Giuseppe Marotta - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1018

View Poll Results: Beppe, renew contract or not?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    102 65.38%
  • NO

    54 34.62%
Page 1018 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1851891896810081016101710181019102010281068111815182018 ... LastLast
Results 20,341 to 20,360 of 40366
  1. #20341
    Delusional DelPiero84's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Posts
    17,029
    Cash
    2,428,215
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    Marotta has failed to get us what we want with consistency, the previous coaches could not compensate and ranked us 7th twice in a row.
    Once Cron. It was once. He had to clean the mess from the previous Mgt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous, conte threatended to leave unless the boar dguarantess that the team will be strenghtened with quality players and not with random opportunity targets,
    You were of course participating that meeting to know the exact details of their conversation.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

  2. #20342
    Chi-Town

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,254
    Cash
    2,822
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Let's hope this man proves to be an improvement.
    Juventus Fan since 2004

  3. #20343
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,210
    Cash
    114,446
    Mentioned
    2096 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Of course, because Milan still had great players like Nesta and Van Bommel to hold things together behind Ibrahimovic.
    exactly, and thats the very issue here.

    If milan werent a seller team, they could have kept zlatan and silva, let the old guard go, and replaced them.

    Currently, milan is in such bad shape, that they had to sell their stars, let the old guard go, and had allmost nothing to replace all that with.

    They got horribly lucky first with el sharaawy, and later with how the balotelli deal came to be, but you allready covered that.


    if they are actually selling el sharaawy for tevez, then within 2 years, they'll be in a world of $#@!, more then today, cause tevez is worth nothing anymore, and they wont be so lucky as they were with el sharaawy
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  4. #20344
    Juventuz legend baggio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    19,250
    Cash
    11,745
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    It's a bit wrong to discredit Galliani's efforts even in the current circumstances. Looking over the decade, he's won Meelan two CL's, two scudetti and a CL runners' up.(Like Marrotta won us two scudetti and a CL QF berth.) He's obviously doing something right. Their model may demand a lower threshold, quicker turnover and less stability but it's not like he's got nothing to show for it.

    Also, like I said, you cannot compare the two. It's unfair to Marrotta because he doesn't have as much European experience and has spent much less time at a bigger club.
    We dream in black and white but kick ass in living colour.

  5. #20345
    Juventuz legend Alen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48,869
    Cash
    10,992
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    All Marotta transfers in and out of Juve. Only the youngsters who came or left the club for free aren't included.

    IN:
    Alessandro Matri 18 m €
    Kwadwo Asamoah 18 m €
    Leonardo Bonucci 15,5 m €
    --------------------
    Mirko Vučinić 15 m €
    Miloš Krasić 15 m €
    Fabio Quagliarella 15 m €
    Arturo Vidal 12,5 m € (10,5 fee + 2 bonus)
    Jorge Andrés Martínez 12 m €
    Sebastian Giovinco 11 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Simone Pepe 10,1 m €
    --------------------
    Stephan Lichtsteiner 10 m €
    Martín Cáceres 9,5 m €
    Mauricio Isla 9,4 m € (co-own)
    Eljero Elia 9 m €
    Emanuele Giaccherini 7,25 m €
    Manolo Gabbiadini 5,5 m € (co-own)
    --------------------
    Simone Padoin 5 m €
    Marco Motta 5 m €
    Federico Peluso 4,8 m €
    Marco Storari 4,5 m €
    Richmond Boakye 4 m € (co-own)
    Nicola Leali 3,8 m €
    Saphir Taïder 2,4 m € (co-own)
    Alberto Masi 2,1 (re-bought 50%)
    Gabriel Appelt 2 m €
    Fausto Rossi 1,7 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Marcel Buchel 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Albin Ekdal 1,3 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Alberto Gallinetta 1 m € (co-own)
    Michele Cavion 1 m €
    Andrea Barzagli 0,9 m € (0,3 fee + 0,6 bonus)
    Stefano Beltrame 0,75 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Francis Anacoura 0,75 m € (co-own)
    Leandro Rinaudo 0,6 m € (loan)
    Armand Traoré 0,5 m € (loan)
    Marco Borriello 0,5 m € (loan)
    Marcelo Estigarribia 0,5 m € (loan)
    Ouasim Bouy 0,45 m €
    Leonardo Spinazzola 0,4 m € (co-own)
    Leonardo Bonatini 0,4 m € (loan)
    José Cevallos 0,2 m € (loan)
    Elvis Kabashi 0,15 m € (loan)
    --------------------
    Andrea Pirlo free
    Nicolas Anelka free
    Fernando Llorente free
    Michele Pazienza free
    Luca Toni free
    Reto Ziegler free
    Rubinho free
    Lúcio free
    Paul Pogba free
    Alberto Aquilani free (loan)
    Nicklas Bendtner free (loan)


