Valencia sign Eto'o (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I sure hope that it's official Tom, because this would be brilliant for Valencia and Eto'o. I've always seen Eto'o as a promising player with truck-loads and truck-loads of potential and Valencia will be the perfect place for his massive potential to be realised. Just imagine... Rufete, Baraja, Aimar and Vicente behind Eto'o and Carew (and possibly Claudio Lopez as well!) :drool::excited:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But arent Valencia in debt? And Etoo wasnt exactly cheap, they'll probably have to sell someone. I heard Carew is on the market, and probably Aimar.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by The_G_O_A_T ] ++
But arent Valencia in debt? And Etoo wasnt exactly cheap, they'll probably have to sell someone. I heard Carew is on the market, and probably Aimar.
I seriously hope that Valencia don't lose any of their important players because I don't want Real to win La Liga! Whether it be Valencia, Deportivo, Barcelona or Sociedad, someone has to stop them! :fero:

How's this for an attack:

---------- Baraja ------ Albelda ----------
--- Rufete ------ Aimar ------ Vicente ---
----------- Eto'o --------- Lopez ----------

:eek::thumb:

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Valencia swoop for Eto'o
    Saturday, 05 July 2003
    Valencia CF have signed Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o on a five-year contract. Eto'o finalised the deal with 'Los ché' after meeting Valencia officials in Barcelona on his way back to Cameroon for a holiday.

Impressive season
    Eto'o has just completed an impressive season with RCD Mallorca, scoring twice in the Spanish Cup final victory over RC Recreativo de Huelva last weekend as well as recording 14 league goals. He has joined the Mestalla club for an undisclosed fee.

Out-and-out goalscorer
    Fast and powerful, the 22-year-old should prove a significant addition to the Valencia forward line. Although John Carew's game is maturing, neither Juan Sánchez nor Mista has managed to cement a starting place and coach Rafael Benítez has been conscious of the need for an out-and-out goalscorer.

International success
    Eto'o arrived at Mallorca in 1999 from Real Madrid CF. In his international career he has won the African Cup of Nations twice as well as an Olympic gold medal in 2000.

from Uefa.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)