Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    I felt sad for Ivory Coast but hopefully they advance.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Portugal were not good in the qualifiers but once it's World Cup they will show up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I still have a feeling Portugal will still somehow sneak through with Brazil finishing top, but since the Cup is in Africa, the Coast has a very good chance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    we'll wait for swag's analysis on portugal, i personally dont rate them
    It could go either way (that's what he said). But Portugal certainly has the talent to succeed. If I recall correctly, in 2002 people expected them to go very far with the likes of Figo and Rui Costa in the team, but they ended up failing. In 2006, folks didn't seem to think too much of them at the time (I thought they were good but wouldn't go as far as they did).

So unfortunately we might have a case of folks underestimating Portugal, with them going through. If they actually play as a team with all the talent they have, and start scoring, they will be a threat.

They can beat Ivory Coast for sure.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    It could go either way (that's what he said). But Portugal certainly has the talent to succeed. If I recall correctly, in 2002 people expected them to go very far with the likes of Figo and Rui Costa in the team, but they ended up failing. In 2006, folks didn't seem to think too much of them at the time (I thought they were good but wouldn't go as far as they did).

So unfortunately we might have a case of folks underestimating Portugal, with them going through. If they actually play as a team with all the talent they have, and start scoring, they will be a threat.

They can beat Ivory Coast for sure.
    yes but the 2006 team is so much better than this one, we ll see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)