    TOTAL = 238,95 m €
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    OUT:

    Diego 15,5 m €
    --------------------
    Mohamed Sissoko 8 m € (7 fee+ 1 bonus)
    Miloš Krasić 7 m €
    Domenico Criscito 6 m € (sold the 50% that Juve owned)
    Christian Poulsen 5,5 m €
    Eljero Elia 5,5 m € (+2m potential bonus)
    Albin Ekdal 5,1 m €
    --------------------
    Ciro Immobile 4 m € (co-own)
    Sebastian Giovinco 4 m € (3 co-own + 1 loan)
    Cristian Molinaro 3,9 m €
    Lorenzo Ariaudo 3,8 m €
    Felipe Melo 3,25 m € (loan)
    Sergio Bernardo Almirón 2,9 m €
    Frederik Sørensen 2,5 m € (co-own)
    Saphir Taïder 2,35 m € (co-own)
    James Troisi 2 m € (co-own)
    Carlo Pinsoglio 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Cristian Pasquato 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Andrea Schiavone 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Filippo Boniperti 1 m € (co-own)
    Raman Chibsah 0,75 m € (co-own)
    Nicolò Corticchia 0,6 m €
    Tiago 0,5 m € (loan)
    Amauri 0,5 m €
    Alberto Libertazzi 0,45 m € (co-own)
    Salvatore D'Elia 0,4 m €
    Michele Pazienza 0,3 m €
    Reto Ziegler 0,25 m € (loan)
    --------------------
    Antonio Chimenti free
    Fabio Cannavaro free
    Jonathan Zebina free
    Mauro Germán Camoranesi free
    David Trezeguet free
    Nicola Legrottaglie free
    Zdeněk Grygera free
    Luca Toni free
    Hasan Salihamidžić free
    Alexander Manninger free
    Fabio Grosso free
    Alessandro Del Piero free
    Lucio free

    TOTAL = 89,85 m €


    That's a minus of 149,1 m €.
    When Marotta came to Juve, we were paying 115 m € on wages. He reduced it to 100 m € in 2010/11 and 2011/12, just to get it back to 115 m € last year. Lets count it simply, and take it that he saved us 30 m € on wages.
    That more or less gives a grand total of ~120 m € to construct a team that won back to back scudetti. Not bad, nor great.

  6. #20346
    Juventuz star

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,908
    Cash
    5,575
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    forget the issue of not getting that top striker, marotta can't even sell matri and quaq for a peanut.

  7. #20347
    Western Imperialist IrishZebra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a nice Cardigan
    Posts
    23,325
    Cash
    2,285
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Team has added more that 140 million in value...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    forget the issue of not getting that top striker, marotta can't even sell matri and quaq for a peanut.
    Because they are worth less than €10m each in reality.
    In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

  8. #20348
    COME HOME MOGGI Gian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,250
    Cash
    5,232
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Shouldn't Asamoah be valued at 18M? Last year we paid 9M and this year 9M right?

  9. #20349
    Juventuz legend Alen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48,869
    Cash
    10,992
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    Shouldn't Asamoah be valued at 18M? Last year we paid 9M and this year 9M right?
    He should be. I wasn't aware that we bought the other half. I only added Peluso and Llorente from this summer. Everything else is as of February 2013.
    I'll change it.

  10. #20350
    Delusional DelPiero84's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Posts
    17,029
    Cash
    2,428,215
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    So he basically for 90M net managed to overhaul the team and make a club who finished 7th in 2010 a champion in 2 years time. Not bad.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

  11. #20351
    Juventuz legend baggio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    19,250
    Cash
    11,745
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelPiero84 View Post
    So he basically for 90M net managed to overhaul the team and make a club who finished 7th in 2010 a champion in 2 years time. Not bad.
    There we go again.
    We dream in black and white but kick ass in living colour.

  12. #20352
    Delusional DelPiero84's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Posts
    17,029
    Cash
    2,428,215
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baggio View Post
    There we go again.
    You noticed how I completely disregarded Conte and his impact.


