it to Serie B after two consecutive promotions.

In 1998, after his second consecutive promotion, he was signed by Empoli of Serie A, but was fired before starting the championship, and was then recalled by his former team Ternana at the Serie B level.

In 2000 he signed with Chievo Verona of Serie B, a team representing a small quarter of Verona. It was the beginning of the so-called "Chievo miracle", in which the team was promoted to Serie A and then even qualified for the UEFA Cup in its first season at the highest level of Italian football.

In the summer of 2004, Del Neri was signed by Champions' League holders FC Porto, but, as with Empoli, was fired before making his debut. He maintained that he wanted to return to Italy for personal reasons. Signed in October 2004 by AS Roma, replacing Rudi Völler, he in turn left this position in March 2005 after a dismaying series of defeats, which were regarded as only partially the fault of Del Neri.

In mid-2005 he accepted the offer of US Palermo to coach the Sicilian team, which had also qualified for the UEFA Cup. After a good beginning, including a surprising 3–2 win against Inter Milan and qualification to the UEFA Cup group stages, the team started producing poor results, slowly losing position in the Serie A table. After a 3–1 defeat at home against Siena, Del Neri was fired on January 28, 2006.

On October 16, 2006, Del Neri returned to coach Chievo Verona, replacing Giuseppe Pillon. Despite a good start, he did not manage to save his side from relegation, losing a spot in the following season's Serie A with a dramatic 2–0 loss to Catania on the final match day. Following the relegation, Del Neri announced he was going to leave Chievo. He was announced as new Atalanta boss in June 2007. After two seasons in Bergamo he left to take over at Sampdoria on June 1, 2009.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of course, the big poll question if you have to open this thread, Mark, is will he last longer at Juve than he did at Porto. :cry:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    I wanna see our mercato first and see what he can do with that.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    will be intersting to see if he just signs a one year deal to get us cl, or if its long term.

i am willing to give him a chance, im not happy but i hope he changes my mind.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    If he's already here then water is already spilled, all we can do now is welcome him with open arms and hope the results will come but before all, some name ffs.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    We must give the man two seasons. I've been always against this guy, but Juve need to give him that before drawing any conclusions. The last man to get two complete seasons was Fabio Capello pre-calciopoli. Damn, even Ancelotti had more than two seasons.

Good luck to the old man and Juve.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    not my or anyone else's first choice...but we could have done much worse. So...I will offer him my complete support, and hope that him and marotta can weave their magic on a grander scale than they have done at Samp.

And we should ALL note, that despite qualifying Samp for the champions league they are coming to us. WHy??? Because they both MUST feel that they can take us significantly higher than they have taken Samp...and though that is of course open to debate, I will choose to hold onto it, and hope and expect a far brighter future than our recent dark past and present. Forza Marotta, Forza Del Neri and Forza Juve...

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    not my or anyone else's first choice...but we could have done much worse. So...I will offer him my complete support, and hope that him and marotta can weave their magic on a grander scale than they have done at Samp.

And we should ALL note, that despite qualifying Samp for the champions league they are coming to us. WHy??? Because they both MUST feel that they can take us significantly higher than they have taken Samp...and though that is of course open to debate, I will choose to hold onto it, and hope and expect a far brighter future than our recent dark past and present. Forza Marotta, Forza Del Neri and Forza Juve...
    unforyunately,he was the boards choice, well what can you do? welcome aboard Gigi,hope you have thick skin

Mar 10, 2009
    This is BS!!!!!

He couldn't help roma in 2005 and ran away from them when they were at a low, which idiotic brain at the juve board, thought he'd help us out from our crises?

expect him to go by Christmas

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    So, is he the strict disciplinarian that we seem to have needed for a while now? I'm not sure, but he did leave Cassano out of the team for a number of games (not even calling him up iirc) a few months ago, so that does at least give me some hope.

I must say I'm surprised that we have dealt with this matter so quickly, considering the season only ended yesterday. So at least Del Neri will have a lot of time to carry out the necessary preparations and Marotta (or whoever) will have plenty of time to go out & get the reinforcements based on what Del Neri wants/needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)