Giuseppe Marotta - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1960

View Poll Results: Beppe, renew contract or not?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

102 65.38%
  • NO

54 34.62%
Page 1960 of 1991 FirstFirst ... 9601460186019101950195819591960196119621970 ... LastLast
Results 39,181 to 39,200 of 39810

At Hustini's home computer, secretly changing his location
    Cash
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    2 solutions to this problem

#1) Exor starts to invest heavily into this club

or

#2) The club gets sold to a Chinese/Russian/Middle Eastern conglomerate

Because no matter who is running these transfers, these issues that we are facing are going to be here unless 1 of the 2 scenarios happen.
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post

or

Because no matter who is running these transfers, these issues that we are facing are going to be here unless 1 of the 2 scenarios happen.
    You forgot #3) Sell Dybala

Cash
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    You forgot #3) Sell Dybala
    There is no #3 to this.

The only way that this chain is broken is if 1 of the 2 aforementioned instances take place.

Beppe has a boss that he has to listen to. A bottom line that he has to make sure gets reached each year. And his boss is not Agnelli. If said boss(es) are not willing to invest in the club, then the club needs to be sold if we, as Juve fans, have any aspirations of building a team that can contend for the CL and that we can keep around for several years.

Cash
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    i don't think we should follow the big spending clubs. most marotta signings (in fact, all of them, except higuain) show that quality can be bought for reasonable money. or just look at the bayern way, they spent less on their squad than juve did. we shouldn't splash 70-80 millions on nobodies like some epl clubs do, and we shouldn't follow barcelona and buy the coutinho's of the world for 100+ millions.

the main issue with our current squad is not the transfers marotta made, but the ones he failed to make. some of us have been repeating since years that vidal (and pogba) need proper replacements, and the club just can't postpone it for any longer. #itstime

Cash
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    i don't think we should follow the big spending clubs. most marotta signings (in fact, all of them, except higuain) show that quality can be bought for reasonable money. or just look at the bayern way, they spent less on their squad than juve did. we shouldn't splash 70-80 millions on nobodies like some epl clubs do, and we shouldn't follow barcelona and buy the coutinho's of the world for 100+ millions.

the main issue with our current squad is not the transfers marotta made, but the ones he failed to make. some of us have been repeating since years that vidal (and pogba) need proper replacements, and the club just can't postpone it for any longer. #itstime
    The issue is the cycle of selling in order to buy. Which leads me to believe that he is being instructed to maintain a certain bottom line to keep his bosses and the board of directors at Exor happy. Which, if that is what his job is, then fine. It is what it is. But no one here can expect us to reach the upper echelons of financial strength without an influx of investment or selling the club.

People want to win the CL but maintain the integrity of this club not being owned by anyone or anything other than an Italian family run business.

Unfortunately it is not 1996 anymore.

Cash
    Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

or

+Rep People don't realize that the bigger names, the more exciting players generate a buzz around the club. Remember when we had Del Piero and Zidane? Baggio before that? Platini before then? Expanding your fan-base and, invariably, your marketing stream and revenue requires bringing in the best players. It's a long term process. What we are doing is unsustainable in the long term. Eventually, those players we keep selling will be replaced by average or inadequate players.

We can't aspire to win the $#@!ing CL if we keep chopping and changing every year. Frankly, it's annoying and frustrating seeing us bend over every time someone comes in with an offer for one of our best players. We should be a point of arrival, not a stop on the way to greater things.

If the Jew doesn't give a $#@! about the club, he should just sell. He doesn't strike me as someone who gives a $#@! anyway. We are a business to him.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    I don't think Beppe is the one who draws up or controls the budget.

Cash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Two common factors in successful Napoli and Tottenham teams.....

Both have kept the majority of their key players and built on their squads each season. This is the reason they have closed the gap.

We have done the opposite.
    Del Piero 289
    Boniperti 182
    Bettega 178

Grazie Alex

Cash
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Direct consequence of Marotta's economy class mercatos, only the dead haven't seen the downward spiral coming. We missed on streghtening our team by choosing to not hold our key players and add to them in the wake of 14/15 and now our cycle will end in the saddest of ways.

