General TV - Movies & TV - Juventuz Forums - Page 288
Page 288 of 303 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 6057

Thread: General TV

Cash
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Season 5 ep 5 of The Wire. Balls out show once you get through Season 2.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk
    En sidste kommentar herfra sku' lige være den
    at der Führer var en visionær af klasse
    der såfremt han var til stede den dag i dag
    ville la' fattigrøve & skvadderhoveder gasse

Lara Chedraoui fanboy Buck Fuddy's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I always thought season 2 was the best of the entire series.
    Season 5 being the weakest, by some margin.
    "Religion: the perfect excuse for bad behavior."

Days spent in Turin : 73
    Games watched in the stadium : 24

Cash
    Mentioned
    1873 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    How many have seen the pilot of Taboo yet?

I know @Dostoevsky must have Anyone who likes Hardy must try it. Quite intense, slow paced pilot but quite brooding and somewhat dark one.
    I watched it last night and I really liked it. It was slow pace indeed but quite enjoybale. IMO it has potential to be amazing and I will defo keep on watching
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I know @Dostoevsky must have Anyone who likes Hardy must try it. Quite intense, slow paced pilot but quite brooding and somewhat dark one.
    I need to get on Taboo. Tom Hardy is always
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    The latest episode of Sherlock was great!
    Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change.

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1733 Post(s)

Fantastic is what I have to say. So far great story, acting, atmosphere, everything really has been quite satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, Tom Hardy is always great no matter what he plays
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Fantastic is what I have to say. So far great story, acting, atmosphere, everything really has been quite satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, Tom Hardy is always great no matter what he plays
    Though I am not as big a Tom Hardy fan as you and @Osman seem to be, he is a talented actor, and this role really suits him well.

By ze way, Nootka Sound, the piece of land he inherits, it's here, where I live. Nootka Island is a 500 sq. km. island off the west coast of Vancouver Island, boat or floatplane access only. There are still a couple small first nations villages on it... An amazing multi-day hiking trail across it. On the west side of Nootka there are some incredible surf breaks. Every late summer/early autumn for the last several years I've taken a float plane out there with some friends to land us on the beach with our surf and camping gear, and spent a week there surfing and camping on the beach. THere's a waterfall there for fresh water, draining into the beach, ancient-growth forest right behind you. I've seen humpback whales, orcas, bears there. Incredible place. So $#@!ing rugged and wild.

Here's a shot of someone surfing the best break there in early Spring, that was on the cover of a Canadian surfing mag a few years back:

It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1059 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    Anyone watched The Man in the High Castle could tell me if I should give it a go?
    Quote Originally Posted by icemaη View Post
    Please let me know too.
    Anyone has a recommendation for a comedy series?
    If you haven't already watched it, you should.

It's good stuff. Gets you hooked easily.
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Though I am not as big a Tom Hardy fan as you and @Osman seem to be, he is a talented actor, and this role really suits him well.

By ze way, Nootka Sound, the piece of land he inherits, it's here, where I live. Nootka Island is a 500 sq. km. island off the west coast of Vancouver Island, boat or floatplane access only. There are still a couple small first nations villages on it... An amazing multi-day hiking trail across it. On the west side of Nootka there are some incredible surf breaks. Every late summer/early autumn for the last several years I've taken a float plane out there with some friends to land us on the beach with our surf and camping gear, and spent a week there surfing camping on the beach. THere's a waterfall there for fresh water, draining into the beach, ancient-growth forest right behind you. I've seen humpback whales, orcas, bears there. Incredible place. So $#@!ing rugged and wild.

Here's a shot of someone surfing the best break there in early Spring, that was on the cover of a Canadian surfing mag a few years back:

Looks beautiful.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rincon TV?
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    1392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post

By ze way, Nootka Sound, the piece of land he inherits, it's here, where I live. Nootka Island is a 500 sq. km. island off the west coast of Vancouver Island, boat or floatplane access only. There are still a couple small first nations villages on it... An amazing multi-day hiking trail across it. On the west side of Nootka there are some incredible surf breaks. Every late summer/early autumn for the last several years I've taken a float plane out there with some friends to land us on the beach with our surf and camping gear, and spent a week there surfing and camping on the beach. THere's a waterfall there for fresh water, draining into the beach, ancient-growth forest right behind you. I've seen humpback whales, orcas, bears there. Incredible place. So $#@!ing rugged and wild.

How long is the drive from the shores to the slopes? They don't seem that far apart.
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    That looks amazing PI, cant wait til we see some of it on the tv series, since its essentially gonna be the "main character" so to speak. Here's bit of history of the place and how the tv series uses it:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...t-nootka-sound

When we are on the subject, I'm kinda weak for anything historical, so I tried 4 or so episodes of this series called Frontier, its quite bit more lower quality then likes of Taboo (and small production by discovery channel), but its about the North american fur trade in late 18th century, close to the setting of Taboo, starring Khal Drogo/Aquaman Jason Momoa lol

"Here’s the reality Spinazzola is just as good and some aspects of his game better. "

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Also yes I believe Spinazzola is a better defender than sandro and just as good in other aspects

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    How long is the drive from the shores to the slopes? They don't seem that far apart.
    They aren't too far as the crow flies.. Unfortunately (or fortunately dependent on perspective!), the interior and west side of the island are pretty undeveloped still... mostly logging roads in pretty rough shape and then long hikes into the wild mountains in the Parks.

There are only two ski hills on the island, and both are a good 2-3 hours from the nearest surf break. However, you could be down at the beach on the inside strait between the island and mainland BC in about 30-40 minutes from the one ski hill.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks amazing PI, cant wait til we see some of it on the tv series, since its essentially gonna be the "main character" so to speak. Here's bit of history of the place and how the tv series uses it:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...t-nootka-sound

When we are on the subject, I'm kinda weak for anything historical, so I tried 4 or so episodes of this series called Frontier, its quite bit more lower quality then likes of Taboo (and small production by discovery channel), but its about the North american fur trade in late 18th century, close to the setting of Taboo, starring Khal Drogo/Aquaman Jason Momoa lol

Thanks for the link. I only knew a little of that history of Nootka Sound. It's pretty crazy to think about how close Vancouver Island was to being American, with how the border between Canada and the US was settled here on the West Coast. Even crazier to think that a place like Nootka (in the middle of nowhere to this day) was such a point of interest. If you like this sort of history you should read up on some of the history and myth of the First Nations here in the Pacific Northwest. Fascinating cultures.

I haven't watched Frontier yet... What did you think of it aside from the middling production quality? Worth a watch? I've heard pretty mixed reviews.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Jury still out on Frontier, its decent, not much more. But the setting is at times quite compelling viewing.
    "Here’s the reality Spinazzola is just as good and some aspects of his game better. "

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Also yes I believe Spinazzola is a better defender than sandro and just as good in other aspects

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Hooked onto Doctor Who.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1873 Post(s)
    Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit Sherlock 2nd episode is ..... oh $#@!!
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1392 Post(s)
    Homeland is back
    Ban Cronios

Cash
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Gotham is back

Cash
    Mentioned
    1873 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Gotham is back
    Quite sad to see Penguin as a fag.

Cash
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    what does this remind me of