Burqa (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I can't remember if we had a similar thread before but in-case we did have, I would like to re-have it again.

I would like to know what people think of Burqa, specially the Muslims ones.

Personally, as a non believer in my religion(Islam) or any other religion, I think that the Burqa is something really unacceptable considering too many things, such as...

1- Why do women wear a Burqa?
2- How can an underage girl wear a Burqa when she's not yet mature to fully know what's good for her and what's not? How can she decide? Why forbidding her from a decent teenage life?
3- No woman on earth does not like to arrange herself and look beautiful, which makes me wonder, is it the closed society? Or are they obliged? Scared? Or is it all?
4- Scientifically, it's not healthy wearing a Burqa, kills the head-hair, and keeps the body pressure unstable under the hot sun in summer.
5- Women convinced of Burqa, do really think that it will affect males sexually if they see their or her hair/face/hands?

I could never understand this tradition, even considering that I was raised in an Islam society but somehow I always thank my parents for being so open and never applying this thing on my sisters like other parents do.

I do really think it's time women do get over the Burqa and know that there are some other important and nice things in this world other than worrying about men being erected or sexually attracted to her.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Burqa is is not enforced by islam. It is optional actually. But the hype about it in the west is just too much.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Burqa is is not enforced by islam. It is optional actually. But the hype about it in the west is just too much.
    I know in some countries it is not an enforced thing.

But I always wonder if all of them are convinced about it or it's because they feel influenced or under pressure etc...

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    I think it a clutural thing rather than religious to be honest. If you look into it, its not a must to wear. Its just like pimping the hijab :) You add Burqa to it and your set :D

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    It may not actually be enforced but it is enforced by society. If everyone else is wearing one, then you have to wear one or else stand out like a sore thumb.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    I think it a clutural thing rather than religious to be honest. If you look into it, its not a must to wear. Its just like pimping the hijab :) You add Burqa to it and your set :D
    Isn't a must wear in Saudi Arabia? And wasn't also a must wear before in Iran?

:D at the last part.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    Why are you posting this? do you have an evil plan? or do just want to hear muslims say "burka wearing is non-islamic!"? do you like the sound of your own voice? :p
    thats to ze tahir btw :p

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    It may not actually be enforced but it is enforced by society. If everyone else is wearing one, then you have to wear one or else stand out like a sore thumb.
    Unfortunately, it is enforced by too many societies.

I can sometimes go along with woman wearing a Burqa though they never make sense to me. But I just can't understand and accept when younger girls are wearing Burqa or Hijab.

I mean is she mature enough to know if wearing one is a good thing for her? I doubt it. Is she old enough to make her own choices? Does she even know why she's wearing them?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Isn't a must wear in Saudi Arabia? And wasn't also a must wear before in Iran?

:D at the last part.
    Not sure to be honest as I am not imposed to neither societies. But I think the asnwer is Yes for Saudi. For Iran it is not as far as I remember from watching news (once a month or so, forgive me if the rules change) Are the enforced in Jnoub? I think not too.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Not sure to be honest as I am not imposed to neither societies. But I think the asnwer is Yes for Saudi. For Iran it is not as far as I remember from watching news (once a month or so, forgive me if the rules change) Are the enforced in Jnoub? I think not too.
    Jnoub here in Lebanon? It was never enforced in Lebanon. Not even a random Hijab.

But in some families, actually, in too many families it is enforced to put their girls/women to wear a Hijab mostly.

It bothers me to still see some closed minded people forcing their girls and women wearing a Hijab when we're in a country that consists of 50% Christians and 50% Muslims. It feels sad if you ask me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)