Juventus In Ritiro..could this system help us? (1 Viewer)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008

Broken Juventus In Ritiro To Fix Crisis

The Bianconeri have called a ritiro in an attempt to salvage their season...

Juventus will go on ritiro from Tuesday following their latest collapse, with their loss to Sampdoria on Sunday seeing them slip to sixth place in the Serie A table.

Antonio Cassano inflicted a 1-0 defeat upon the Old Lady, and hopes of Champions League football have been thrown into further doubt.

The club is desperate to remedy the situation and Roberto Bettega prescribed the ritiro solution after a consultation with Alessandro Del Piero.

Bettega told Controcampo: "Juve will go on ritiro from Tuesday in preparation for the Napoli clash [on Thursday].

"Del Piero proposed the idea. The team is willing to stick together and confront themselves and be clear on ideas, and we have accepted."

for the guys who dont no what ritiro is:
ritiro is the dreaded mid-season springs of out nowhere and slaps you in the face ritiro. This ritiro is reserved for clubs that are going through a crisis period and need to concentrate completely on calcio. The players hate this one, because it means leaving their families and lives behind for a week to go off to another secluded village town (or sometimes just the club’s training ground) preparing for the upcoming game. It is usually seen as a punishment. Throughout the season you’ll see a variety of teams go into ritiro, in fact just now Lazio and Atalanta are in ritiro as we speak. “Il ritiro” has always had mixed reviews and criticisms. Some people feel that it is a waste of time and sometimes can make matters worse, demoralizing players and proving no help at all, leading to more negative results. On the other hand people think it can be beneficial, allowing players to relax, focus on the problem and resolve it, and then put in positive results. For example, Parma went into ritiro at the end of February and have since won 7 points in 3 games.

Generally, it’s the old school coaches that take their teams into ritiro. It has been such a big part of calcio for so many years (especially in the 70’s and 80’s) that coaches that were players during those years usually are in favor of bringing a crisis-struck team into ritiro. Younger coaches that played during the 90’s don’t really embrace the ritiro idea because they remember how much they hated it. “Il Ritiro” is a uniquely Italian concept, I’ve never heard of EPL teams or La Liga teams doing this on a regular basis. You don’t even hear of teams going into ritiro the day before a game like in Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
The word is obviously italian, but the concept is not exclusively italian...I have know teams in England, in times of crisis, to do exactly the same thing, especially when survival is at stake. It is indeed, far less common for the Big Teams, but its not a massive surprise, when a team is faltering horribly, for the management AND players to agree to intensifying efforts at togetherness and team spirit. Keeping the team together, pulling in the same direction, with no distractions, is one way of trying to focus energies into an improvement...Its hardly surprising or shocking news. But NO, its not a purely italian concept. Just the word, mate...

As to whether it will help us or not, I doubt it, but hope so. I think are problems are much more deep rooted than something which can be cured by an extra day of training and an enforced team spirit building effort from Zach, and Blanc, and Secco. Unless they have brought back Nedved, to infect and demand of our players the same berserker zeal the czech has in spades...Really, who is there at our club who could prove inspirational to the others??? Lapo could likely cause a stir, if given the chance, but he has no reason to be given the chance...Other than the strangely elfin former playboy, I see nobody within or connected to the club, who could give us what we need...a shot of hope, pride, self respect and determination to improve.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It would help but there should be clear repercussions from shitty performances.Just like some of the players have performance bonuses,they should be fined imo.

Some players only look at football as a pay cheque where as others play for the love of the game & the club.If they lose,its like water off a ducks back & thats why i feel they should get financial fines for shite displays.When a considerable amount will be deducted off your pay cheque you'd make damn sure you'd up your performances.

Socializing should be cut to a bare minimum & NO clubs or bars what so ever!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
that is such a Roma thing to do...another thing I would suggest is that they filter out some of the 'retardos'

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What is the big deal here?

For the Napoli game we'll go in "ritiro" 2 days before the actual game, while otherwise we always do it just 1 day before the game. Even when playing at home, the players stay together starting the day before the game, right up to after the game is finished.

Will 1 (extra) day really make such a big difference?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Well retiro or not, clearly the players have got mental issues, so rehab it is but yes this should have been done ages ago. A strict camp regime was required from day one.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Well I've seen Man Utd loose both there starting CB's for nearly half this season and still be in the title race and CL... and didn't they already win the Carling Cup?

We loose Chellini for a game and we're fucked!

I've seen them start a Midfield of Park, Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson and still play fluid creative football!

So fuck Barcelona we should be following Man Utds school of thought!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We need a coach who doesn't field the team with those pussy formations. Its like everytime Giovinco plays well he's on the bench the next game for another DM.

And its not only Giovinco. They never let all of our creative players play together. Play Diego, Seba, Candreva and Del Piero together. It really can't get worse then now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)