Ribery??? (1 Viewer)

Is Ribery all he is cracked up to be?

• Aye

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Is it just me?, or Ribery is one of the most over rated player around. Now before you attack me and/or label me with names, I think he is overrated based on the $$$$ figures thrown around for him. This guy is not worth more than €30 million, so asking in the 60-70 range for him is just too much and crazy. Robben who I rate way more than Ribery was sold for €25 million!!!! Ribery is a really good winger, but he is not that special. We live in an era where world calss wingers are rare. If he was around in the 90’s I would pick many ahead of him.
The figure thrown for him is just too much and is a price of a first tier list of stars (Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi)
I do think he is in the seconds tier with the likes of Torres, Rooney, Fabregas, sneijder and etc.

I would love to have on our team, but the media wankfest over hims as if he is a messiah is just over the hill.
I would like to see what do you think of him, Is he overrated?
Hey Mods, is it possible to add a poll?

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
The figure thrown for him is just too much and is a price of a first tier list of stars (Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi)
I do think he is in the seconds tier with the likes of Torres, Rooney, Fabregas, sneijder and etc.
You think Kaka is a "tier" above Rooney, Fabregas and Torres?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
He is worth every damn penny! Like we have players in our squad that can offer what he does at this point in time.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
He is worth every damn penny! Like we have players in our squad that can offer what he does at this point in time.
I don't think this is about whether we should spend big bucks on him. It's more about whether he is as good as people say he is.

I definitely don't think we should go for him (not that we'd get him anyway). With the amount it would take, we could do so much more for our team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ribery is more than just a winger, as he can cut inside and act playmaker too.

Robben, as great as he is, is just a winger.

Ribery is a fantastic player.

Is he worth over 40m as has been suggested? Probably not.

If he wasn't so injury prone, I believe he would be on the level of those players described as being in the first tier and have a price tag similar to them.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Ribery is more than just a winger, as he can cut inside and act playmaker too.

Robben, as great as he is, is just a winger.

Ribery is a fantastic player.

Is he worth over 40m as has been suggested? Probably not.

If he wasn't so injury prone, I believe he would be on the level of those players described as being in the first tier and have a price tag similar to them.
:agree:

I have to say I prefer Robben though.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I don't think this is about whether we should spend big bucks on him. It's more about whether he is as good as people say he is.

I definitely don't think we should go for him (not that we'd get him anyway). With the amount it would take, we could do so much more for our team.
It's kinda obvious we don't stand a chance but of given the chance, i'd definitely splash the cash on him.Some of you base your opinions on players current form.

The man is pure class, can change the tempo of a match, provide a single moment of brilliance to decide the outcome of a match.

Logically we should spend that money on the defense but unless we get seasoned, quality players, we'll see a lot of our new "youngsters" going out on loan.Then again it all boils down on the coach that will take over.

OP
Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #12
    Thank you

You think Kaka is a "tier" above Rooney, Fabregas and Torres?
    Not the current Kaka. Talent wise Kaka is better player but he went down hill with all these injuries.

i would pick Robben overy Ribery everytime, not just because of today's goal. I just see Robben as more threat running at defenders and the pace is just mind blowing

60-70 million is just too much for somebody like him. 30-40 million is more like reasonable. Also I would go for Robben over Ribery.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    Not all that many pricetags make sense though. If you look at what Liverpool payed for Aquilani for example, that sum for Ribéry starts to look a little less ridiculous.

Ribéry is an exceptional player, even though he hasn't been showing his best throughout the season. Him really wanting to leave, causing trouble and injuries didn't really help either.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    60-70 million is just too much for somebody like him. 30-40 million is more like reasonable. Also I would go for Robben over Ribery.
    Of course Bayern would demand that high amount. It's good for negotiations because most clubs would try to bring down the price anyway.Then you have man city that would offer 80-90m just to screw over the other clubs & build a dream team.

If Melo is worth 25m how is Ribery not worth 60/70m? You also need to remember that he would bring in mass support for the club,raise the clubs international image & not to mention his assists & goals that would be far more valuable in the long run.

We lack impact scoring midfielders that can get into double figures & Ribery would certainly do the job.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
    May 20, 2009
    Ribery is more of a team player as he generally likes to break down the opposing teams defense and after he pulls them out of formation he passes often creating opportunities for his team mates. Robben on the other hand is too selfish. He is a perfect runner/dribbler, but he plays a lot to himself.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    Robben is too selfish at times, and ridiculously one-footed. He's also one of the best wingers around, so I try not to complain too much. He does drive one mad sometimes though, when all he sees is goal.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I said "no". But what do I know... I've been asking Juve to sign Hamsik for the past two seasons. :pado:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)