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lgorTudor View Post
    Direct consequence of Marotta's economy class mercatos, only the dead haven't seen the downward spiral coming. We missed on streghtening our team by choosing to not hold our key players and add to them in the wake of 14/15 and now our cycle will end in the saddest of ways.
    Agreed, we allowed the rest of Europe to catch up when we had it in the palms of our hand.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)

or

In regards to scenario 2, be careful what you wish for.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    In regards to scenario 2, be careful what you wish for.
    I never said that I wished for that. However, it is my opinion that the only way to solve the issue of selling in order to buy is 1 of the 2 scenarios.

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boksic View Post
    Two common factors in successful Napoli and Tottenham teams.....

Both have kept the majority of their key players and built on their squads each season. This is the reason they have closed the gap.

We have done the opposite.
    Napoli hasnt done $#@! in CL though.

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Napoli hasnt done $#@! in CL though.
    Despite playing beautiful football

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    They lost to Feyenord ffs. A team which is 4th in Netherlands this season. 16p behind PSV.

Cash
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    +Rep People don't realize that the bigger names, the more exciting players generate a buzz around the club. Remember when we had Del Piero and Zidane? Baggio before that? Platini before then? Expanding your fan-base and, invariably, your marketing stream and revenue requires bringing in the best players. It's a long term process. What we are doing is unsustainable in the long term. Eventually, those players we keep selling will be replaced by average or inadequate players.

We can't aspire to win the $#@!ing CL if we keep chopping and changing every year. Frankly, it's annoying and frustrating seeing us bend over every time someone comes in with an offer for one of our best players. We should be a point of arrival, not a stop on the way to greater things.

If the Jew doesn't give a $#@! about the club, he should just sell. He doesn't strike me as someone who gives a $#@! anyway. We are a business to him.
    100%.

Since PSG bought Neymar & Mbappe, I see 10s of football FB pages sharing their goals, missed chances, tricks and things like that. PSG doesnt have to pay Bleacher Report to share those vids at all, Bleacher has the incentive to do that because it gets them views and clicks.

I very very rarely come across something like that from Juve because A) we play ugly football, and B) we only have Dybala's rare long distance goals as a source of attractive goals. Pogba's goals used to be shared a lot as well. We dont have any real flair players.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    PSG is such a bad example. Spend all that money and then not even reach semis in CL. This season again. I think Mbappe and possibly Neymar wont actually stick around there for long as they are not capable of winning the CL.

Also looking at the team as a whole, thats the thing Hist, you talk about names. This reminds me of post 2002 Real who went and bought flashy names every other summer like Ronaldo (the fat one) but didnt do $#@! in CL either. Remember they went from 2002 to 2014 not winning the CL. And there was that period before Mourinho went there they didnt even get past quarters.

This PSG team doesnt impress me at all. The midfield lacks strong DM, Verratti needs a good strong partner. The defense is full of nobodies and the keeper is total random name. But hey we have Neymar and Mbappe.

Say what you want but at least this current Madrid has proven winners in every position pretty much, see what Marcelo did yesterday.

With results like today and against Barca the failure and add the fast PSG NEVER reached semis in CL, we are still much bigger name and prospect for potential top players. The problem is, we really need to start spending some money without selling all the time. The owners need to realize this. At least go one summer without selling anyone but investing big.

We should be in a position now (2 CL finals last 3 years) to compete better in financial terms to buy top quality. You would think that type of success (making finals in europe) is also flattering to certain players.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Haha no way either Neymar or Mbappe is allowed to leave. Didn't you guys see what they've done to Verratti? Golden cage. Even if say Real would pay for one of them they'd refused categorically

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    Haha no way either Neymar or Mbappe is allowed to leave. Didn't you guys see what they've done to Verratti? Golden cage. Even if say Real would pay for one of them they'd refused categorically

Mbappe when he was 14...

PSG wont win the CL. Mbappe will eventually leave for a bigger club like Real or Barca. Real can get him from PSG.

With Neymar there is already some stories going on as well that he isnt enjoying himself there or smth. If PSG keep $#@!ting the bed in europe i cant see them staying there for long. Maybe one of the epl clubs come with big offer as well?

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Mbappe when he was 14...

PSG wont win the CL. Mbappe will eventually leave for a bigger club like Real or Barca. Real can get him from PSG.

With Neymar there is already some stories going on as well that he isnt enjoying himself there or smth. If PSG keep $#@!ting the bed in europe i cant see them staying there for long. Maybe one of the epl clubs come with big offer as well?
    I know he used to be a Real Madrid, but that doesn't change anything. I'm talking near future, there's no way PSG let them go even if they force a move, Nasser is pretty stubborn.