    I knew you would caught the bait.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

  13. #20353
    Moggi on crack -=DJANGO=-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    2,619
    Cash
    3,656
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    While I support the general view that Marotta shouldn't be compared to Galliani at this moment, there are some points in Cronios post that I agree with.
    I would say this year /winter+summer market/ should be his final exam:
    1. Ability to find suitors for and move less useful players at decent value.
    2. Provide good squad players with cheap exchanges, find youngsters that can play a role in the short to medium term future or sign PROFITABLE co-ownerships or loans.
    I would say he is 50/50 on this one as Pogba smells like Nedved/Raiola move and Peluso and Padoin were decent moves for Marotta and great for Conte. But we still have Martinez on our books almost singlehandedly costing our beloved GM a yellow card.
    3. Sign the top striker. Lead us to the holy land or we will bury you in the desert and pick another 'Mouses'. The problem is identified and so popular even hockey mums and pitbulls in Alaska know about it. We have been dealing with it for almost 4 years and all we can show for is good intentions and driving like Bendtner.

    We have a squad that offers the option for a Juve material GM to deliver on all three accounts.
    ADP#10

  14. #20354
    Juventuz legend baggio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    19,250
    Cash
    11,745
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    All Marotta transfers in and out of Juve. Only the youngsters who came or left the club for free aren't included.

    IN:
    Alessandro Matri 18 m €
    Kwadwo Asamoah 18 m €
    Leonardo Bonucci 15,5 m €
    --------------------
    Mirko Vučinić 15 m €
    Miloš Krasić 15 m €
    Fabio Quagliarella 15 m €
    Arturo Vidal 12,5 m € (10,5 fee + 2 bonus)
    Jorge Andrés Martínez 12 m €
    Sebastian Giovinco 11 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Simone Pepe 10,1 m €
    --------------------
    Stephan Lichtsteiner 10 m €
    Martín Cáceres 9,5 m €
    Mauricio Isla 9,4 m € (co-own)
    Eljero Elia 9 m €
    Emanuele Giaccherini 7,25 m €
    Manolo Gabbiadini 5,5 m € (co-own)
    --------------------
    Simone Padoin 5 m €
    Marco Motta 5 m €
    Federico Peluso 4,8 m €
    Marco Storari 4,5 m €
    Richmond Boakye 4 m € (co-own)
    Nicola Leali 3,8 m €
    Saphir Taïder 2,4 m € (co-own)
    Alberto Masi 2,1 (re-bought 50%)
    Gabriel Appelt 2 m €
    Fausto Rossi 1,7 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Marcel Buchel 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Albin Ekdal 1,3 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Alberto Gallinetta 1 m € (co-own)
    Michele Cavion 1 m €
    Andrea Barzagli 0,9 m € (0,3 fee + 0,6 bonus)
    Stefano Beltrame 0,75 m € (re-bought 50%)
    Francis Anacoura 0,75 m € (co-own)
    Leandro Rinaudo 0,6 m € (loan)
    Armand Traoré 0,5 m € (loan)
    Marco Borriello 0,5 m € (loan)
    Marcelo Estigarribia 0,5 m € (loan)
    Ouasim Bouy 0,45 m €
    Leonardo Spinazzola 0,4 m € (co-own)
    Leonardo Bonatini 0,4 m € (loan)
    José Cevallos 0,2 m € (loan)
    Elvis Kabashi 0,15 m € (loan)
    --------------------
    Andrea Pirlo free
    Nicolas Anelka free
    Fernando Llorente free
    Michele Pazienza free
    Luca Toni free
    Reto Ziegler free
    Rubinho free
    Lúcio free
    Paul Pogba free
    Alberto Aquilani free (loan)
    Nicklas Bendtner free (loan)


    TOTAL = 238,95 m €
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    OUT:

    Diego 15,5 m €
    --------------------
    Mohamed Sissoko 8 m € (7 fee+ 1 bonus)
    Miloš Krasić 7 m €
    Domenico Criscito 6 m € (sold the 50% that Juve owned)
    Christian Poulsen 5,5 m €
    Eljero Elia 5,5 m € (+2m potential bonus)
    Albin Ekdal 5,1 m €
    --------------------
    Ciro Immobile 4 m € (co-own)
    Sebastian Giovinco 4 m € (3 co-own + 1 loan)
    Cristian Molinaro 3,9 m €
    Lorenzo Ariaudo 3,8 m €
    Felipe Melo 3,25 m € (loan)
    Sergio Bernardo Almirón 2,9 m €
    Frederik Sørensen 2,5 m € (co-own)
    Saphir Taïder 2,35 m € (co-own)
    James Troisi 2 m € (co-own)
    Carlo Pinsoglio 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Cristian Pasquato 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Andrea Schiavone 1,5 m € (co-own)
    Filippo Boniperti 1 m € (co-own)
    Raman Chibsah 0,75 m € (co-own)
    Nicolò Corticchia 0,6 m €
    Tiago 0,5 m € (loan)
    Amauri 0,5 m €
    Alberto Libertazzi 0,45 m € (co-own)
    Salvatore D'Elia 0,4 m €
    Michele Pazienza 0,3 m €
    Reto Ziegler 0,25 m € (loan)
    --------------------
    Antonio Chimenti free
    Fabio Cannavaro free
    Jonathan Zebina free
    Mauro Germán Camoranesi free
    David Trezeguet free
    Nicola Legrottaglie free
    Zdeněk Grygera free
    Luca Toni free
    Hasan Salihamidžić free
    Alexander Manninger free
    Fabio Grosso free
    Alessandro Del Piero free
    Lucio free

