Serie A in Europe (1 Viewer)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Today two more Italian teams were knocked out of Europe (Genoa and Lazio) both losing at home.

We can now truly say that the Italian game is in a deep decline and is probably eclipsed by even the French teams, making the Italian league about the 5th best in the world.

1. English
2. Spanish
3. German
4. French
5. Italian

What are your thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Uhh, my first thought is that you're forgetting Fiorentina had the upper hand against Lyon in their group, the most experienced French side out of them all. Moreover, Milan finished ahead of Marseille in their group as well. Bordeaux is the best French side right now, sure, but I doubt they would beat Inter in a two-leg playoff.

So I personally believe the correct question here is what are you thinking?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Uhh, my first thought is that you're forgetting Fiorentina had the upper hand against Lyon in their group, the most experienced French side out of them all. Moreover, Milan finished ahead of Marseille in their group as well. Bordeaux is the best French side right now, sure, but I doubt they would beat Inter in a two-leg playoff.

So I personally believe the correct question here is what are you thinking?
:lol2:

OP

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #5
    If you saw my post I commented first on two Italian teams being knocked out of the Europa league by weaker European teams at Home

French teams as a whole are performing much better than Italian teams in Europe.

And in any case we're not simply talking about French vs Italian teams, we're talking about Italian teams becoming worse and worse in Europe.

Mar 10, 2009
    If you saw my post I commented first on two Italian teams being knocked out of the Europa league by weaker European teams at Home

French teams as a whole are performing much better than Italian teams in Europe.

And in any case we're not simply talking about French vs Italian teams, we're talking about Italian teams becoming worse and worse in Europe.

whens the last a french team won anything ?

theres your answer

serie a teams are in declining in europe. But only spain and england have been more successful

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Serie A is shit now; says a lot about the quality of the league when a team like us with no game plan and a novice coach, not to mention with a fair number of losses with only 2/5 of the season gone, can still sit pretty in 3'rd place and harbor legitimate hope of winning the title.

However, whereas Serie A may be falling further behind both La Liga and the Premiershit, the quality of the Bundesliga and Ligue A is still inferior.

OP

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well there's a distinct possibility that the Bundesliga will take one Serie A spot in UCL next season or the one after.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    You know, even if ALL Italians are out, i still find Serie A the most entertaining personally, not just because I'm a Juve supporter, but seriously watching PL is boring as hell and overrated, Spanish football is expensive players and individual skills, nothing beats Serie A in for me
    the only problem is that all teams aren't good enough to compete with Merda since calciopoli, but I really like it this year, teams like Parma, Bari, Sampodoria and Genoa sometimes, they make it unpredictable unlike the last few years
    and If Fiorentina focused on it as much as they're focusing on the CL, they could be a pain for us and Milan on the 2nd to 4th positions

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
    List by me. This my subject opinion.

1. English
    2-3. Italian, Spanish
    4. German
    5. French

But my love is serie a and juve..

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I think the best thing that happend to Serie A was that we got sent to Europa League. With us and Roma there is a big possibility that the the winners could be from Serie A. In the CL Serie A has 3 team through while Germany only has two.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    As a close follower of the French Ligue i can safely say that the Serie A is definitely light years ahead. No comparison at all actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)