Kids suspended for wearing American clothing in America?! (1 Viewer)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Again why is this banned in California? What is special about the 5th of May for Mexicans that wearing or walking with the colors of the American flag makes it disrespectful for them?

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    Again why is this banned in California? What is special about the 5th of May for Mexicans that wearing or walking with the colors of the American flag makes it disrespectful for them?
    Did you read the article? Its not banned in California, just this particular school which has a large Hispanic population asked them to go home or change their shirts. The reason I said "only in California" is because this is the only state with such a large population of Hispanic immigrants that is so damn liberal that immigrants have more rights than we do. No school would dare pull bullshit like this in Texas or Arizona.

The 5th of may is a Mexican Holiday known as Cinco De Mayo but that is no excuse for not allowing students to show their support of their own country. I'm sure that this decision has been influenced by the recent change in immigration laws in Arizona.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Did you read the article? Its not banned in California, just this particular school which has a large Hispanic population asked them to go home or change their shirts. The reason I said "only in California" is because this is the only state with such a large population of Hispanic immigrants that is so damn liberal that immigrants have more rights than we do. No school would dare pull bullshit like this in Texas or Arizona.

The 5th of may is a Mexican Holiday known as Cinco De Mayo but that is no excuse for not allowing students to show their support of their own country. I'm sure that this decision has been influenced by the recent change in immigration laws in Arizona.
    So you too don't know why the hell are they allergic to those colors on that day..It's odd I can tell you that.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #11
    So you too don't know why the hell are they allergic to those colors on that day..It's odd I can tell you that.
    The Mexican students were carrying and posting Mexican flags all around campus that day so supposedly the school was attempting to prevent possible fights. I don't know who these entitled Mexican students think they are, we're in fucking America, you can't expect citizens to be afraid to show their flag in their own country. I think maybe the school was trying to be extra sensitive to latinos after the whole Arizona mess.

The only brightside of this is how much media exposure it is getting. No school in the state would ever try something like this again. Supposedly scores of kids across California are now wearing American flag shirts to school in protest of this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Sweet question :D

Yeah, they must be world champions over there of worshiping their own flag. Maybe North Korea is close behind.
    :D

Well you see where I am going with this, why wear clothes plastered in US flags on a Mexican national holiday other than to antagonise them?

Anyway they got into the papers and even reached across the Atlantic, so good job ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The Mexican students were carrying and posting Mexican flags all around campus that day so supposedly the school was attempting to prevent possible fights. I don't know who these entitled Mexican students think they are, we're in fucking America, you can't expect citizens to be afraid to show their flag in their own country. I think maybe the school was trying to be extra sensitive to latinos after the whole Arizona mess.

The only brightside of this is how much media exposure it is getting. No school in the state would ever try something like this again. Supposedly scores of kids across California are now wearing American flag shirts to school in protest of this.
    I agree with your sentiment. You are lucky you don't live in England, if you have a St. George or Union Jack anywhere on your property in the UK you are seen as a member of the British National Party.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    That's BS Kyle. Mexicans have far less rights than you do in California or anywhere for that matter. Go ask one of the fellows picking fruits and veggies how many rights he has. Sure there are way too many latin americans gaining illegal access into the US right now, but that has no bearing on what types of human or labor rights they have. (as a non-citizen they have practically none)

As for the incident, kids get sent home all the time in America for wearing clothes that "could be offensive". Sometimes it's justified sometimes it isn't. The VP said she thought she was looking out for the interest of student body. She made a mistake in my opinion. But people want to make a mountain out of this mole hill in light to Arizona's recent blunder.

But this isn't a case of "affirmative action" it's far from it. The kids that were sent home were of Mexican origin. We really need to sit back as a country and take a look at the situation before going off and screaming all this white entitlement nonsense. Immigration really needs reformed though. As of right now there are two options for working in the US, entering legally or illegally. With that said, deportation and the building of walls isn't really going to be much of a game changer.

The government needs to work with the private sector (especially corporations in the food production industry) and the Mexican government in order to come up with some sort of work-share program that gives those who wish to work in the US more options than just sneaking in. Perhaps some sort of a work permit in which people can come and go (along the border), in addition to seasonal and rotative work permits for pickers and meat packers. And then tax the workers of course.

This would piss of the USA all white = USA alright activists, but let's be honest here white folks aren't interested in picking tomatoes or spraying pesticides.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    :D

Well you see where I am going with this, why wear clothes plastered in US flags on a Mexican national holiday other than to antagonise them?
    Why wear them at all is the real question. What is this need people feel to advertise to others which country they live in? I could sooner see the point of it if you were abroad.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Why wear them at all is the real question. What is this need people feel to advertise to others which country they live in? I could sooner see the point of it if you were abroad.
    I'm wearing a USA Soccer t-shirt right this minute.:stuckup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)