what happened to the great finisher Mario (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Mario Jardel Almeida Ribiera

wtf happened to him..he used to be one of the greatest finishers in the world...how come he never got a big club move? how come he hardly played for brazil, and how come he didnt go to the WC..

what's happened to him now? :down: is he flushed out?

just look at his record before the 02/03 season..absolutely mindblowing :eek: now he's having all his problems with his health and mental stability and all that crap...he shouldnt have ever went to sporting..he shoulda gone back to Porto or even better, move to the one of main leagues....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
He prefers the "not-so-good-leagues" where he can score a ton of goals, that he wouldn't be able to score in La Liga, EPL or Serie A.

Wanker... :stuckup:

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Vasco
    1992 - 1 gol (2 games)
    1993 - 7 gols (27 games)
    1994 - 15 gols (39 games)
    1995 - 4 gols (3 games)

Gremio
    95/96 - 68 gols :eek:

Porto
    96/97 - 35 gols
    97/98 - 39 gols
    98/99 - 38 gols
    99/00 - 56 gols

Galatasaray
    2000/01 - 34 gols

Sporting
    2001/02 - 55 gols
    2002/03 - 18 gols

total: 350 sharp...:eek:
    even larsson hasnt scored this much(i think), eventhough he plays in a crap league

if didnt deserve atleast a big move to Parma or Chelsea of those top-midtable teams, than nothing really can IMO

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    He prefers the "not-so-good-leagues" where he can score a ton of goals, that he wouldn't be able to score in La Liga, EPL or Serie A.

i think he's still would have made it in the EPL or Liga..

and eventho the portugese league isnt the most challenging, 55 goals in 1 season kinda makes u deserve to go to the WC...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Dunno... maybe...

I just don't like players like him and Larsson, who runs around the small leagues playing superstars.

They should really try a harder league, and find out what they're capable of.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    i dont think any big club had ever wanted to sign Jardel :undecide:

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    anyway now middlesbrough wanna sign him..i hope he joins and impress..he'll show you all ;)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    great striker or not, he is one of the best finishers i've ever known...i wonder at one point of his career, did he ever get bored of celebrating when he scores?...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by El Idiota ] ++

i think he's still would have made it in the EPL or Liga..

and eventho the portugese league isnt the most challenging, 55 goals in 1 season kinda makes u deserve to go to the WC...
    the national team is a totally different stroy. he got his few chances there and he didn't impress. if a player doesn't impress in a national team like Brazil, he won't get a lot more chances.
    the coaches don't like him. Elber is a terrific striker too, but is never chosen to the national team squad.

Jardel had an opportunity to move to Marseille last year. I think it is good for him to play in the french league. it's more challenging

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    Jardel had an opportunity to move to Marseille last year. I think it is good for him to play in the french league. it's more challenging
    yes it's more challenging, but marseille wasnt going anyway except down before the the start of last season...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    deej, Jardel is among the highest scorers in the world among still active players. I think Romario is top of that list. And Jardel is still under 30... :eek:

He would have signed if anyone wanted him but he's been stuck in Portugal...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I remember Jardel's famous quote after being snubbed by Solari and not being included in the Brasil squad for the World Cup 2002:

"Scoring 55 goals with Sporting isn't good enough. Maybe I should play badly and break a leg to be chosen".

He was referring to Ronaldo :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I remember Jardel's famous quote after being snubbed by Solari and not being included in the Brasil squad for the World Cup 2002:

"Scoring 55 goals with Sporting isn't good enough. Maybe I should play badly and break a leg to be chosen".

He was referring to Ronaldo :D
    :D

Well, Solari was right. Ronaldo is a better player, and as it turned out he was the topscorer at the WC, which Brazil also won. So I can't see why everyone seems to think that he should have been included.

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    He would have signed if anyone wanted him but he's been stuck in Portugal...
    I think he's affraid of the bigger leagues. I don't believe that no big club has never offered him a contract.

Let him bounce around the portuguese league if that makes him happy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well, Solari was right. Ronaldo is a better player, and as it turned out he was the topscorer at the WC, which Brazil also won. So I can't see why everyone seems to think that he should have been included.
    Ronaldo is better but that doesn't mean Jardel would have done worse in his place in that tournament. All Ronaldo did was convert his chances, and Jardel has some degree of experience in that field...

Hell, who is Klose? A "star" of the World Cup and now he's forgotten. Yeah, like it took THAT much ability to succeed in KoreaJapan02. :rolleyes:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    Jardel was great indeed. He played in the Champion's League and scored many goals. If he could do that then he can more than do it in the EPL I think.

On Klose, the only thing he can do good is probably Head the ball.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Ronaldo is better but that doesn't mean Jardel would have done worse in his place in that tournament. All Ronaldo did was convert his chances, and Jardel has some degree of experience in that field...

Hell, who is Klose? A "star" of the World Cup and now he's forgotten. Yeah, like it took THAT much ability to succeed in KoreaJapan02. :rolleyes:
    You're missing the point. Brazil won the tournament... so it's pretty obvious that they didn't need Jardel.

It makes no sense to argue about if a player should have included in a squad who won the tournament.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    They didn't need him to win but had he been in the squad, he might have done exactly what Ronaldo did and then they wouldn't need Ronaldo, get it? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)