    TOTAL = 89,85 m €


    That's a minus of 149,1 m €.
    When Marotta came to Juve, we were paying 115 m € on wages. He reduced it to 100 m € in 2010/11 and 2011/12, just to get it back to 115 m € last year. Lets count it simply, and take it that he saved us 30 m € on wages.
    That more or less gives a grand total of ~120 m € to construct a team that won back to back scudetti. Not bad, nor great.
    It's interesting to note that hes been able to sell only one player above 10m, that too a player he didn't buy. The other issue here is, that for all the money we have spent, we could and should have had a bit more quality on the squad. Some of this has been due to the lack of Marrotta's ability to prioritise purchases. Of course, with the 22m we have for the striker this season, that will change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DelPiero84 View Post
    You noticed how I completely disregarded Conte and his impact.


    I knew you would caught the bait.
    You're about to be inducted into the society. Farewell my friend.
    We dream in black and white but kick ass in living colour.

  15. #20355
    3Seghe Salvatore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,256
    Cash
    3,430
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baggio View Post
    It's interesting to note that hes been able to sell only one player above 10m, that too a player he didn't buy. The other issue here is, that for all the money we have spent, we could and should have had a bit more quality on the squad. Some of this has been due to the lack of Marrotta's ability to prioritise purchases. Of course, with the 22m we have for the striker this season, that will change.
    How many of those players should he have sold for +€10m? Maybe Felipe Melo.
    "Giocare nella Juventus significa non accontentarsi mai. Vinto lo scudetto? Bene, c'è la Champions. Vinta la Champions? Bene, c'è l'Intercontinentale. Vinta l'Intercontinentale? Bene, c'è da rivincere lo scudetto. C'è sempre poco tempo per festeggiare." - Marcello Lippi

  16. #20356
    TSUUUUUUU ZoSo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41,623
    Cash
    20,272
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
    How many of those players should he have sold for +€10m? Maybe Felipe Melo.
    Melo & Krasic. It is criminal what he's done with those players.
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Vidal/Marcelo View Post
    Vucinic he once told Arturo that he will fuck Arturo mother and sister and Arturo was mad, but then he saw that Mirko tells that to everyone and he even told his twin brother that he will fuck his mother and sister. That is something Mirko say all the time and now nobody is angry with Mirko.

  17. #20357
    Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    22,901
    Cash
    8,709
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    So much of that co-own.
    STREET CONTE

  18. #20358
    Juventuz legend baggio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    19,250
    Cash
    11,745
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
    How many of those players should he have sold for +€10m? Maybe Felipe Melo.
    Melo and Krasic for sure. Only 3 players sold for over 5m if we take away Diego. Even Trez should've fetched us something rather than loaning him out and paying his wages.
    We dream in black and white but kick ass in living colour.

  19. #20359
    Delusional DelPiero84's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Posts
    17,029
    Cash
    2,428,215
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baggio View Post
    Melo and Krasic for sure. Only 3 players sold for over 5m if we take away Diego. Even Trez should've fetched us something rather than loaning him out and paying his wages.
    He was released.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

  20. #20360
    TSUUUUUUU ZoSo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41,623
    Cash
    20,272
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    What about Tiago, just gave him away for free and his contract didn't even expire.
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Vidal/Marcelo View Post
    Vucinic he once told Arturo that he will fuck Arturo mother and sister and Arturo was mad, but then he saw that Mirko tells that to everyone and he even told his twin brother that he will fuck his mother and sister. That is something Mirko say all the time and now nobody is angry with Mirko.

Similar Threads

  1. Juventus: fact, figures...etc
    By Rami in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 09.07.2018, 17:59
  2. marotta will say yes to come to juve
    By AbuGadanzieri in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02.09.2013, 18:48
  3. Marotta cleared to join Juve
    By Turk_Bianconero in forum Team discussion
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 12.05.2010, 15:10
  4. Giuseppe Rossi
    By Vinny Del Pogba in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 869
    Last Post: 02.07.2009, 15:32

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •