Marotta cleared to join Juve (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2006
Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone has given Giuseppe Marotta the all clear to become Juventus' next director of sport.

Juventus are preparing a dramatic overhaul in the summer after a truly catastrophic season.

The Bianconeri's chief patron, John Elkann, wants to change the personnel on the pitch and in the boardroom.

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc believes Marotta is the right man to replace Alessio Secco who looks increasingly likely to be one of the fall guys after one of the worst campaigns in recent memory.

Marotta's time at Samp has seen him sign the likes of Fabio Quagliarella, Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini.

The Blucerchiati currently lie fourth in Serie A and have a real chance of qualifying for the Champions League with the squad that he assembled.

“I have read the newspapers, and I can say that if a manager is approached by a club as important as Juventus, there is absolutely no resentment on my part,” Garrone explained.

“He is still a young person and if he receives certain proposals, we haven't any kind of objection.”

http://www.football-italia.net/apr23j.html
----------------------------------------------
Tuttosport
Garrone: “Ok, Marotta can go to Juve”

Gazzetta dello Sport
Garrone frees Marotta

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Nothing official yet guys, all it says is that the Doria president wouldn't mind to let go of that "young" director.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Whats special about this guy? I've been hearing people talk about him for a while but its not like he's been making one great signing after the other.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Where are Samp in the league?

How does their budget compare to other teams they are competing with?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
what is he? a coach or a sport director?
Juventus Would Do Well To Hire Liverpool's Rafa Benitez - Sampdoria's Giuseppe Marotta

The Blucerchiati official has given his view on the potential summer move grabbing plenty of headlines...

Sampdoria sporting director Giuseppe Marotta believes current Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez would be the right choice to lead Juventus next season.

The Reds boss has constantly been linked with a move to the Serie A giants in the newspapers and many have suggested he would be the perfect fit to help them rebuild after a disappointing 2009-10.

"Benitez is one of the strongest coaches, and if the Juve directors choose him, they will have done well," he explained to Radio 1.

Marotta himself has been linked with a summer move to the Bianconeri, but insists his future will not be a concern until the end of the current season.

"I will talk about my future at the end of the championship. Right now I am concentrating on these last four games, and of course, the Champions League would be an important achievement for Sampdoria," he concluded.

Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)