Global Warming Discussion (5 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ahhh sorry for posting this thread, hope I don't get into trouble because I've never done it and I looked deep into the realms of the community threads to spawn it:)

Looks like some scientists have "altered" climatic data to seemingly show favoritism for global warming. So now we have data that is skewed and weather/temp stations all around the world and some of them have been moved into warmer areas to also skew the data to make it seem that temperatures have been increasing around the world.

This honestly pisses me off and I wonder if anyone else has the same reaction.

I am also curious as to know what Andy thinks about it being the community weather man and all.:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
this shit is happenin forreal. We had the worst winter in last 30 years. And the climate change is so sudden it seems summer is already on its way

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    So you think its happening? It's cold as hell where I am and we just had our second snow storm in my area this winter. Snow storms are pretty much unheard off around there.

I still am really concerned now because here nations are making HUGE decisions to help the climate that will ultimately effect its people, industries, jobs, spending, etc and all this around false data. This is scary shit

Dec 31, 2008
    So you think its happening? It's cold as hell where I am and we just had our second snow storm in my area this winter. Snow storms are pretty much unheard off around there.

I still am really concerned now because here nations are making HUGE decisions to help the climate that will ultimately effect its people, industries, jobs, spending, etc and all this around false data. This is scary shit
    Hell Yes!!!!!! Precautions should've been taken atleast a decade ago

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Hell Yes!!!!!! Precautions should've been taken atleast a decade ago
    I agree we could have started earlier, but I don't think its happening at the extent as scientists are claiming. This news of which I speak only arouses more suspicions.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Things are getting messy, major changes won't happen any time soon probably.
    I heard weather stations in China and Canada and some in South America were moved purposely to warmer areas to increase temps.

Dec 31, 2008
    I agree we could have started earlier, but I don't think its happening at the extent as scientists are claiming. This news of which I speak only arouses more suspicions.
    That may be true, but it's no reason to sit back and relax.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    That may be true, but it's no reason to sit back and relax.
    No I agree, but its time to recalculate and regroup on what needs to be done and how quickly. A lot of things need to be reevaluated as a result. We can't have countries spending billions to invest in green protocol when they don't really have it but they are doing it from pressure in the global community.

Dec 31, 2008
    No I agree, but its time to recalculate and regroup on what needs to be done and how quickly. A lot of things need to be reevaluated as a result. We can't have countries spending billions to invest in green protocol when they don't really have it but they are doing it from pressure in the global community.
    :agree:
    This summer is givin me spooks already

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    TBH we may as well have a discusion about the 'theory' of evolution as both things have overwhelming standalone evidence that can't be denied.

Look people can recalculate all they like, just don't come bitching to me when half of bangladesh is underwater and 1million plus people are dead from Hurrican Katrina MKII

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Especially when we can just invest billions in a worldwide boom and bust economy.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    Here's practically everything you need to know or would want to. NYTimes has a very good section on climate change.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/globalwarming/index.html

Do take notice to the article on the Arctic ice cap (posted in 2007). It's a bit difficult to falsify the melting of ice.
    No one seems to be denying the ice is melting, just the extent of it perhaps. Science isn't supposed to lie, I just call into question the way some are trying to skew the data.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    No one seems to be denying the ice is melting, just the extent of it perhaps. Science isn't supposed to lie, I just call into question the way some are trying to skew the data.
    A very small percentage of scientists have been accused of skewing data. In fact, I've never actually seen a major climate study be falsified by the scientific community. What we see are small numbers "experts" throwing out generalizations saying that "they" are skewing numbers to push the "green" agenda (whatever that is).

Cam, if you follow the money it's easy to see who has the most to gain or lose in this debate.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    A very small percentage of scientists have been accused of skewing data. In fact, I've never actually seen a major climate study be falsified by the scientific community. What we see are small numbers "experts" throwing out generalizations saying that "they" are skewing numbers to push the "green" agenda (whatever that is).

Cam, if you follow the money it's easy to see who has the most to gain or lose in this debate.
    I can only find a handful of scientists accused of this, as you are saying as well. For some reason it is causing shockwaves in the news still. It's hard to hid the ice melting, I just wonder why they felt the need to alter the data to go in their favor when things are already in their favor.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I can only find a handful of scientists accused of this, as you are saying as well. For some reason it is causing shockwaves in the news still. It's hard to hid the ice melting, I just wonder why they felt the need to alter the data to go in their favor when things are already in their favor.
    It's all part of the major media attempting to turn a minor situation into a major story. That and you get conservative and liberal politicians whose major contributors are oil/coal lobbyists. Or folks that just don't really know much about science have fenceline talks about "I heard this and that".

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    what's the alternative, sit back and relax
    my grandchildren will ask me in 2050, why the hell didn't you guys do anything in 2010?
    well son, you see some of the scientist were saying it was all overrated

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #20
    It's all part of the major media attempting to turn a minor situation into a major story. That and you get conservative and liberal politicians whose major contributors are oil/coal lobbyists. Or folks that just don't really know much about science have fenceline talks about "I heard this and that".
    I guess what I will be looking out more for is what nations will do now as a result of this story, if they do anything different...etc etc. Such as China/India not signing the Copenhagen Agreement....I don't presume to have the slightest inclination that those two walking out was triggered by this story, but needless to say I am curious to see how this affects future policy making. Such as the UN...USA...Europe, etc.
    what's the alternative, sit back and relax
    my grandchildren will ask me in 2050, why the hell didn't you guys do anything in 2010?
    well son, you see some of the scientist were saying it was all overrated
    By 2050 we will have invaded Pandora.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)