Italian Super Cup: Juve - Parma (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Tripoli, LIBYA, July 11 (DS) - Preview of the Italian Super Cup:

Libya FA announced today that capital Tripoli will be the venue of the upcoming Italian Super Cup showdown between Juventus and Parma, at the 65.000-seat "11th September National Stadium".

In an official press release here on Thursday, the FA stated "the game will be held on July 25 between Italian champions Juventus and Cup winners Parma, to highlight the special relations linking between the national federation, Libyan people and Italy."

The special communiqué went on saying "the much-anticipated event is widely expected to foster the Libyan people's interest in the football game, now that the FA is strongly committed to show unprecedented support in this regard."

This will be only the second time that the even is staged outside Italy, the first time dated back to 1993 when arch rivals Juventus and Torino clashed in Washington DC.

Libya enjoy some special ties with the Italian football, 7.5% of Juventus shares are owned by the "Libyan-Arab foreign investment company", a world-wide company showing interest in widening its shares to other Italian clubs, notably in Serie B, according to a special report released on June.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

No idea, but probably a LOT more :D

Gaddafi has too much influence on us IMHO and I can't say I like it!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't think any of us do but it looks like we have to put up with it. As you probably remember was mentioned some time before, Gaddafi bailed out Fiat in the 70s so even if they wanted to break all bonds now they probably couldn't.

The fact is that all these transactions are done with jr. from what I know, I don't know how much better that makes it...

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
what's there to stop us from doing it?
Adriano-Di Vaio :D i think we will win this already, but does it count ? its more of a friendly match than an official one, ohh, and its played in Lybia :undecide: anyway, im more eager on the formation and style of play rather than on the score :rolleyes:

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    The Libyan FA must have paid us alot of money to ept playing there, along with Parma and the Italian FA. Anyway, the match is not that important and it would be a good chance to see our new players and Lippi's new tactics, am looking forward for the 3-man attack (Salas-DP-Trez) ....

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    The Libyan FA must have paid us alot of money to ept playing there, along with Parma and the Italian FA. Anyway, the match is not that important
    ]

Maybe Dpf but its still the champs of Italy and the cup winners so its not right to be played outside of Italy. The phrase selling your soul to the devil comes to mind
    Hope when its time to pay the piper we are ready:frown:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i have a feeling that it will dictate the pace of how we start the season,it could be a potential morale-booster but also a match which could pull our morale down.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    How I wish Jr was my neighbour ... Anyway the only person am interested in seeing is Salas. I've waited too long! OK and maybe the new signings. Where is Respaul? Someone should update us on the channels to televise this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)